Home
Obama suggests Republicans unwilling to compromise in gun control debate

Published January 27, 2013
FoxNews.com

President Obama is suggesting that House Republicans on the issue of gun control appear neither willing to work with him nor listen to the American public on the issue.

�The House Republican majority is made up mostly of members who are in sharply gerrymandered districts that are very safely Republican and may not feel compelled to pay attention to broad-based public opinion, because what they're really concerned about is the opinions of their specific Republican constituencies,� the president said in an interview with The New Republic.

Obama also said he can get 50 percent of public support for many of his upcoming initiatives, but �I can't get enough votes out of the House of Representatives to actually get something passed. � I think there is still shock on the part of some in the party that I won re-election.�

The president said he has a profound respect for the traditions of hunting that date back for generations.

He said that moving forward on the topic means understanding that the realities of guns in urban areas are very different from the realities of guns in rural areas.

He said it's understandable that people are protective of their family traditions when it comes to hunting so �gun-control advocates also need to do �a little more listening than they do sometimes� in the debate.

The interview appears in the Feb. 11 issue of The New Republic.

Obama also said one of the biggest factors in the gun-control debate will be how it is shaped by the media.

�If a Republican member of Congress is not punished on Fox News or by Rush Limbaugh for working with a Democrat on a bill of common interest, then you�ll see more of them doing it,� he said. �I think John Boehner genuinely wanted to get a deal done, but it was hard to do in part because his caucus is more conservative probably than most Republican leaders are, and partly because he is vulnerable to attack for compromising Republican principles and working with Obama.�

The president argued that �the more left-leaning media outlets recognize that compromise is not a dirty word� and that party leaders, including Senate Majority Harry Reid and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, are �willing to buck the more absolutist-wing elements in our party to try to get stuff done.�

Has Obama himself ever fired a gun? Yes, he says, he and others shoot skeet frequently at the president's Maryland retreat, Camp David.

The president also said much of the challenge in Washington is to make Americans feel that national politics is indeed connected to their day-to-day realities.

�And that�s not an unjustifiable view,� he said. So everything we do combines both a legislative strategy with a broad-based communications and outreach strategy to get people engaged and involved, so that it�s not Washington over here and the rest of America over there.�
Well, the GOP better just have broad enough shoulders to bear the burden on the blame & continue not to cave.

As to Obama's comment that he can get 50% voter support, sure as hell does not give him any kind of mandate or leverage.

MM
Obama the Real American Citizen has Spoken and we won't stand for the Constitution to be chit on by you and your Communist Administration . Time to quit using dead children to push your anti gun agenda
Obama's attempting to dance around the fact Reid and 6-10 other dems won't have anything to do with it either.

He should have waited until he had at least 51 votes in the Senate before he spouted off this foolish blather.
He just realized it's going to take too much effort to disarm U.S. citizens.
"I won re-election."

Arrogant SOB.

"broad-based communications and outreach strategy"

In other words ... Government propaganda.
Hunting! LMAO! The 2nd is in place to put down the likes of the National Lawn Jockey and his commissars.
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Well, the GOP better just have broad enough shoulders to bear the burden on the blame & continue not to cave.

As to Obama's comment that he can get 50% voter support, sure as hell does not give him any kind of mandate or leverage.

MM
All that means even if it were true, is that the other 50% despise his sorry asss.
After sending e-mails to everyone in Texas politics I expected some short responses from a few.I got long responses from all I e-mailed.I assume they got so many folks contacting them that they took time to assure everyone that they would not support gun control.I hope this is nation wide.
Dear Barry;

It's not about hunting.

Rural or urban, gun ownership is a fundamental right. You come off as sounding more than just a little afraid, and a fraud.

You're right about the media.

Please post a picture of you shooting a shotgun. We'd love to see it.

Obama seems ignorant that the legislative title of "Representative" points up the supposition that those elected should vote the will of their constituency.

Imagine the gall of those who do the bidding of those that sent them. And that notwithstanding that they all solemnly swore to uphold and defend our constitution.

It is clear that the elected leader of our nation wears the turned coat comfortably, and scorns those who refuse.
And he was allegedly a Con Law professor.

