Home
Posted By: 6mm250 Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/17/13
I have always just uploaded pictures to photobucket , no titles , no albums. The pictures have always been in the ORDER that I uploaded them , until recently. Now if I upload pictures they are not at the top. They may be on page 26 , or page 41 , or who the hell knows where. I upload pictures & then it's an Easter egg hunt to find them.

Anybody know a way to fix this so that the pictures will be IN THE ORDER that I uploaded them ?

Mike
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/17/13
They had it before that you could go back to the old settings. I dont see anywhere to do that now. I'm not crazy about it either. I want the old photobucket back.
Posted By: nsaqam Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/17/13
I've resisted the new Photobucket as long as I could but it looks as if March 18th is the last day I'll have the option of using the old site.

No help on your question though Mike.
Photobucket purely sucks now ans I think it's EXACTLY what they want. I feel a charge coming on.
Looks like we should all switch over to Doug's photo hosting service at Cameraland.
I have an account there but have never used it because PB filled my needs.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/17/13
Screw photobucket!

Go to Flickr
Posted By: smokepole Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/17/13
Only in America can people get righteously indignant about the quality of a service they pay nothing for......
Posted By: 6mm250 Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/17/13
Smoke my pole smokepole

Mike
Originally Posted by nsaqam
I've resisted the new Photobucket as long as I could but it looks as if March 18th is the last day I'll have the option of using the old site.

I tried the new and didn't like it at all!! Went back to the old style and don't look forward to the 18th. I may be switching as well... frown
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/17/13
No.

I didn't think anything could get as screwed up as Photobucket without gov't being involved.
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Smoke my pole smokepole

Mike

You'd no doubt like that, wouldn't you. Why don't you contact photobucket, instead of whining on the internet to people who can't do anything to help you with your issues.
Just like the NFL or many other entities which rely on advertising to generate income we do in fact pay for that "free" service every time we buy a product advertising on that entity.
The advertising costs for the advertiser are passed along to the consumer through higher prices.
Oh, bullsh**.
Originally Posted by smokepole
Smoke my pole smokepole

Mike

You'd no doubt like that, wouldn't you. Why don't you contact photobucket, instead of whining on the internet to people who can't do anything to help you with your issues.

Unless you got a solution why don't you STFU bish

Mike
Why don't you make me, dickhead.
Oh, bullsh**.

So you're saying that what I wrote is NOT the case?
No, I'm saying it's bullsh**.
Meaning what exactly?
Posted By: Tracks Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/17/13
How the hell do five years olds accumulate that many posts? grin
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/17/13
I have always just uploaded pictures to photobucket , no titles , no albums. The pictures have always been in the ORDER that I uploaded them , until recently. Now if I upload pictures they are not at the top. They may be on page 26 , or page 41 , or who the hell knows where. I upload pictures & then it's an Easter egg hunt to find them.

Anybody know a way to fix this so that the pictures will be IN THE ORDER that I uploaded them ?

Mike

It took me about 5 seconds to figure out that they are stored in order of when they are downloaded on the computer.

Say for instance you take pics on Christmas, regardless of when you upload them(today, Christmas Day, next month..) to PB all Christmas pics will be stored together.

Take a pic right now and save it to your computer. Then upload it to PB. It will be saved as the most recent pic in your library.

Now go find a pic from a month ago(that is already stored on your computer) and upload it. It will be stored on PB with any other pics from that same album.

Get it?
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Take a pic right now and save it to your computer. Then upload it to PB. It will be saved as the most recent pic in your library.

No it won't. I took 6 pics "right now" , saved them to my computer , uploaded to Photo Bucket. Two of the pictures ended up in the middle of page 32 of my pictures on Photo Bucket and the other 4 pictures were in the middle of page 33.

Mike
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/17/13
Well, that is odd.

My PB account stores pics in order of when they were taken/stored on my computer.

I also do not have individual pages on my account(new version). Just have to scroll down to get through the library.

Your's is obviously setup differently.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/17/13
I've recently received a couple of emails from Photobucket concerning their new format, one on which was a survey requesting user input/suggestions on their new changes.

I would assume other Photobucket users have received this same email survey as well.

