Home
Nearly 3/4 of the counties in ny have either passed or have a pending vote on a resolution to repeal the current ny safe act. Add dutchess county sheriff's association to the quickly growing opposition of this law. I did not think it would be done but I'm proud to see so many fellow upstate ny residents up in arms. No pun intended.

Best way to follow this is new York state rifle and pistol association on facebook.
Qhomo's gonna crack, thats ok, he'll find comfort with his buds from uranus, rhom and blowbammy.

Gunner
Cuomo is backpedaling already by trying to win support. He is proposing lowering hunting and fishing license fees. Too little too late IMO
YBYA, that puke will be gone next election, if the crooks don't steal it.

Gunner
Add spikes and Barrett to the long list of manufacturers refusing to sell to ny govt and Leo
Good to hear this. Another step closer to having the Safe Act turned around!
Originally Posted by salty444
Add spikes and Barrett to the long list of manufacturers refusing to sell to ny govt and Leo

If Glock, Colt, and Springfield would step up too, it would be a done deal, nationwide. wink

Gunner
Nearly 3/4 of the counties in ny have either passed or have a pending vote on a resolution to repeal the current ny safe act. Add dutchess county sheriff's association to the quickly growing opposition of this law. I did not think it would be done but I'm proud to see so many fellow upstate ny residents up in arms. No pun intended.

Best way to follow this is new York state rifle and pistol association on facebook.

If there is a good part of this.
Its that cuomo will never make it as a national figure now.
Almost as good as taking a good healthy chit.

dave
As much as it sucks to say this, I believe that if this law were to be carried through to the Supremes, it would be trashed. THAT would be the best thing to happen for the entire nation.
I don't know. Roberts was blackmailed over the 0bamacare case. Things may not go well for us anymore in the SC.
That's the only real solution, but the collateral damage may prove valuable.

Wonderful to hear.. Congrats to NYers..

Originally Posted by EvilTwin
As much as it sucks to say this, I believe that if this law were to be carried through to the Supremes, it would be trashed. THAT would be the best thing to happen for the entire nation.
Yes and no.. I think it's better to have the populace beat these back themselves - which may just help to unseat these morons next time they come up for re-election. And the more citizens that stand up and push back, the less chance the morons may try to bring any further 'infringements' up for a vote again.. (wishing here.. smile )

Taking it to the SCOTUS, IMHO, is fraught with too much risk. It WOULD be nice though, to have it ruled in favor (our side) only due to the very real possibility that a judge or three might call it quits soon and we get a few more flaming libbies there - in which case a suit brought then would be assured of going against us..
The Heller Decision is the operative here. I do not believe there was any similar settled law for the way the Obamacare case was done.
Make it a point to never forget what they are trying to do, and surely there are those around you that are spouting off that this gun ban is a good idea. Never forget a name or a face. Business owners that are willing to take up against what is right need to feel the financial pain, regardless if their business is gun related or not, and they will need to be reminded of why you are boycotting them.
Cuomo is backpedaling already by trying to win support. He is proposing lowering hunting and fishing license fees. Too little too late IMO

HaHa, you talk about a transparent effort to pander.
I hope this Liberal Bastard gets crucified in the next election.
What is the population breakdown in NY, as far a NYC vs the rest of the state?

Is it possible to get rid of Cuomo if NYC votes for him.?
I have already spoken at the last meeting of the St. Lawrence County legislature and I will speak again when they consider a resolution next week. We have more buses going to Albany on the 28th than I think we could have hoped for. This should be a wake up call. I think all those in this state laying out their time, talent and treasure in this fight need to put it right in the faces of those who, for too long, have been sitting on the sidelines and letting others do it all.
Good for NY, I hope something becomes of this. Unfortunately I think CO is hung out to dry.
on tv last nite they said "baby killer cuomo" has a 59% approval rate'in.......wth??
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

If NYC wants him in we're screwed. 12 million idiots in NYC can out number the rest of us even if half don't vote.
It's time we push that area right into the atlantic and let it sink.
I never gave much thought into moving out of NY until this crap started. Now I think about it all the time. Too bad downstate has to control the whole state. Other than NYC, NY is really not that bad, until now anyway.
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Good for NY, I hope something becomes of this. Unfortunately I think CO is hung out to dry.

never give up the fight.
Time for an electoral college on a state level. Same thing happens in CO, Denver/Boulder runs the rest of the state.
Hopefully enough pressure can be brought about from the hunting/tourism angle to help. Enough business moves out and they might wake up.

