Home
...and the new ones, too.
EZ-Pour Replacement Spout and Vent Kit
[Linked Image]

This comes with 2 caps that will fit a bunch of different cans. It also inclues a couple replacement vents. One of the caps fits many popular LATE MODEL cans with those crap EPA monstrosities. If you replace one of those, one of the vent caps will work if you drill a hole in the can and just pop it in.

I bought a kit locally for $10.50. I see them online for a little less but you have to pay shipping so it's a wash pricewise.

You're welcome.
Awesome!
Free Enterprise for the win!!!!!!
Since it will replace the EPA approved spouts, I wonder how long it will be on the market. You KNOW the feds will be trying to shut them down in short order.
yaayus!
I drilled a hole and use a roofing nail for the vent, lol

I seen a model in Walmart yesterday ( made in USA)

but it had some bullsh!t squeeze ring, twist, push down, lock, etc

good grief

gmafb

I started using Roundup 2 gallon jugs for my diesel.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Since it will replace the EPA approved spouts, I wonder how long it will be on the market. You KNOW the feds will be trying to shut them down in short order.

Web site said this is replacment part for pre 2009 cans. Of course they fit the new cans just fine it seems. So we may be safe from a shut down by the feds.
Ace stores, Fleet farm, tractor supply are some of the stores that are supposed to carry them.
You just made my day!

The first time my FIL saw one of the new type cans, he said "Those things must have been invented by an engineer that gets paid by the hour, not by the job!"

This from a retired nuclear power plant design engineer. grin

Ed
Awesome is all i have to say. Oh and thanks
I need to grab a few of these. I have seven or eight of the red gas cans with those dumbassed safety spouts on them, laying around not getting used. I gave up on the pieces of shyte, and started using the racing gas cans. Much better!! These spouts will get my old gas fans back in rotation.
A friend of mine uses tire valves for vets, drill hole - pull valve through hole - remove core and replace cap.
Sweet! I've got about 7-8 plastic gas cans and at least half of them can't be used due to broken spouts. This'll get me back in business.
Going to try and find some of these today.

http://ezpourspout.com/wp/
I've had about half a mind to buy some sheet metal and make myself up a couple of fuel cans...

Paint them red, is there any reason I couldn't use them?
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

The new "EPA approved" spouts are proof that the Feds don't care one whit about the environment or the health of people. I've never seen fueling contraptions which made more of a mess. With the old stuff you had to be careful; with the new, being careful isn't good enough, you also have to be very coordinated. Having young, strong, pain-free hands would probably be useful as well. Even so, the new ones just about guarantee that fuel will be spilled/spattered, sprayed. (And, do they realize that spouts which stick up are much more prone to getting broken/knocked off that are those which can be stuck inside the container?)
I'm not sure the brand or where but I picked up a set of two from Canada through either eBay or Amazon last Summer on a similar quest. That fixed a couple 5 gallon cans to go with my other 6 or 8 cans varying from 1 gallon incrementally to about three 5 gallon gas cans plus a couple for kerosene. cool

Will not be needing any of those PIA monstrosities anytime soon. A friend of mine has one of the new ones and it takes the 2 of us to work it! mad
Gracias

I hate the spouts on my cans
I have several of the old Eagle metal cans in 1, 2-1/2 and 5 gallon size. From way back in the 70's when I played in NW logging. And I bought a bunch of spare caps and spouts back then, best thing I ever did was to keep the cans. That little push button vent in the cap is one of man's best inventions.

Plastic gas cans are a poor excuse.

I don't spill a drop with the old Eagle cans, can't say this about the plastic cans.
Not to mention - I was wrestling a can around 1 morning, when it had been in the sun for about an hour after I filled it, and managed to push the spout down far enough to give myself an instantaneous (and impromptu) gas bath!
Better for the environment my RRA!
Even worse for my famously short temper!

Mark
Thanks for the tip. I picked one up today at my local TSC.
These are the ones I bought because they fit the cans I had. They don't fit just any jug, you have to figure out which ones fit what brand, some have comparability lists, other times you need to find out by trying one from another can out in your shop.

These worked great on mine:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scepter-Jer..._DefaultDomain_2&hash=item2c660402df
Non-vented plastic fuel containers suck balls, I have a picture of the same can blown up like a beach ball due to the heat. The Blitz spouts are hard as crap to operate and put a lot of pressure on plastic fuel tanks like weedeaters and chainsaws.

[Linked Image]

Blitz could not design and market a functional and compliant spout so I tossed them all and bought an Eagle.

[Linked Image]
The MF's that came up with those new [bleep] spouts never used them much I'll bet. They need to stand there and fuel up a skid steer and have fuel running all over them, bastids.

Now days a good funnel rules.
I made necked down filler hoses for my JEG's racing jugs.
I can fill the truck, NASCAR style!
( and only spill a little..)

But thanks for that .
That will probably be the best link of the day!
Originally Posted by viking
The MF's that came up with those new [bleep] spouts never used them much I'll bet. They need to stand there and fuel up a skid steer and have fuel running all over them, bastids.

Now days a good funnel rules.

No they didn't/don't. They don't care anyway because the design is supposed to comply with some [bleep]-up environmental law. I usually wreck the innards of the spout and drill a vent hole up top that I can close off with a coarse-threaded bolt.

[bleep] the eco-nazis.
Everybody I know uses a funnel anymore due to the new spouts, and they drill their own vent hole. Most farmers use old chemical jugs for diesel jugs to fill up equipment.
Snapped the spout off one of my few remaining good gas cans last night while putting gas in my truck. Now it's really time to get some of these spouts.
Great, looks like I live in the wrong state. mad

ATTENTION!!!
IF YOU LIVE IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING STATES YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED BY LAW TO PURCHASE THE GAS CAN SPOUT: CALIFORNIA, CONNECTICUT, WASHINGTON D.C., DELAWARE, MAINE, MARYLAND, MASSACHUSETTS, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, OHIO, PENNSYLVANIA, VIRGINIA. IF YOU LIVE IN ONE OF THESE STATES, YOU MAY PURCHASE THE EZ-POUR WATER CAN SPOUT INSTEAD.
RESIDENTS IN THE ABOVE LISTED STATES WHO PLACE AN ORDER FOR GAS CAN SPOUTS WILL RECEIVE A REFUND AND ORDER WILL BE VOIDED.
Heh Heh, looks like there is a solution for us behind the iron curtain.

http://ezpourspout.com/wp/order/order-water-can-2/

These guys are enterprising fellows!
© 24hourcampfire