I know I don't use Photobucket nearly as much as I used to.

An odd problem I've been having for some time now is whenever I post multiple photo's stored in my Photobucket album to a post at 24HourCampfire, the photo's show up in my post lined up horizontally rather than stacked vertically like other members photo's do.

I can't figure out whether this is a problem with my own PC settings, settings at Photobucket, or the Campfire settings.

I can post YouTube video's one after another and they always stack up vertically as they should but for some reason my own photo's do not.
Posted By: aalf Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/17/13
I gave up on photobucket a couple of years ago and switched to imageshack.....
Posted By: Glock2240 Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/17/13
Setup albums, download pictures to PB then put in album. You know what your looking for so you can go to that album and there they are. I didn't like it when they changed to the new format either, but once everything was put into albums its fine.
Tim
Posted By: CCCC Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/17/13
Originally Posted by Glock2240
Setup albums, download pictures to PB then put in album. You know what your looking for so you can go to that album and there they are. I didn't like it when they changed to the new format either, but once everything was put into albums its fine.
Tim
Good and helpful post - you beat me to the suggestion. This is what I had to do with the "new" PB setup in order to track my stuff - seems to work fine. Just takes a bit of getting oriented - and more time. Try it - good luck.
Posted By: XPLRN Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/17/13
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by Glock2240
Tim
Good and helpful post - you beat me to the suggestion. This is what I had to do with the "new" PB setup in order to track my stuff - seems to work fine. Just takes a bit of getting oriented - and more time. Try it - good luck.

I've got the PB premier account that you do pay an annual fee for. The recent PB layout change did NOT make me very happy but have learned, as mentioned above, to navigate the new configuration. When you set up your PB account with albums and sub-albums you have a lot better organization and ability to find the stored pictures you want.
Posted By: shreck Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/17/13

Dang that sucks. I changed it but got it back, if I understand it it changes for everyone. Perhaps I too will move my stuff.
Posted By: rosco1 Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/17/13
Never had a problem with the new format..didnt like it at first but it works fine if you spend 5 min learning how to use it..folks like to bitch tho i guess
Posted By: Huntz Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/17/13
I have a Premier account and find out that there is no more slide show.I do not mind paying and as soon as I find a site that is user friendly,I am bailing!!!
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/18/13
Emailing PB customer support ,they told me the contract for the old version ran out with no renewal so only the new version is accesible now.

Here is the link to hier customer suppot.

http://support.photobucket.com/home
Posted By: smokepole Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/18/13
Meaning what exactly?

Meaning that when you buy a product, you're paying for the costs (including advertising) of producing, marketing, and distributing that product.

If you don't buy a product, you're not paying for any of those costs, including advertising. If you don't buy a product, but you use Photobucket, you're not paying for Photobucket.

Posted By: Gohip2000 Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/18/13
Only in America can people get righteously indignant about the quality of a service they pay nothing for......
Ha true, but I think people are just wondering why photobucket wasted time and effort to make it less user friendly.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/18/13
Just tried the new configuration.

Clicked on the "Library" tab up top, there appeared a familiar list of albums. Opened one at random to test, opened a single image from it at random to test. There it was, with URL to cut and paste.

[Linked Image]

Seems to work fine.

Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by gohip
Ha true, but I think people are just wondering why photobucket wasted time and effort to make it less user friendly.

Yes, I also wonder why they did that. I don't feel entitled to rage/rant about it though. I'll either figure it out or move on to another free service.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/18/13
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Clicked on the "Library" tab up top, there appeared a familiar list of albums. Opened one at random to test, opened a single image from it at random to test. There it was, with URL to cut and paste.

[Linked Image]

Seems to work fine.

Birdwatcher

If you have more than 50 pictures stored, it isn't so easy. It can take several hours to open your library to view or copy any of those pictures. Since the new format, I haven't gotten more than halfway through the library, and while the pictures are trying to download in your computer, it slows your whole computer down. It still sucks, free or not...
Originally Posted by shrapnel
It can take several hours to open your library to view or copy any of those pictures. Since the new format, I haven't gotten more than halfway through the library, and while the pictures are trying to download in your computer, it slows your whole computer down. It still sucks, free or not...

