Home
Posted By: CherokeeMike Convert VHS to DVD - 03/11/13
I have a VHS tape containing home movies my family has taken over the years. I would like to transfer these movies to a DVD disc so I can watch them on a desktop or a laptop computer.

A Google search shows free online software programs available to accomplish this conversion provided you have a capture cable or device that connects a VHS player to a computer with DVD recording capability.

I know you can purchase software with the capture device included, but I hate to spend a lot of money for something I will only use once.

Has anyone tried this conversion? Any recommendations?

Posted By: Everyday Hunter Re: Convert VHS to DVD - 03/11/13
Bump. I'd like to know too.

Steve.
Posted By: 44henry Re: Convert VHS to DVD - 03/11/13
I recommend you just buy a VHS/DVD-R player. I bet you can get one cheap. I just gave one to Goodwill that was in great shape.

44henry
Posted By: CherokeeMike Re: Convert VHS to DVD - 03/12/13
Thanks for the suggestion. I just read on the internet that Walmart photo department will convert a two-hour VHS to DVD for around $20.00.

That's probably the cheapest and best way to go for what I want. The only downside is they estimate three weeks time from drop off to pick up.

Posted By: 1minute Re: Convert VHS to DVD - 03/12/13
Wife (Cookie) uses our VHS/DVD player.
Posted By: Ngrumba Re: Convert VHS to DVD - 03/12/13
Do you have a Kinko's near you? I took some VHS tapes to them and had 3 tapes put on one DVD for around $20
© 24hourcampfire