Obama continues to push the hunting aspect of firearms and ignores the fact that the second amendment is not about with hunting
There's what I'd call a 'Legacy effect' to alla' this lame azzed dog and pony show these creeps have put on.

A.) While many of us were never in doubt, those who had doubts about his admin's facist agendas now KNOW what they are, "beyond any shadow".

B.) A LOT of Americans have made it their business to arm themselves, or bolster their inventory.

C.) The backlash generated LAW, generated in State Legislative assemblies,is going to REMAIN on more than a few State's books,...I'd hold up Arizona's 13-3121 as a good example.

Link: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...s/7363531/Gotta_Love_Arizona#Post7363531

All in all, I'd say the stupid bastards really screwed the pooch.

GTC
To get as good at lying as he is,it's pretty obvious he has been practicing since somebody slapped him on the butt while holding him upside down. Just unbelievable. GD dems and liberals are the enemy, never mind Al Quaida and taliban. What a sorry bunch. Magnum Man
They had a little anti-gun rally in D.C. and thousands attended. At the Gun Show in Austin Tx. thousands attended yesterday and thousands will attend today. Just one show in one city. I have never seen such a crowd. Long line to get in from start to finish. Also, two dozen anti protesters were at the Capitol.
I went through the protest in DC yesterday.

Maybe, maybe a thousand attended. There were far more pro 2A folks than the several you mentioned, as well.

A thousand or couple thousand here and there compared to 80 million?
the old worn out and tired "The GOP wants to kill children" meme by Obama.

Next time he will trot out racism charges against the old rich white dinosaurs of the GOP.

Stand strong RINO'S

elections have consequences.
Originally Posted by RISJR
The president said he has a profound respect for the traditions of hunting that date back for generations.........Has Obama himself ever fired a gun? Yes, he says, he and others shoot skeet frequently at the president's Maryland retreat, Camp David.

Obama is a filthy lying n*gger!!! How many times does that hybrid pavement-ape have to piss all over the shoes of Good White People before they realize that he really despises them and wants to treat them like Nelson "The Commie Terrorist" Mandela has treated the White Boers in South Africa???

As for his alleged "skeet shooting" activities, this is even more preposterous than Bill Clinton allegedly going duck hunting back in his first presidential campaign in 2000: nobody is buying what he's selling.

Note that "skeet shooting" is an acceptable activity for the upper-class elite and gun-grabbers, and has been used throughout the rest of the world as a way for political leaders to disarm the masses while simultaneously claiming that "hey, we're shooting sportsmen!". Anytime I hear a pol discussing skeet shooting I clutch my guns and flip them my middle finger.
Well that is what we sent the GOP to the hill for, NO COMPROMISE.

I think that we should send good ole Dick Cheney to Camp David for a skeet shooting session.
"Has Obama himself ever fired a gun? Yes, he says, he and others shoot skeet frequently at the president's Maryland retreat, Camp David."

Wonder who's shotgun he uses? Think he owns one? Who are the others?

BTW, I see Obama as the president of Blame. Can't recall him ever acknowledging responsibility.

obama has the Secret Service FBI and the military all with guns to protect his family as well as himself, but doesn't think that the rest of us need guns to protect ourselves and family

If the police need and use a type of weapon then we "joe or jane citizen" should have the same protective weapon

Pure and simple

Feinstein has a concealed weapons permit in Ca. Hypocrite to the max
Originally Posted by TooDogs
"Has Obama himself ever fired a gun? Yes, he says, he and others shoot skeet frequently at the president's Maryland retreat, Camp David."

BTW, I see Obama as the president of Blame. Can't recall him ever acknowledging responsibility.

Biden taught him how to shoot
AP thinks it will be the Democrats that kill it:

Dems May Sink Gun Measures
Some Wary About Obama�s Proposals
By Erica Werner

The Associated Press
WASHINGTON � As the Senate prepares to begin debating new gun control measures, some of President Barack Obama�s fellow Democrats are poised to frustrate his efforts to enact the most sweeping limits on weapons in decades.