I agree with the above. If you're like me though, you've uploaded a few hundred photos that you haven't touched in years. I'm not sure it's their responsibility to provide unlimited storage to everyone who wants it, but the marketplace will dictate, as it should.

In other words, if/when people get fed up with it, they can vote with their feet. Or just stay there, put up with it, and rant/rage.
Posted By: Seminole39 Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/18/13
I believe the new changes to Photobucket were brought about to enhance the imbedded penis detection software the company uses

while it may slow down the service and causes some "issues" it will protect the world when miles mass uploads the Campfire Hog Hunt afterparty pics
Posted By: slumlord Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/18/13
Originally Posted by Seminole39
I believe the new changes to Photobucket were brought about to enhance the imbedded penis detection software the company uses

while it may slow down the service and causes some "issues" it will protect the world when miles mass uploads the Campfire Hog Hunt afterparty pics
actually, I was simply hoping for a generic "i hate retards"

but that'll work
If the album is huge (like one of mine is) then it's impossible to get to the middle of the album, the computer will lock up or photobucket will reset. You can set the settings to read oldest to newest or newest to oldest, so you can get to your oldest or newest, but those ones in the middle of the album... forget about it, unless you have all day to try, and retry, and try again....

The new photobucket sucks bad.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/18/13
Wife hasn't mentioned any problems at all. They are all there and in order from what I hear.

She said yep a few changes but nothing big and easy enough to figure out and keep on rolling.

Posted By: rost495 Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/18/13
Oops shoudl have said we pay for upgraded service.. that may be the difference.
Bingo, we have a winner......
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/18/13
I have multiple albums set up. I lable them by date, such as "2012 Second Half". That way, none of them have more than a couple of hundred pictures. Finding a particular picture is fairly quick.
I actually like some of the features of the new version better. One, is a simple mouse click copies the picture for pasting elsewhere. The old version, I had to highlight the link and click copy.
I have had some frustration with the new version, when it locks up, or just stops functioning though. That mostly seems to happen when uploading.
I just got this response from photobucket.

Thank you for your feedback.
We're happy to announce that, due to your suggestions, we will be eliminating infinite scroll and re-introducing page views. This feature is already available for a portion of our users. As we gather feedback on its functionality, we'll gradually roll out this function to more and more people, eventually releasing it to all users.
Again, thank you for your ideas and suggestions! Please visit our help article on Feature Updates to keep up to date on any additional changes!

This is really my only problem with the new photobucket.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/19/13

[Linked Image]

Seems to work fine.

Birdwatcher

If you have more than 50 pictures stored, it isn't so easy. It can take several hours to open your library to view or copy any of those pictures. Since the new format, I haven't gotten more than halfway through the library, and while the pictures are trying to download in your computer, it slows your whole computer down. It still sucks, free or not...

Not any longer, there are pages on the bottom and you can go through it page by page, just as before.
Posted By: reelman Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/19/13
An honest question:

Why do we need to use Photo Bucket to post pictures on here? This is the only site I frequent that requires a 3rd party web site to be used to post pictures. All the other ones just let you browse your files and click on the one you want to post. I know this would make things MUCH easier than it is now. I don't post many pictures on here because it's a PITA.
Posted By: old_willys Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/19/13
With the iPhone photobucket app is easier to use than the new web version.
Originally Posted by reelman
An honest question:

Why do we need to use Photo Bucket to post pictures on here? This is the only site I frequent that requires a 3rd party web site to be used to post pictures. All the other ones just let you browse your files and click on the one you want to post. I know this would make things MUCH easier than it is now. I don't post many pictures on here because it's a PITA.

You can do that on the 'Fire also, but there is a size limit. Click File Manager and go from there.
So I get the email telling me "good news, you helped us with your suggestion to go back to page views rather than infinite scroll... blahh, blah, so on so forth..."

But I guess I'm not included in the group of photobucket members that have been blessed with the new page view, because mine is still infinite scroll..... ho-hum.

crazy
I have the page view. Did you clear out cookies and log on again?
I'll give r a shot....
Nope, no page view for me....

Mayhaps I could have done without the F-bomb when articulating my expressive verbiage for my thoughts on the new format?