I agree, that would be best and it could settle this issue forever.

I just hate the though of NY, MO, and CO citizens suffer without their rights for the years it would take to get to the SC.
Originally Posted by BarryC
I don't know. Roberts was blackmailed over the 0bamacare case. Things may not go well for us anymore in the SC.
You think they have pictures of him with a male prostitute?
Originally Posted by Scott F

I agree, that would be best and it could settle this issue forever.

I just hate the though of NY, MO, and CO citizens suffer without their rights for the years it would take to get to the SC.

The problem is is BO gets another nominee it is likely over...and he's likely to get another nominee before any of this gets challenged which could take a couple years. Not trying to be negative, just realistic.

Best we all pray for the health of the few constitutionalists left on the SC.
When the politicians get scared they will be voted out . They will begin to see it our way. But don't forget the majority sets the agenda in congress. They also control new members of the SCOTUS. Vote on party lines. I mean Reps. Hasbeen

This we need to get SCOTUS to rule re: Heller and McDonald, that bans and mag capacity limits which ban commonly held firearms are unconstitutional.
Originally Posted by gunner500

If Glock, Colt, and Springfield would step up too, it would be a done deal, nationwide. wink

Gunner

Yep. They won't though. That would be the end, or nearly so of those three companies. They sell way more to the gov's than they do to us. Same with Federal cart....
Well..heres a thought..we-the collective of gun owners- could threaten to boycot Glock and the like unless they boycot Cuomo.....
like it.......
I will not buy a Glock until they boycott Cuomo.

how does one blackmail a SC justice? one cannot simply fire a SC justice so no matter how damning your blackmail it cannot hurt their job, family maybe.
It's been a rather common fact that Justice Roberts was under tremendous pressure from our esteemed Emperor to uphold this hated law..and in fact, changed his mind at the last minute and said this pos Obamacare was perfectly okey-dokey..

In my household he's now known as RINO Roberts... mad

Originally Posted by mossbergman

how does one blackmail a SC justice? one cannot simply fire a SC justice so no matter how damning your blackmail it cannot hurt their job, family maybe.

Have you no imagination? How would you bribe/blackmail a man who values honor above money?

The population of NYC itself is 8,244,910

The population of the metro area of NYC is 18,897,109.

The population of New York State as a whole is 19,570,261

So, to answer your question. How NYC votes is how the State goes...
There's less than a million people in Buffalo?
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

Your figures are correct as far as NYC and the NYC metro area but I thought the pop of NYS was roughly 22,000,000 now ? Doesn't really matter though as the NYC metro rules the rest of the state and they're a bunch of commies.

The population of Buffalo has plummeted over the last decade. To the tune of over 2 million people having left...

Current pop. is 261,025
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Your figures are correct as far as NYC and the NYC metro area but I thought the pop of NYS was roughly 22,000,000 now ? Doesn't really matter though as the NYC metro rules the rest of the state and they're a bunch of commies.

You might be right. I just typed "NYS population" into Google and that's what I got. I didn't go to the census bureau or anything like that...
Still, point taken.
Yeah, it's pretty overwhelming...

It's real hard to explain just how rural Upstate is until you put those numbers up, and then put up the comparison of square miles NYC occupies vs. the rest of the state...

Or if you live there...

Upstate is God's Country. It's a crying shame that NYC ruins it all...
Just running the numbers using the 19mil State population, that's 97% of the State's Population live in the NYC Metro area...