These Democrats from largely rural states with strong gun cultures view Obama�s proposals warily and have not committed to supporting them. The lawmakers� concerns could stand in the way of strong legislation before a single Republican gets a chance to vote �no.�

�There�s a core group of Democratic senators, most but not all from the West, who represent states with a higher-than-average rate of gun ownership but an equally strong desire to feel their kids are safe,� said Mark Glaze, director of Mayors Against Illegal Guns. �They�re having hard but good conversations with people back home to identify the middle-ground solutions that respect the Second Amendment but make it harder for dangerous people to get their hands on guns.�

All eyes are on these dozen or so Democrats, some of whom face re-election in 2014. That includes Sens. Max Baucus of Montana, Mark Begich of Alaska and Mark Pryor of Arkansas.

The Senate Judiciary Committee begins hearings Wednesday.

Interest groups, lobbyists, lawmakers, crime victims and others with a stake in the outcome will be watching these senators closely for signals about what measures they might support. The answers will say a lot about what, if anything, Congress can pass in the wake of the shootings of 20 school and six adults at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn., last month.

At issue are Obama�s proposals to ban assault weapons, limit ammunition magazines, crack down on trafficking and require universal background checks. Leading the charge against those ideas is the National Rifle Association. The group wields enormous power to rally public sentiment and is a particular threat to Democrats in pro-gun states who face re-election.

The political concerns of Democrats create problems for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., who has his own history with the NRA.

The powerful gun lobby endorsed him in previous elections, but stayed neutral in his most recent race, in 2010. Even before Obama announced the gun proposals this month, Reid told a Nevada PBS station that an assault weapons ban would have a hard time getting through Congress. That comment irked Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., author of such a ban.

�Clearly, it wasn�t helpful,� she said this past week in reintroducing her measure.

But Feinstein�s original assault weapons ban was a stern political lesson for Reid and other Democrats. Its passage as part of President Bill Clinton�s crime bill in 1994 was blamed for Democratic election losses that year after the NRA campaigned against lawmakers who supported the legislation.
I would just warn about complacency. We all need to keep on our reps, federal, state and local. I am afraid that if we think we have defeated this thing and go to sleep we will wake up with bans in place.

Ernie
Originally Posted by EWY
I would just warn about complacency. We all need to keep on our reps, federal, state and local. I am afraid that if we think we have defeated this thing and go to sleep we will wake up with bans in place.

Ernie

+1

Just the old hat stink of a narcissist:

Not sure this will enlarge, the bone says 'citizenship'.

[Linked Image]
We need to make the 2nd amendment an issue in all state and local elections. A candiate better support my rights if he wants my vote.
I disagree with the title of this thread: "Obama Knows His AWB Is Dead...Blaming The GOP Has Begun." He doesn't believe it's dead at all. Blaming Republicans is part of the strategy to get it passed -- same with everything else he does.

By the way, he continually calls for "compromise." Why is compromise such a high value. Compromise is what keeps the pendulum continually pushing leftward. We can compromise everything away -- until this is no longer America.

Steve.
Originally Posted by jwp475

obama has the Secret Service FBI and the military all with guns to protect his family as well as himself, but doesn't think that the rest of us need guns to protect ourselves and family

If the police need and use a type of weapon then we "joe or jane citizen" should have the same protective weapon

Pure and simple
+1
the lier in chief would be much more comfortable running America like hugo does down in Venezuela. Dictators have a lot more leeway when implementing their programs.
I think one of the most powerful and cost effective tools the NRA has ever used was mailing out voter guides with gun friendly grades for all the candidates on the upcoming ballot....

I didn't get one for the most recent election cycle though? Anyone else get one this year???
"compromise"
That's like when two people are pointing guns at each other, but the guy who won't put his down so the other can have a free shot is unwilling to "compromise"
He knew if was never going to pass. He just wanted to use it to leverage the media into (continuing to) demonizing the Repubs. It's all about 2014 and the midterms.
Originally Posted by johnw

Imagine the gall of those who do the bidding of those that sent them. And that notwithstanding that they all solemnly swore to uphold and defend our constitution.

Imagine the gall of those who actually obey the Constitution!
I don't care who he blames, as long as the d@mn thing is dead. It ain't no ones business but my own what my gun looks like or how many bullets the "clip" holds.
Originally Posted by Steve
He knew if was never going to pass. He just wanted to use it to leverage the media into (continuing to) demonizing the Repubs. It's all about 2014 and the midterms.