Naw, it's probably something else.....
Posted By: pal Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/19/13
Photobucket really screwed up.

They no longer have the drop-down menu appear when you place the cursor over the image. Now you have to locate (and identify, amidst numerous other tiny icons) the correct icon and open a menu! Just to get a link to post the image!

What kind of ineptitude does that take?
Originally Posted by pal
Photobucket really screwed up.

They no longer have the drop-down menu appear when you place the cursor over the image. Now you have to locate (and identify, amidst numerous other tiny icons) the correct icon and open a menu! Just to get a link to post the image!

What kind of ineptitude does that take?

I can honestly say I have no idea what you are talking about.

Click a picture to full size it. On the right click link options. Click Img code/direct or whatever makes you happy and click the block next to Turn on Easy Linking mode.

This [bleep] ain't difficult folks.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/19/13
Inclined to agree.

I would have to be dead to be more technologically challenged and I figured out the new PB without too much trouble...
I opened the new, said WTF and then started clicking [bleep] till I got it all figured out. You ain't gonna break it.
Posted By: JPro Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/19/13
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Nope, no page view for me....

Mayhaps I could have done without the F-bomb when articulating my expressive verbiage for my thoughts on the new format?

Naw, it's probably something else.....

No page view here either. I've only got about 600 images in there, but it would be a bear to try to get to an image in the middle of the "library". It took me maybe few minutes to find a given image previously, jumping around from page to page. It froze up on me several times in the 5 minutes I tinkered with it earlier. Not changed for the better, that's my opinion at this moment.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
...I can honestly say I have no idea what you are talking about.

Then quit acting like you have all the answers.

Previously, posting an image from Photobucket required ONE click on the IMG code.

Now you have to:

a) click on the image to enlarge it
b) locate and click on the icon for "share to other services"
c) click on the image link.

If you still have no idea what I'm talking about...

No you don't [bleep]. Follow the directions I stated above and IMG code is ALWAYS there for ALL pictures.

There is an IMG code for ALL of my pics without enlarging each one. You only need to enlarge one ONCE and then you can change the link options.

Sweet Jesus, where do all the dumpphucks come from.
Here, a tutorial for the aforementioned PB dumbphucks.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...re_for_the_Photobucket_Dumbp#Post7563844
Posted By: eh76 Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/19/13
Why are yuose guys having issues with it? I've been using the new format from the get go..change is good!
[quote=Steelhead]Here, a tutorial for the aforementioned PB dumbphucks.

Nasty little [bleep], aren't you?
Posted By: bowandgun Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/19/13
I'm one of those dumbphucks, can't use photobucket with out my wifes help! Site must be designed by a woman to keep track of what thier husbands are selling!!!!
Posted By: bea175 Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/19/13
I like the new version just as well as the old one . It isn't that hard to use.
Posted By: snubbie Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/19/13
I don't understand the problem. Maybe I don't have too many pictures, dunno. Just load your photos into different albums. You can create an album and move pictures around and into different albums. IMG code is to the right of any picture you choose. Maybe I just don't understand the problem.
Posted By: rosco1 Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/20/13

[Linked Image]

Seems to work fine.

Birdwatcher

Then make more than one album so you aint loading every picture .sounds like they are taking care of it with the page view..but really, how hard would it be to creat a few albums, this chit aint hard!
Posted By: PhotoSupport Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/21/13
Hello Everyone,

This is Derek from Photobucket. This thread popped up in my google alerts so I thought I would jump in to make sure that you guys had the most up-to-date info. I must say, some people in this forum are pretty funny! I was entertained. smile

Our support team put together an article to help people settle in on the new site:
http://photobucket.zendesk.com/entries/21486545-Getting-to-know-the-New-Photobucket

We spent a lot of time in forums like this one over the last few months and used the feedback we were hearing to make improvements to the new site. If anyone would like to contact me directly with any comments/concerns/feedback, you can send me a direct message on our Facebook page:
www.facebook.com/photobucket

If you need support you can open a support request here:
http://support.photobucket.com