Using the 22mil State population number you still have 95% living in the metro area...
There is no point in waiting for the courts to further cloud the issue. We have the right to keep arms and we can and should TAKE our rights before further harm is done. Screw the court. They cannot be relied on anymore because they are themselves political appointees. We must take our freedom and not wait for someone else to give it to us.
NYC metropolitan area includes states besides NYS. Here's what Wikipedia lists for the 12 most populous metro areas in NYS:

1.New York City (18,897,109 in NY/NJ/PA, 12,368,525 in NY)
2.Buffalo-Niagara Falls (1,135,509)
3.Rochester (1,054,323)
4.Albany and the Capital District (870,716)
5.Poughkeepsie and the Hudson Valley (670,301)
6.Syracuse (662,577)
7.Utica-Rome (299,397)
8.Binghamton (251,725)
9.Kingston (182,493)
10.Glens Falls (128,923)
11.Ithaca (101,564)
12.Elmira (88,830)

Wikipedia lists NYS population as 19,570,261 (2012 est). So the part of the NYC metro that's in NYS constitutes a little over 60% of the population of NYS (around 63%).
I believe that Razorback is onto something with his analysis. Look at the election results by county and you will see pockets of blue creeping into upstate. All of the major upstate population centers vote dem. So it is not just NYC that is sinking us but all of the urban areas in the state. We also have three counties in the Northcountry that are rural but now go blue as well (l think .gov is the main employer there).

I am not confident that Cuomo is feeling enough pressure to force him to act. Most people, even sportsmen, have their heads pretty far up their azzes. He seems to have the majority convinced that he is doing a good job even though fiscally he is just kicking the can down the road. The rally next week should be interesting.

[img]http://www.omsmedia.com/wordpress/w...0Electoral%20map%20by%20county%20497x324[/img]

Cuomo needed to go out with his dad, who was just as bad back when he was in office.

There is a reason that NYS has lost lots of population over the past couple of decades, and more than is realized is due to this type of political despotism. I am one...and I meet many others in flyover country who fled to find a better life.
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback
NYC metropolitan area includes states besides NYS. Here's what Wikipedia lists for the 12 most populous metro areas in NYS:

3.Rochester (1,054,323)
6.Syracuse (662,577)
7.Utica-Rome (299,397)
8.Binghamton (251,725)
9.Kingston (182,493)
10.Glens Falls (128,923)
11.Ithaca (101,564)
12.Elmira (88,830)

Wikipedia lists NYS population as 19,570,261 (2012 est). So the part of the NYC metro that's in NYS constitutes a little over 60% of the population of NYS (around 63%).

Well done! Thank you! That looks much more accurate.

Originally Posted by Southerntier8
I believe that Razorback is onto something with his analysis. Look at the election results by county and you will see pockets of blue creeping into upstate. All of the major upstate population centers vote dem. So it is not just NYC that is sinking us but all of the urban areas in the state. We also have three counties in the Northcountry that are rural but now go blue as well (l think .gov is the main employer there).

I am not confident that Cuomo is feeling enough pressure to force him to act. Most people, even sportsmen, have their heads pretty far up their azzes. He seems to have the majority convinced that he is doing a good job even though fiscally he is just kicking the can down the road. The rally next week should be interesting.

[img]http://www.omsmedia.com/wordpress/w...0Electoral%20map%20by%20county%20497x324[/img]

I noticed that during the election. You could find each of those urban area's by the blue spots on the map...
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Cuomo needed to go out with his dad, who was just as bad back when he was in office.

There is a reason that NYS has lost lots of population over the past couple of decades, and more than is realized is due to this type of political despotism. I am one...and I meet many others in flyover country who fled to find a better life.

Born in Watertown
Had family in Oswegatchie
Lived 7 years in Adams Center
Lived 2 years in Mayfield
Lived 5 years in Gloversville
Lived 7 years in Delhi
Lived 1 year in Lima/Avon
Lived 1 year in Liverpool
Lived 1 year in Baldwinsville

Family moved to Bath
Spent a lot of time in Kingston/New Paltz area.

At 24, I ran off and joined the Army. Left NY, and have only been back to visit family. I am 36 now.

3.Rochester (1,054,323)
6.Syracuse (662,577)
7.Utica-Rome (299,397)
8.Binghamton (251,725)
9.Kingston (182,493)
10.Glens Falls (128,923)
11.Ithaca (101,564)
12.Elmira (88,830)

I am not sure where Wikipedia gets their numbers but they are way off. Elmira is 30-35,000. I don't believe Binghamton is close to 250,000 either. If they are counting suburbs of these cities or smaller towns and villages that adjoin these maybe they would bump the numbers up some, but still not what those numbers are.

