Home
I had a burger tonight, and I swear they had some kind of bread and butter-sweet pickle on it.
It's un-American.
Might as well smear grape jelly on the bun...
Agreed! once in a while hey bring in these nice meat/cheese platters at work,with nice home made type buns, and SWEET PHUGGIN PICKLES! I keep meaning to bring mt own proper,real pickles but always forget.
And I can never remember to tell them to leave them off.
Sweet pickles, especially bread and butter pickles, are great, just not on burgers. And mustard pickles, hmm...long time since I've had those, again not a burger pickle, but wow!
Pickles in general, read those of any type, are the sandwich condiments of a Nance.

Ketchup, mustard, mayo, lettuce, tomato. They are the Aryan condiments. grin
Whataburger Patty Melt
Dark bread with sweet pickles and butter�
Sweet pickles are skookum..

And Grape Jelly belongs on a meatloaf sandwich! ( Seriously....)

grin
COMMUNISM!!!! Give me a DILL pickles everytime!!!
Originally Posted by ingwe
Sweet pickles are skookum..

And Grape Jelly belongs on a meatloaf sandwich! ( Seriously....)

grin

Yuck!
they switched em last year

funny, I have been griping about this since day one, and my pops noticed it too, yuk!

they PHUGGIN SUCK BALLS and I have told every store I have eatin at since, I have even told the district manager of 32 stores in my area (I know this person from another life)

I mostly get shrugs of confusion from the mouth-breathers that work there, like they never knew there was any difference.

I will not eat their hamburgers any more, I go to burger king now. However I do still go to wendys couple times a week to get a grill chicken sandwich and I usually remind them that their pickles suck ass

they also started toasting their buns (which they've been doing for a while years actually) but they have switched to some bullsh!t toasting oil that makes the buns taste 'fishy' to me.

and I don't like their GD red onions either they have switch too
Originally Posted by tommyv

Bread-n-Butter pickles are as American as apple pie. Dills came from the Dutch and Germans.

Bread and butters were a staple during the great depression in the US. Sandwiches were made of simply bread, butter, and that type of sweet pickle.

I like them all. Sweets are good with cold roast beef; beard and butter will work with most things, although not my favorite; dills are my favorite with burgers and sandwiches. laugh
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by tommyv

Bread-n-Butter pickles are as American as apple pie. Dills came from the Dutch and Germans.

Bread and butters were a staple during the great depression in the US. Sandwiches were made of simply bread, butter, and that type of sweet pickle.

I like them all. Sweets are good with cold roast beef; beard and butter will work with most things, although not my favorite; dills are my favorite with burgers and sandwiches. laugh
yea, well, I'm sure they are better than starving. frown
I haven't noticed the change in pickles at Wendy's because I quit eating there because the mayo they have on their bacon cheese burger has the same consistency of the spackling compound you would buy at a home improvement store. I bet the spackling compound even tastes better.
© 24hourcampfire