Home
My wife got diagnosed with cancer within a week of our return from family vacation.

Tuesday she's going to have some major surgery and then begin to undergo chemo. She's a tough road ahead.

They say opposites attract and it must be true to a degree, she's one of the sweetest, most generous and kind folk I've ever met.

For those of you that are faith based, I'd so appreciate if you could say a little prayer for her, that her surgery is successful and our efforts to regain her health ultimately prevail as well.

for those of you non faith based, if you could just think some good thoughts for her I would appreciate that too.

for those of you that I've offended here over the years, while I may have no right to ask, I will anyway, that you just remain silent. I can be an azz, I realize, but my wife truly is a very good person, so in this instance if you have nothing positive to add, your silence would truly be golden.

Not wanting to turn this into one big pity party thread, no need for lots of comments or anything.

There's many of you that post here that I consider a friend even though in most instances we've never shook each other's hand.

I know we have your best thoughts towards her.

but for you folks that believe in the power of prayer as I do (there's actually statistical data of the value of it)

we'd so appreciate your prayers for a full recovery for Tina.

thank you and God bless you each and everyone.
Done, and Godspeed to you both.
So sorry to hear this. Prayers will be offered today and in the future.
That hurts me terribly to read Randy. Godspeed my friend, I can't even imagine.
Done, Sir.

Gunner
Prayers offered.
Here

smile
Prayers comin' sir.. Lots of good docs/treatments these days.. Best wishes for full remission..
You got it, Randy. Thanks for including her name so I can properly address my prayer when speaking to the Big Guy.
So sorry to hear of it my friend. Your whole family and most of all Tina have my sympathy, best wishes and prayers. Hang in there.
Randy you have my thoughts and prayers for you and your wife.
I'm so sorry to hear this, sir. You and Tina have my prayers.
She is on my list. Glad to pray.
Prayers sent sir.
Prayers on the way.
Randy

You know you've got all you need and ask for from us down here in TX.

ANd if we can help in any other way we are a PM away...

Jeff
sent from here
Done for both of you.
From me as well. A good wife is a gift...........
Been there in 08 prayers offered.
I'm faith based, and prayers for you and your Wife are on the way.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
That hurts me terribly to read Randy. Godspeed my friend, I can't even imagine.

+1...for sure...
Damn Randy. Prayers for Tina.
Sad news indeed. Prayers are on the way. God Bless you all.

Bob
Prayers sent, and best wishes.
Prayers sent
Prayers and good thoughts.
My wife is a 14 year survivor. It is still scary when goes for cancer screening.
I truly wish your wife well. Hang in there, she is going to need you.

Ernie
Sorry to hear that your wife has cancer. I understand that cancer thing. May your wife have a speedy recovery and may the Goddess bless.
Prayers sent.
hoping for the best and her to have strength to face what is ahead
you got them, in the same boat here. my mom has been fighting cancer for the last 5yrs. the Dr's at MD Anderson told her yesterday she has 6months to a yr. shes going to try another stem cell transplant. shes a fighter they told her the same thing 5 yrs ago, so we have faith.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
you got them, in the same boat here. my mom has been fighting cancer for the last 5yrs. the Dr's at MD Anderson told her yesterday she has 6months to a yr. shes going to try another stem cell transplant. shes a fighter they told her the same thing 5 yrs ago, so we have faith.

When all else fails,,,,,,,,,,,,,,there is faith. Not necessarily a building to go to, but a room in your heart. Faith is our partner.
Prayers sent from New Jersey! God Bless you both!
2legit - thanks for what you have shared here, for it opens the door to our prayer efforts. Your sincerity is so palpable, and it is very painful to think about having to face such a challenge with a loved one. You and your lovely wife will be in my prayers.
Prayed for complete healing and strength/endurance for both of you.
Done. Tina and your family are both in my prayers.
Prayers sent to you and your Tina.
Strength through faith to both of you and the rest of your family.
Randy, sorry to hear. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.
Prayers on the way.
Prayers from here of course.
THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS FOR A FULL RECOVERY.
Tina and yourself have my prayers, for a successful surgery and healing.

Lynn
Prayers for recovery and healing from someone who believes in the power of prayer.
Randy, will be praying for you and your wife for healing and God directing the doctors hand. My wife went through the same thing a few years ago, so I know what you are going through. She will really need your support right now. Let me know if there's anything I can do.
your bride - and you - are lifted.

my bride and i both have fought that battle, with Him in the lead ...
BTDT - "The Warden" got the tee-shirt!
Forwarding the prayers offered on her behalf, a few years ago; and offering some fresh ones from here. Hope it turns out as well for Tina as it did for Joy!
May God bless Tina and Randy.

Mark
done. Let Tina know there are a lot of people praying for her health.
Randy,

Not faith based, but Tina has my deepest hopes for a speedy recovery.

If you haven't already, maybe get Tina in touch with MissTreated? M's walked that path, and may be able to lend a hand in ways we men or those that haven't had to fight cancer personally cannot fathom.

As for those that you have offended, two things:

One, I've never seen you be a prick. Disagreements, sure. But never an outright butthole.

Two, my great-aunt had a toast she'd use every once in a while - "Here's to us, and those like us. Damn the rest".

Scott
Randy,

Thoughts and prayers to you and the Mrs. for a successful surgery and full recovery. And an open ear should you ever need someone to chat with.

Best,
Bob
Done !

Can't imagine the empty feeling she and you must have.
God Bless ..
Mike
will do for Tina
Sincere prayers of healing, comfort and strength.
Sorry to hear that, old buddy. Prayer for a complete recovery has been sent.
Tina has a LARGE prayer lifted from my house.

