Home
Good friend and customer attempted to purchase some 308 ammo on GB. He sent bank check, email communication from seller was that check's deposited, needs a few days to clear, ok w that.
Since then the guy has vanished, user name changed, etc.

The info he has is-

The user name was Itemnine when I made the purchase. It is now bobo84. The name of the perp is Rovell Rangel, 107 Hackamore Ln, Victoria, TX 77904-3228. Phone # 361 571 9000

Any advice? I have made a bunch of 'net buys, never been stung.
Thanks all.
I swear I've heard that name before associated with a bad GB buy. Contact GB and see if it's not the first time. After that, there is a possibility of federal charges since it was transacted through the mail.
Feds won't do anything about mail fraud cases involving less than about $250K.

There's a GB guy out there who ripped me off for the price of an SKS, if makes you feel any better. GB was totally useless in resolving the situation, and their so-called "insurance" turned out to be "unsurance".

I suppose you could file a complaint with his local police.

Originally Posted by denton
Feds won't do anything about mail fraud cases involving less than about $250K.

Unless it's multiple cases. Maybe.
Call the Victoria TX police or sheriffs office and see what they need to do something for you.
I would also contact your local Attorney General office. They have a staff dedicated to consumer complaints. I used them 1x (firearm related) and was very happy with the outcome. Good luck.
Originally Posted by Seuss
Good friend and customer attempted to purchase some 308 ammo on GB. He sent bank check, email communication from seller was that check's deposited, needs a few days to clear, ok w that.
Since then the guy has vanished, user name changed, etc.

The info he has is-

The user name was Itemnine when I made the purchase. It is now bobo84. The name of the perp is Rovell Rangel, 107 Hackamore Ln, Victoria, TX 77904-3228. Phone # 361 571 9000

Any advice? I have made a bunch of 'net buys, never been stung.
Thanks all.
Call that city's LEO department, send all above info to the cops in his city.. I bet they make a brief stop at his house.. It IS TX after all.. smile

I've only been had once on GB - but my insurance company handled it as a 'loss by theft'..

Best wishes - and let us know what happens..
You could hire ask a couple of the Texas thugs guys to pay him a visit and "talk" to him on your behalf. whistle
Don't know if it will help have never had to use it, but there's alway's a first time!

Phil

Gun Broker Fraud Protection - Buyer's Protection

Link

Under the GunBroker.com Buyer's Protection Program buyers of items purchased through GunBroker.com are covered for amounts up to $500 with a $100 deductible against fraud. For example, if the winning bid price is $500, you are eligible to receive $400 in the unlikely event of fraud. Every GunBroker.com buyer is automatically covered at no charge under the terms of this program. The coverage is effective for any item listed on or after September 15, 2001.
While fraud is virtually non-existent at GunBroker.com, our Buyer's Protection Program gives you as the bidder the peace of mind to bid and buy with confidence. Our Buyer's Protection covers two specific forms of fraud:

1.You pay for an item and never receive it, or
2.The item you receive is materially different that its description, such as winning a stainless steel pistol and receiving a blued one instead.
To be eligible for Buyer's Protection coverage you must be the winning bidder of an item as defined by our User Agreement. 'Side Deals' in which you were not the winning bidder, items bought or sold through the 'Want Ads', and any other transaction in which you were not the winning bidder of an auction here are not eligible for Buyer's Protection. Damage sustained in shipment is not covered by the Buyer's Protection; it is the seller's responsibility to insure the item against damage in shipping.

If you are having a problem with a seller and believe that you have been defrauded, please do the following:

1.Try to contact the seller directly via email, telephone, or snail mail. Many problems are either misunderstandings or difficulty in communications. You can use Resolving Problems with the Seller located in For Buyers to request the seller's contact information and call or email him.
2.We strongly recommend that buyers and sellers work together in an attempt to resolve their dispute.
3.Review the Fraud Claim Process to understand the claim process and to determine if the item is eligible for Buyer's Protection.
4.If you have been unable to work the matter out with the seller and 30 days have passed since the ending date of the auction, you can file a Fraud Report. To allow the seller sufficient time for communication between yourself and the seller you must wait a minimum of 30 days from the date the auction ends to file the Fraud Report. The Fraud Report must be filed within 60 days of the end of the auction; claims made after 60 days will be denied by the insurance company.

I filed a claim with the gunbroker fraud in the past, and they acted quickly. I would think that would be step one before contacting the cops.
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I filed a claim with the gunbroker fraud in the past, and they acted quickly. I would think that would be step one before contacting the cops.

Facebook

[Linked Image]

alternate email

[email protected]

his google+ account profile -" I'm the "badass" your parents always warned you about!"

Rovell S Rangel was born in 1986. Rovell currently lives in Victoria, Texas. Before that, Rovell lived in Victoria, TX in 2009. Before that, Rovell lived in Victoria, TX from 2004 to 2005.

Rovell S Rangel is related to Arnold Rangel, who is 65 years old and lives in Victoria, TX. Rovell S Rangel is also related to Romanda Rangel, who is 60 years old and lives in San Antonio, TX. Rovell S Rangel is also related to Nathan Rangel, who is 36 years old and lives in Victoria, TX.
I think the next phrase will read: Funeral arrangements will be made by...

pricks like that need to eat some dirt!
Appreciate all feedback gents.
Originally Posted by KFWA

Facebook

[Linked Image]

alternate email

[email protected]

his google+ account profile -" I'm the "badass" your parents always warned you about!"