I think he just wants it to go away. They came on strong, knowing it would appease the base...and go down quickly.
The last thing he wants is the people coming to the poles in 2014 that didn't bother in November.
I think he just wants it to go away.

if it goes away he'll have to talk about fast and furious, bengazi, the economy, unemployment; and that stuff is sooo boring.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Steve

I think he just wants it to go away. They came on strong, knowing it would appease the base...and go down quickly.
The last thing he wants is the people coming to the poles in 2014 that didn't bother in November.

It sure looked like he did not want any part of this fight right after the shootings.

It could be that after ignoring the Aurora shootings because of the elections they figured they had to try now or just about give up completely on any kind of restrictions.

If we weather this storm it is hard to imagine what kind of a horrible �crisis� they would need to give it another run. In other words, if the people can see this kind of a disaster but still don�t fall for a knee jerk Legislative reaction then it does not bode well for any future attempts to curtail our 2nd Amendments rights.
Democrats may be stupid, but their handlers ain't. The repercussions of 1994 have not been forgotten.
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
If we weather this storm it is hard to imagine what kind of a horrible �crisis� they would need to give it another run. In other words, if the people can see this kind of a disaster but still don�t fall for a knee jerk Legislative reaction then it does not bode well for any future attempts to curtail our 2nd Amendments rights.

Careful. 2014 could do us in if democrats gain enough Congressional seats.
This whole debate would end if there were 20 million NRA members.
Yah I saw a article on that. They lied they got caught. I saw the picture of the little piece of crap he doesn't like getting his ass handed to him. What a great leader LOL
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Well that is what we sent the GOP to the hill for, NO COMPROMISE.

I think that we should send good ole Dick Cheney to Camp David for a skeet shooting session.

grin grin
Well back when Newtown happened I said nothing much if anything was going to come out of it. I still stand by that, but we are going to have to fight back, its going to be more like 1000 cuts rather than the whole thing at once. The 2014 mid terms are important. If we don't vote or sit it out in protest, we will lose in the long run. To many on our side of things just sat it out back in November. There is going to be a lot of hard work ahead. What I found interesting was how quick things moved our way, That Show down in PA, done in less than a day. And this was done by a lot of people who hand money on the line and said no, and were willing to take the losses. Now you know dam right and well the politicians were looking at that and the LEO's telling the Feds to go get bent on this, and its easy to see that this junk is not going anywhere. Then again it was all about sound bits and some grand standing, nothing more. We still don't know what mood altering drugs was in Lasza's system at the time. And we may never know. The tend to forget that he first murdered Mom to get the guns in the first place. And they forget that Murder is a crime, he could not buy a gun in CT himself, so it was already a crime for him to possess such things, and stealing is a crime too, and stealing guns in CT combined with a murder will get you the Death Penalty in CT or it use to. There is a guy on Death Row for just such a thing here. But that was not the point or the issue. Its about dis arming the lawful for the purpose of control, nothing more. Nope I think they will have a hard time taking my rifles away from me. That is the simple truth of it. And CT has some of the strictest gun laws in the Nation too. Go figure!!
Originally Posted by 8SNAKE
Careful. 2014 could do us in if democrats gain enough Congressional seats.
History tells us that 2014 isn't likely to be kind to Democrats. Plus they will be defending some senate seats in red, or even dark red, states.
Here in Alaska our lt governor is going to run for the republican side and will probably be running against begich in the general election... Mead treadwell very well liked and anchorage still dealing with the mess begich left as mayor.. Begich knows he has a tough battle and the consensus is he will loose in 2014...
Originally Posted by watch4bear
This whole debate would end if there were 20 million NRA members.

I agree with that!