BP...
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
My wife got diagnosed with cancer within a week of our return from family vacation.

Tuesday she's going to have some major surgery and then begin to undergo chemo. She's a tough road ahead.

They say opposites attract and it must be true to a degree, she's one of the sweetest, most generous and kind folk I've ever met.

For those of you that are faith based, I'd so appreciate if you could say a little prayer for her, that her surgery is successful and our efforts to regain her health ultimately prevail as well.

There's many of you that post here that I consider a friend even though in most instances we've never shook each other's hand.

but for you folks that believe in the power of prayer as I do (there's actually statistical data of the value of it)

Randy

As my wife and I have personally met Tina and you, as well as enjoyed your hospitality, we are devastated with such news. Yes, she is one of the nicest people we have ever met and you my friend are top notch also. Know that you both are in our thoughts and prayers. It was always obvious to us how much she means to you so we know you will always be there for her when she needs it.

Take care my friend and think positive.

Joanne & Larry
Sorry. Prayers sent. Hang in there.
Real sorry that this has befallen you and your wife, Randy. May the peace of God find your heart when you most need it, sir.
Prayers on the way from Michigan.......
Our thoughts and hearts go out to you and your wife Randy. She's in good hands....
Prayers from Nebraska for your wife, you and your entire family. Keep a positive attitude.
you may never fully understand the comfort and strength, your kind words and thoughts about us and the prayers on her behalf mean to us.

Bless you one and all and thank you.
You know you got 'em here, bud.

Randy and Tina are nice folks. Randy and I have met FTF a few times and i had the pleasure of drinking beers on his sun-drenched porch last May. tina is a doll and I actually though for a few moments that she was the daughter to which he refers from time-to-time.

The only things that would have made the afternoon better would have been more time and getting Randy to pipe down a little! wink
Thoughts and prayers from Iowa.
Randy, prayers for Tina, you and the rest of the family.
Very sorry to hear this. I wish both her and your family the very best of outcomes.
Sorry to hear my friend. Prayers sent.
Prayers sent North.
No words, just prayers & hope.

MM

I fully believe that your wife will make a full recovery. With all of the prayers you have the support of the faithful.

Glenda went through the cancer treatment last year and so far seems to be cancer free

Done Sir
Positive thoughts here for your wife's complete recovery.
For you and all those who love her as well.
Best Wishes. Prayers sent
I'm so sorry to hear this Randy, Prayers sent.

Please give Tina a hug from all of us and let her know were all pulling for her.
Prayers sent
Sir, Tina and you have my prayers.

It is obvious that you love her and care about her. That will be critical in the coming days and weeks.

Other than prayer, if there is anything I can do, please let me know.

Ed
Best wishes sent, 2legit.
Praying for you both!
Randy, you folks have our prayers.
It was great meeting you folks last summer.
I'm not sure there's anything else we can do from here except pray and trust in the positive outlook you folks have.
Here's to her surgical team and her oncologist for skill and healing insight.
I hate this for you... I pray for strength and healing... amen

Kent
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

Randy, I sat here for a few minutes thinking.

Said a little prayer that she'll come out okay.
Prayers for Tina, and Rogers mom being sent from Texas. Hoping for the most positive of outcomes for all involved!!
Stay strong for her, she will beat it! Prayers on the way!
I wish your wife the very best and hope she has a full recovery. Prayers are sent.

L.W.
Prayers sent.
Randy;
As I've written already, your wife, your family and of course you as well will definitely be in my daily thoughts and prayers.

I've been praying as well that the surgeons hands are guided and minds sharpened as they work toward Tina's healing.

Lastly Randy, I've been asking that our Lord gives you strength and wisdom as a husband and father while you deal with this on every level.

Dwayne
Randy, I will say prayers for your Wife and you. call me anytime if you just need to vent or plain old talk. Anytime.
Kind thoughts and wishes indeed. Hope all turns out for the better.
I'm so sorry to hear this. I pray that your wife is as strong as your love for her. Damn, just damn.
I'll pray for Tina. Cherish her.
This one really hurts. Randy, you know my position here.

All the energies and prayers I have are yours.

Godspeed health Tina.

You young men hang in there.

David
I have and will pray for you folks.

�The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.�� Numbers 6:24-26

Jim

Prayers sent from Minnesota. Good luck and Godspeed.
prayers sent my friend..
Prayers for a speedy and total recovery to good health again for Tina, and hope, strength, and peace of mind and spirit for all.
Done. May things go well for your wife and your family, sir.
Prayers and good thoughts for your wife...
Prayers sent from my house to yours.
Paul B.
Prayers for a full recovery and strength for your family to endure the process with her sent. Docs today have some amazing tools to help that happen.
That first sentence was like a punch in the gut and I presume a common feeling for any fortunate husband of a good wife.
Prayers have been said and will be said again.
His peace to both of you.

Prayers, from here.
Prayers sent from Southeast Texas.
Prayers for Tina and prayers for you as you support her on the road to recovery.
Prayers sent from KY.
Prayers sent.
Just saw this Randy.

I wish there was more I could offer than just words.

God I hope she comes out of this ok.

Big man hug for you bud.

Not sure how I missed this one. Prayers sent from NH!

George
Sure would like to receive a positive update on this one ole pard.

Hope and more heart felt wishes that all is well.

DLH
Done and will do again.

Take care, and I'm sure all here are hoping for the best of outcomes.
© 24hourcampfire