Rovell S Rangel was born in 1986. Rovell currently lives in Victoria, Texas. Before that, Rovell lived in Victoria, TX in 2009. Before that, Rovell lived in Victoria, TX from 2004 to 2005.

Rovell S Rangel is related to Arnold Rangel, who is 65 years old and lives in Victoria, TX. Rovell S Rangel is also related to Romanda Rangel, who is 60 years old and lives in San Antonio, TX. Rovell S Rangel is also related to Nathan Rangel, who is 36 years old and lives in Victoria, TX.
bwaahahha Sweet! I guess GunBroker frauds should think twice before ripping off a Campfire Member.
Strength in numbers!! kwg
Wonder if he's related to the Nightforce scope ripoff dude. Looks like he could be.
i think i'll send him a message through FB and let him know Victoria is only an hr drive.
Try to locate him and then file fraud charges against him. You should get someone who lives near by to check out his address.
Where's Bricktop when you need him? I can't wait to see where this goes.

Hopefully this ends the same as it did for the dumb azz who attempted to pull off the Nightforce scam.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by KFWA

Facebook

[Linked Image]

alternate email

[email protected]

bwaahahha Sweet! I guess GunBroker frauds should think twice before ripping off a Campfire Member.

Looks like he's already shut down his Facebook account so he must know that someone is on to him now.
This appears to be him as well

http://www.mylife.com/c-13011481135

tom
someone ripped me off on a different site, non- shooting/hunting realted, where "trust" and ones word was valued (much like here).

No paypal, non binding contact, etc. No recourse at all.

I went the route you and the 24hcf guys are starting to go on this thread. I contacted parents, siblings, and called the church that his mother belonged to.

I was in the process of looking for his employer when the merchandise (along with a ridiculous story) suddenly appeared.

POINT BEING if the authorities do not take up the case, you can be very creative within the boundaries of the law.

Ask the BATAFE for help. That should get his attention.
I haven't dealt with this exact situation but one where someone thought bc it was on the internet they were anonymous and could make threats about bodily harm, physical violence, etc. I ended up doing an DNS look up and was able to figure out where he lived and more importantly where he worked and that he made some of the threats from his work pc. When that was mentioned and that we would be sending a letter to his employer along with copies of the threats all of a sudden he disappeared.

Now in your case, since you've found where he lives via FB, google+ I suggest you let him know and that you will be contacting his friends, family, employer (if you can find one) as a starting point. It's been my experience from reading many of these types of stories over the years that most law enforcement agencies don't care or don't have the time to put into something like this which is very unfortunate as it only promotes this behavior.
ROVELL RANGEL FROM VICTORIA TEXAS IS A THIEF.

This should look good on future google searches laugh

Rovell Rangel? You gotta be kidding me? Please tell me that somebody didn't really try to buy something from someone named Rovell Rangel! Danger, Will Robertson, danger! That's like trying to cash a check from John Doe, 123 Main Street, Anytown, USA.

Sounds like my friend who constantly gets taken by scam artists. He just called me asking for advice about a consignment gun sale deal he made. Didn't have a signed contract, written documentation of the agreed sale price, terms of the sale, or anything else. Now he hasn't received the full price. What to do, what to do?

We have a gal that works for us that might have some info. I"ll print up the data and go by her office....and let you know.
Originally Posted by slg888

time to run some ads in the local paper/s...nice and big letters....
pm sent
Tag-I like to come back and read how these turn out.
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Originally Posted by slg888

time to run some ads in the local paper/s...nice and big letters....

Don't believe he was even born in this country.
I was doing a little more research on my recent loss of 486 dollars and happened to come across this forum during a Google search so I figured it would be a good idea to join so that I could explain my situation.
The jackass known as Itemnine was the username, the name and address from gunbroker are the same as previously stated in other posts.
I was ripped off about 4 weeks ago for 500 rounds of 308 ammunition and I have come to find out that it's a case of stolen identity.
rovell rangell no longer resides at that address, email address associated with gunbroker was fake and so are the Google accounts and facebook accounts which are now down.
I paid for an online background check and found the hotmail address listed in a previous post and also the phone number which turned out to be the correct contact information.
After searching for nearly 4 weeks we have found out that the perp in question is Glenn Crisp also of Victoria.
Seems as though he has resided at that exact same address before and could quite ppossibly be returning to go through the mail to find gunbroker payments that he has arranged for(felony offense).
I've bookmarked this page so that I may return with any new info I gather.
I have notified the authorities in Victoria and when I last spoke to them on Friday they were still trying to contact Glenn crisp for questioning.

interesting - makes for a bad day for Rovell Rangel, assuming Rovell Rangel isn't trying to throw people off the trail by throwing Glenn Crisp under the bus.

There is a Glenn Crisp that lives on Hackamore Ln in Victoria
Who have y'all been making the checks out to?
any updates on this, i was scammed on another auction site by same guy. trying to decide best way to pursue.
Someone should tell bluedrueax that this guy said m&ps suck and blue heelers are sissy dogs. I bet Blue would go visit him
Actually the Rovell Rangle Face Book page is still up. I looked at my messaging history and I sent him a message April 9th about a thread very similar to this one. He did not reply.
I was refunded on Monday of this week via cashiers check... strange, but I can't complain now that I got my money back.
© 24hourcampfire