Bob
i could care less what obama says or thinks. at the end of the day the house will get to vote. i have every confidence they will vote down any anti gun measures. as long as pro gun folks have the majority in the house, and some key dems up for election in 2 years feel the pressure from their folks back home, obama and his ilk won't get anything of substance to pass.
Democrats may be stupid, but their handlers ain't. The repercussions of 1994 have not been forgotten.
Personally, I don't get this whole argument. Obama hasn't given up the fight. There has been no disavowing of his statements desiring an AWB. For crying out loud y'all, he and Biden are going on a [bleep] anti-gun tour of the US, just inviting some moronicsuckass to take a shot at them. That doesn't even address the possibility of Agents Provocateur doing the same thing and then blaming it on some wet-brain. These dickweasels are just getting started. It is only by the grace of God that we haven't had some "sensible" gun control rammed down our throats already when you look at the likes of some of the ignoramuses that post on here and claim to be "pro-gun". With friends like that...

The AWB may be dead in the water, but we have plenty of RINO's in the Blue States and otherwise who would like to toe the line on this issue and paint themselves as responsible by passing a capacity ban or brag about doing away with the "gunshow loophole". Boys, we can't see the exit from the proverbial woodlot yet, let alone are we almost out of it.

If we truly want to have the pressure off of us, we should long ago have put the pressure on our elected officials and the NRA to go on the offensive rather than wait for the next tragedy that the big boys wanted to exploit. If we are to win, this is what we have to do now. All the facts are on our side. We either believe our own propaganda that more guns equal less crime or we don't. We either believe in justice, which consists of punishing only the guilty, or we don't. The alternative is to delve into subjective emotionalism and pre-punish possibilities rather than those who have actually committed crimes. Already we have lost a big measure of our 1st Amendment rights.

Don't either underestimate nor overestimate the strength of the enemy.
I think it's his 2014 plan, not saying it will work.

He put the gun bill out there knowing it will fail and then he can point his finger at Repubs.

Same thing will happen on the coming immigration Bill. It will fall short and he'll point the finger at Repubs, hoping to drum up enough support to sweep the mid-term elections and fully control 2 branches of the Gov't, with the final branch almost under his control.
Mark, I believe disarming the country is important to the communists, but I believe that breaking the backs of the workers takes priority. The timing isn't right.
They're going to try and whip a frenzy in some of the blue states where a few RINOS have managed to win elections. Don't have the numbers right by me, but what do they need, like 30 votes?? WWhat do you think a RINO cares more about, re-election or gun rights???

Yeah, I bet. Con-niving, con-ceited, con-trarian...
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
I think it's his 2014 plan, not saying it will work.

He put the gun bill out there knowing it will fail and then he can point his finger at Repubs.

Same thing will happen on the coming immigration Bill. It will fall short and he'll point the finger at Repubs, hoping to drum up enough support to sweep the mid-term elections and fully control 2 branches of the Gov't, with the final branch almost under his control.
The Clintons seem to be at odds with the Chicago faction a lot, but when it came to the convention, they all came together like one big happy family. Everything they do is scripted. Clinton supposedly said all that stuff about how he messed up, but remember, when he was initially elected he bragged about beating the NRA. The aim of the gun bills are to get all they possibly can. That is the main aim. If that is confiscation, that's great. If it is just some enhancement of background checks, then that's not so great if it doesn't lead to at least some registration. Obama wants to beat Clinton's record on gun control and a bunch of other stuff. There's also the possibility that he really is trying to provoke internal strife up to and including Civil War. I didn't believe it when he first got elected. I never liked him at all, but I believed the way-out stuff to be tinfoil. The farther we've come, the more it looks like it might not be.

FoxNews.com

President Obama is suggesting that House Republicans on the issue of gun control appear neither willing to work with him nor listen to the American public on the issue.

The president said he has a profound respect for the traditions of hunting that date back for generations.

Has Obama himself ever fired a gun? Yes, he says, he and others shoot skeet frequently at the president's Maryland retreat, Camp David.

I bet he has pulled a trigger or two.

JD338
Mark, I believe disarming the country is important to the communists, but I believe that breaking the backs of the workers takes priority. The timing isn't right.
I don't know that it does. Both are ongoing processes. We're a lot farther down the road of breaking the backs of the middle class for lack of a better term. We're getting that from both ends and both parties regardless of what people believe. Bush doubled the debt before Obama did. Bush also did the first Quantitative Easing, letting off many of the big corporations. I don't know how people are doing as well as they are or how the economy is either. My only thought is that people must be a lot farther in debt than either they or the government is letting on. I have to think that a lot of folks are utilizing their credit and are about ready to bust. Most of the unemployed have either run out of benefits or have taken work making them underemployed. Still, we keep on truckin'...

