Home
he was 13 years old. We were with him as he passed. I had cleaned his ears, and Terri had brushed his fur, and then he was gone! He will be missed, greatly! frown

Hey Terry, would you please do the "Rainbow Bridge" again?
So sorry for your loss. We know exactly how you feel.....
Sorry to hear mate. Always hurts to lose a furred member of the family.
Always sorry to hear this stuff....
My Lab Georgie and I grieve with you.
Tough coffee man, glad you had the 13 with him. Sorry for your loss.

Dober
Originally Posted by ingwe
Always sorry to hear this stuff....

...me too. I love dogs.
We share your sorrow.
I lost my 13 year old lab a few weeks back. I am so sorry that you lost a member of your family. I know what you are going through.
Please accept my condolences for your loss. It seems to me that it gets harder, the older we get.
I am so very sorry for the loss of a member of your family and best friend.

Lynn
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, My heart truly hurts for you.
So sorry, it's never easy.
Nothing like a good dog. Condolences.
Sorry to hear this Denny...my deepest condolences to you and you wife. frown
You can always buy another dog or pick one up from the pound.

Losing a family member like this is always hard. It is the real price for bringing a dog into your home, and loving him.
My condolences as well. My family had to put down our 16-year-old husky today as well. From my family to yours, our prayers.
Originally Posted by SU35

?? WTF?

Seriously? you could've (and should've) kept this post to yourself!
Sorry to hear your family lost Norman. I'm sure he had a very happy 13 years with you, and you with him. God bless you.
Great way to honor your dog with this post IMO. Sorry for your loss.
Sorry for your loss my friend, I see somebody beat me to the Rainbow Bridge, glad it was posted for you.

I been hit and miss on the board of late, too much venom and gloom & doom.

So, if he had lost a son or daughter, would you be tellin him congrats, you got all that college money to spend how you like now?

WTF, indeed. mad
I had our yellow lab Amber for 14 years..... Part of the reason I got a second date with my wife was that she figured that anyone with a dog as great as Amber was had to be a good guy.....

I am sorry for your loss.....
Originally Posted by mudhen
Please accept my condolences for your loss. It seems to me that it gets harder, the older we get.

yes! Your pup was well loved, and he loved you. celebrate the good times.

We lost our Brittany of 14 years not long ago. We still have our Jack Russell at 11 and know in the back of our mind that it's just a matter of time before they both are gone. We try to enjoy every day. Sorry for your loss.
RIP Norman!
Sorry man.
sorry to hear,its never easy
Rest well, Norman, on the other side of that bridge, waiting.

You had great two leggeds, and they loved you dearly.

Condolences

GTC
Sorry for your loss. Huggs to the family. Its always hard to lose a pet no matter how long you have had them.
the domestic dog is man's greatest achievement, man breed an animal that will love you no matter what. I truly feel sorrow for your loss.

I have heard people say that animals do not go to heaven but i have to disagree, I can't imagine heaven with out birds singing and dogs sleeping

On a lighter note, in dog heaven every hour a truck made of pressed meat drives down the golden streets for all the dogs to chase and catch.
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr

?? WTF?

+1000
Sorry for your loss.
I love dogs........great that you had him for so long & that you were holding him when he died.........that's all either of you could ask for.

My condolences & may he RIP.

Get another one, be happy with it, & love it as much as you did him.

MM
Losing a good dog is one of the toughest things a guy can go through. Very sorry to hear your buddy's gone and I hope you find it in you to get a puppy ASAP as that's really the only thing that will fill the whole in your heart..... frown
sorry for your loss pets are more than just pets they are family
Sincere condolences. Been there and it takes a while to adjust and sometimes there's just no adjusting.
Sorry for the loss of you fur friend. A friend sent me this poem when my favorite lead dog passed away.

There is one best place
to bury a dog.
" If you bury him in this spot, he will
come to you when you call -
come to you over the grim, dim frontier
of death, and down the well-remembered
path, and to your side again.
" And though you call a dozen living
dogs to heel, they shall not growl at
him, nor resent his coming,
for he belongs there.
" People may scoff at you, who see
no lightest blade of grass bent by his
footfall, who hear no whimper, people
who may never really have had a dog.
Smile at them, for you shall know
something that is hidden from them,
and which is well worth the knowing.
" The one best place to bury a good
dog is in the heart of his master."

By Ben Hur Lampman
from the Portland Oregonian Sept. 11, 1925
[AKA "If A Dog Be Well Remembered"]
[AKA "Where TO Bury A Dog"]

Stupid F@#k!
So sorry for you loss. We lost our Lab in '05 and still haven't gotten over it. We still have a german sheperd but there's still a hole in our hearts. You have our sympathy and best wishes. Hang in there. Life will go on. Not like it was but life will go on. So sorry.
Originally Posted by Whelenman
he was 13 years old. We were with him as he passed. I had cleaned his ears, and Terri had brushed his fur, and then he was gone! He will be missed, greatly! frown

Hey Terry, would you please do the "Rainbow Bridge" again?

Very sorry to hear about your loss..There is something about the bond shared with a dog that makes the end time that much harder to deal with..
Sorry to hear bout your dog. Had a good life with good people though. About all any of us could ask.
Sorry for your loss.
Whelenman,

You have our deepest sympathy. They become family members and friends of the best sort, and their passing really hurts.
I lost my lab Heidi at 14 last August- after 6 months, we have gotten a new pup, who will be special in her own way, but will never replace the memory of Heidi.
Very sorry for your loss. Bet he knew how good you made his life.

A close friend is about to lose his 12 YO Black Lab, & it's sad to know its coming very soon. We're all spoiling her as much as we can, while we can.
Sorry to hear of your pups passing.
Very sorry for the loss of a true friend!
Sorry for you loss. One can have solace and comfort remembering the good days. The good days outnumber the bad.
Condolences here.
Sorry for your loss! I can't read "Rainbow Bridge" without choking up. I've burried too many good dogs.
Well [bleep]...I hate to hear this. Sorry you lost Norman.
I am very sorry for your loss.
So very sorry to read this. Our deepest sympathy is extended to you and your family.
I've been there, and with 3 running around the house, I know the day is coming again. Really sorry for your loss, dogs are a gift.
Very sorry for your loss.
© 24hourcampfire