Ithaca has a very small population as well, unless they are counting the temporary students from Cornell and Ithaca College.

Either way, what NYC votes is what we get stuck with. I am all for cutting the city off and letting it rot on it's own. Ruins an otherwise pretty decent state.
Yep, those population figures are way the hell off. Binghamton NY is around 50,000 not 250,000 and Ithaca is considerably smaller than Binghamton.
Originally Posted by atvalaska
on tv last nite they said "baby killer cuomo" has a 59% approval rate'in.......wth??

Easy----anyone can skewer any poll numbers based on the sample of people they question. I bet among a base sample of inner city welfare takin blacks im sure BO has a 100% approval rating. Ask 100 of them and only 25 conservatives and your survey would show an 80% approval rating. thats why you can put no stock in these polls.
Originally Posted by firemanmark

Easy----anyone can skewer any poll numbers based on the sample of people they question. I bet among a base sample of inner city welfare takin blacks im sure BO has a 100% approval rating. Ask 100 of them and only 25 conservatives and your survey would show an 80% approval rating. thats why you can put no stock in these polls.

I just took a poll at my house, Cuomo has an approval rating of 0%. Margin of error is 0 as well. grin
Originally Posted by jdunham

3.Rochester (1,054,323)
6.Syracuse (662,577)
7.Utica-Rome (299,397)
8.Binghamton (251,725)
9.Kingston (182,493)
10.Glens Falls (128,923)
11.Ithaca (101,564)
12.Elmira (88,830)

I am not sure where Wikipedia gets their numbers but they are way off. Elmira is 30-35,000. I don't believe Binghamton is close to 250,000 either. If they are counting suburbs of these cities or smaller towns and villages that adjoin these maybe they would bump the numbers up some, but still not what those numbers are.

Ithaca has a very small population as well, unless they are counting the temporary students from Cornell and Ithaca College.

Either way, what NYC votes is what we get stuck with. I am all for cutting the city off and letting it rot on it's own. Ruins an otherwise pretty decent state.

The link said that the numbers were for the metro area's, not the cities themselves...

Binghamton itself is not 250,000, but add in Endicott, Johnson City, Endwell, etc you can quickly approach that number...
Originally Posted by jdunham
Originally Posted by firemanmark

I just took a poll at my house, Cuomo has an approval rating of 0%. Margin of error is 0 as well. grin

laugh So true!
For Elmira, add in Corning, Bath, Big Flats etc.... you can get pretty close to 88K...

Those were metro area's. Not the cities themselves...
The pop of "the triple cities" {Binghamton, Endicott, Johnson city} was about 150,000 last I knew.

The population of Buffalo has plummeted over the last decade. To the tune of over 2 million people having left...

Current pop. is 261,025

Western NY has had the highest rate of exodus in the country for at least 20 years
Originally Posted by rchery59

Current pop. is 261,025

Western NY has had the highest rate of exodus in the country for at least 20 years

Interesting, I wonder why? whistle
Originally Posted by Blackheart
The pop of "the triple cities" {Binghamton, Endicott, Johnson city} was about 150,000 last I knew.
That sounds about right. It's been 15 years since I've lived in the area. The metro area is more than just those three though...

maybe not enough to reach 250K, but I'd speculate that it's over 200K...

then again, that was over a decade ago...
To give you an idea of the difference in population density, our county, St. Lawrence, which is a huge county, takes two hours driving to cross it most any which way, has a total population of about 110,000. It would be a great place if it were part of Vermont instead of New York.
I know St. Lawrence and Jefferson Counties well. The Tug Hill Plateau is where my family comes from. smile

I miss it up there...
I know St. Lawrence and Jefferson Counties well. The Tug Hill Plateau is where my family comes from. smile

I miss it up there...

If it weren't for the lower RH corner of the state NY would be a wonderful place
Tug Hill brings back great memories of big brook trout and ruffed grouse. Spent some septembers there chasing them both.
© 24hourcampfire