They will go for whatever they can get on the guns. I think it is both a distraction and for real at the same time. As to elected officials who look vulnerable right now, they can always be paid off to take a fall. Soros has deep pockets.
Originally Posted by fburgtx
They're going to try and whip a frenzy in some of the blue states where a few RINOS have managed to win elections. Don't have the numbers right by me, but what do they need, like 30 votes?? WWhat do you think a RINO cares more about, re-election or gun rights???
They've already been successful in whipping up a frenzy in the Red States...

Just tonight, one of my wife's Facebook friends was making a post talking to politicians about how they took an oath to uphold this country's laws and defend it not turn it into a part of some world government. This is a female and you wouldn't believe how many of my wife's female friends, many of them her former students (yes, she is a HATED teacher) love guns and have been hitting the pro-gun talking points every day after the tragedy and subsequent anti-gun horsefukkingshit.
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

He was a visiting guest lecturer when the truth came out- not on the faculty.

Lying sack of schit POTUS
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

He was a visiting guest lecturer when the truth came out- not on the faculty.

Lying sack of schit POTUS

Then that makes him somewhat of a CONfidence man.

t he has fired a gun a glock even held sideways above the head while holding his balls and cussing out the target , but wait that might have been in Kenya while getting ready to become a US ni**er
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Obama hasn't given up the fight. There has been no disavowing of his statements desiring an AWB.

Remember, Obummer is a lame-duck NIGPOTUS: he can do whatever he wants to do, he's got his lifetime pension and SS protection, he'll leave congressional Demonrats to deal with the voters' wrath no matter what the fallout from his anti-gun communist BS. He has also successfully diverted all attention from the Fast & Furious fiasco, and he's diverted all inquiry into the Benghazi embassy clusterphuck. Obummer is going to get maximum mileage out of his anti-gun rhetoric and he doesn't care about the fate of America, he won't see any of us from his beach-front compound in Hawaii when he leaves the White House.

[Linked Image]
Don't believe it. Remember how we were all told that Romney had the election in the bag? Don't let your guard down, folks. They are going to try to slip in a "compromise" version of the law if you don't hold your Congressman's feet to the fire.
[Linked Image]
Obama hasn't given up the fight

http://townhall.com/columnists/dere...ond-amendment-battle-n1498524/page/full/

Asking greedy Wall Street types to short sell a stock that is going nowhere but up short term seems more like desperation than astute political maneuvering.

BOA was already giving gun makers grief. Google the McMillan/BOA mixup.

The antis were forced to play this hand at a bad time and are going to give it their best shot. That being said, the timing is very bad for them and is better for us.

What could they do? They already ignored the Aurora Shootings because the internal polling (the accurate polling the public never sees) told them it was a very bad play during the election.

Ignore another �crisis� (Sandy Hook) and the base is uberpissed and you need a simply monumental next �crisis� to get the public on your side.

This is why I never buy into the �conspiracy tin foil hat crap�. The timing for this push is all wrong for the Banners. They got dealt a bad hand on this �crisis� but have been forced to play it.

It is going to cost them with very little upside.
BO lipspeaks compromise, yet there is no compromise in any initiatives he's accomplished.

Affordable Care Act is a shining star example.
Let's hope the timing is on the right side.

A few more manufactured crisis will be used to his favor.

The electorate has been so dumbed down I have little hope for a turn in course for our nation.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Asking greedy Wall Street types to short sell a stock that is going nowhere but up short term seems more like desperation than astute political maneuvering.

BOA was already giving gun makers grief. Google the McMillan/BOA mixup.

The antis were forced to play this hand at a bad time and are going to give it their best shot. That being said, the timing is very bad for them and is better for us.

What could they do? They already ignored the Aurora Shootings because the internal polling (the accurate polling the public never sees) told them it was a very bad play during the election.

Ignore another �crisis� (Sandy Hook) and the base is uberpissed and you need a simply monumental next �crisis� to get the public on your side.

This is why I never buy into the �conspiracy tin foil hat crap�. The timing for this push is all wrong for the Banners. They got dealt a bad hand on this �crisis� but have been forced to play it.