Thanks!
-Derek
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/21/13
Ah, great. Not enough that big brother is watching our every move, now Photobucket is also!!!! grin
Originally Posted by gunchamp
I want the old photobucket back.
Me too.
Posted By: pal Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/21/13
Originally Posted by PhotoSupport
Hello Everyone,

This is Derek from Photobucket. This thread popped up in my google alerts so I thought I would jump in to make sure that you guys had the most up-to-date info. I must say, some people in this forum are pretty funny! I was entertained. smile

Our support team put together an article to help people settle in on the new site:
http://photobucket.zendesk.com/entries/21486545-Getting-to-know-the-New-Photobucket

We spent a lot of time in forums like this one over the last few months and used the feedback we were hearing to make improvements to the new site. If anyone would like to contact me directly with any comments/concerns/feedback, you can send me a direct message on our Facebook page:
www.facebook.com/photobucket

If you need support you can open a support request here:
http://support.photobucket.com

Thanks!
-Derek

Derek--Thanks for posting and for trying to help.

But you guys really screwed up by making an easy to use system much more difficult and time consuming, vastly less user friendly.

With your "easy link" feature enabled I get a page half filled with useless and inoperable links. And it is now necessary for me to go through several steps to capture the link where there was once only ONE step.

SHAME ON YOU!

And your contact info requires facebook membership.
Posted By: isaac Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/21/13
Cancel your subscription so they won't get another dime from you, pal.

Posted By: RDFinn Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/21/13
Originally Posted by eh76
Why are yuose guys having issues with it? I've been using the new format from the get go..change is good!

Yeah, those changes were so drastic that they caused me to have violent diarrhea and vertigo for weeks.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/21/13
Originally Posted by pal
[quote=Steelhead]Here, a tutorial for the aforementioned PB dumbphucks.

Nasty little [bleep], aren't you?

I guess not being a dumbphuck could be misconstrued as being a nasty [bleep] from the dumb. Ain't the first time.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/21/13
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Ah, great. Not enough that big brother is watching our every move, now Photobucket is also!!!! grin

if'n you put it out on the net, Google WILL gather it in. All you have to do is 'google', and find most everything. laugh
Posted By: ironbender Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/22/13
Two things PB should do that would make use a lot easier:

1) have a "show all" option on albums to avoid having to click through pages and pages with only 24 pics per page.

2) Have the series of image links show when hovering one's cursor over a pic, again to save time and clicks.

Then again, maybe I'm a dumfuk that hasn't found those settings. crazy
Posted By: WranglerJohn Re: Photobucket Rage/Rant - 03/22/13
So, I just went to Photobucket to see what all the hubbub was about. I typed in my user name and password and in a second or two found myself at my account page, clicked on the Library button then View Library and there were all my photos just as at the old site, in the same order, arranged by pages. Including this photo I copied just to be sure Photobucket still worked:

[Linked Image]

Meet Earl William (Madman) Muntz, used car salesman and inventor of the Muntz TV. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madman_Muntz

Why do I bring this up? Well, I just drank a Diet Coke and the gas pressure had to go somewhere, so I belched, which caused a chunk of half digested ham sandwich to blow up into my sinus cavity, which started a sneezing fit. I sneezed so hard that I nearly lost bladder control necessitating a run to the crapper. I was still sneezing, which caused me to miss the toilet and hit the wall behind in mid stream. That meant I had to search out the Dow Bathroom Cleaner and some paper towels. I looked for ten minutes until I realized that Dow Bathroom Cleaner was now called Scrubbing Bubbles and had been sold to by S.C. Johnson. Bastards are always selling product lines or whole companies and screwing everything up. I guess I should've known because Dow sold out in 1997. Finally got the tinkle off the fancy wall covering, and was able to squirt some antihistamine up my nose which quelled the sneezing fit.

So, now I can say without a doubt that The 'fire has the stupidest morons for posters in all of Christendom. If they can't work Photobucket, what the heck are they doing owning firearms? I'd suggest that they sell off the guns and take up fishing, but they'd probably put an eye out learning to cast. There's nothing like watching one of your eyeballs sailing away on skewered on a fishhook to ruin your day, unless it's an eyeball belonging to someone else. So quit complaining.
© 24hourcampfire