It is going to cost them with very little upside.
"Senate Majority Harry Reid and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, are �willing to buck the more absolutist-wing elements in our party to try to get stuff done.�

WTF!! Pelosi IS an "absolutionist left wing element".

BO lipspeaks compromise, yet there is no compromise in any initiatives he's accomplished.

Affordable Care Act is a shining star example.

Hmmmm. Interesting as the only gun related legislation I am aware of he signed now says it be OKEE DOKEE for me to pack a pistol in Yellowstone Park. Prior to such the Park Service took a very dim view to pistol packin citizens.

Seems to me we can beat his agenda on this issue if we stick together and play it smart.

He ain�t �God� nor is he elected for life.
Where's the resident c@ck suckers always telling us that there is no difference between the parties?

If there were no difference, the alleged 6 Dem Senators and slim majority in the house wouldn't mean d!ck.

Americans better realize the GOP isn't perfect, but it's the only damned party that matters, still comprised of people that actually respect the constitution and what it stands for.

[Linked Image]

Excellent, but I would amend by removing the word "governments" and replace with the word "politicians".

FoxNews.com

�The House Republican majority is made up mostly of members who are in sharply gerrymandered districts that are very safely Republican and may not feel compelled to pay attention to broad-based public opinion, because what they're really concerned about is the opinions of their specific Republican constituencies,� the president said in an interview with The New Republic.

Obama also said he can get 50 percent of public support for many of his upcoming initiatives, but �I can't get enough votes out of the House of Representatives to actually get something passed. � I think there is still shock on the part of some in the party that I won re-election.�

He said that moving forward on the topic means understanding that the realities of guns in urban areas are very different from the realities of guns in rural areas.

He said it's understandable that people are protective of their family traditions when it comes to hunting so �gun-control advocates also need to do �a little more listening than they do sometimes� in the debate.

Obama also said one of the biggest factors in the gun-control debate will be how it is shaped by the media.

�If a Republican member of Congress is not punished on Fox News or by Rush Limbaugh for working with a Democrat on a bill of common interest, then you�ll see more of them doing it,� he said. �I think John Boehner genuinely wanted to get a deal done, but it was hard to do in part because his caucus is more conservative probably than most Republican leaders are, and partly because he is vulnerable to attack for compromising Republican principles and working with Obama.�

The president argued that �the more left-leaning media outlets recognize that compromise is not a dirty word� and that party leaders, including Senate Majority Harry Reid and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, are �willing to buck the more absolutist-wing elements in our party to try to get stuff done.�

The president also said much of the challenge in Washington is to make Americans feel that national politics is indeed connected to their day-to-day realities.

�And that�s not an unjustifiable view,� he said. So everything we do combines both a legislative strategy with a broad-based communications and outreach strategy to get people engaged and involved, so that it�s not Washington over here and the rest of America over there.�

Once a community organizer always a community organizer, he only knows blame and division.
Originally Posted by Barkoff

FoxNews.com

Once a commie organizer always a commie organizer, he only knows blame and division.

There I fixed it for yah!
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Where's the resident c@ck suckers always telling us that there is no difference between the parties?

If there were no difference, the alleged 6 Dem Senators and slim majority in the house wouldn't mean d!ck.

Americans better realize the GOP isn't perfect, but it's the only damned party that matters, still comprised of people that actually respect the constitution and what it stands for.

I find that the people who say both parties are the same are often people who don't vote. When somebody whines about politicians but doesn't vote, I tell them to go cry to somebody else.
I love his complaint that Republican senators are not willing to compromise, because they are paying too much attention to the desires of their constituency....

what a concept... the Friggin DumbocRATS ought to try that one...
Well, of COURSE it's the GOP's fault.. What kills me is they're doing nothing about it.. Since they're to be blamed for everything from nuclear fallout to moldy bread, WHY NOT EARN the blame???

FIND SOME CAJONES, fer chrissakes..

They got NUTHIN'....
Originally Posted by Captain
[Linked Image]

Excellent, but I would amend by removing the word "governments" and replace with the word "politicians".
I'd replace government with the state.
© 24hourcampfire