Home
Posted By: gonehuntin Swedish Torpedo Boat.... - 04/28/13
"This video is of two Swedish (WW2 era) Torpedo Boats riding waves around Sweden. The sound of the Three diesel engines giving 5000HP is absolutely perfect!"

Don't show that video to the EPA. They'll have it towing a trailer with a DEF bulk tank for that exhaust.
That 1 run probably used enough diesel to power my Dodge pickup for the rest of it's life. It's a kick to watch, though. I like big powerful machines.
Posted By: safariman Re: Swedish Torpedo Boat.... - 04/28/13
That WAS fun to watch. Thanks
Very cool!

Thanks for sharing that!

Ed
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Swedish Torpedo Boat.... - 04/28/13
Thanks for posting--- I wanna ride--
Posted By: krupp Re: Swedish Torpedo Boat.... - 04/28/13
Not only do the Swedes make good guns, good axes and good vehicles their naval vessels stand out among the rest.

Love those Spica boats....
Posted By: Pete E Re: Swedish Torpedo Boat.... - 04/28/13
Very impressive to watch..The Germans had E Boats, which look a bit larger, but still could get up to around 50knots in calm seas..They were very impressive and had a very distingusted service record in the North Sea and the English Channel in WW2..
Posted By: g5m Re: Swedish Torpedo Boat.... - 04/28/13
Thanks!

One of my CO's had served on PT boats in the Pacific. One story he told me was about his being in charge of damage control. I asked him how he did that and he said "They gave me a hammer and some corks"!
That looks like fun smile
Posted By: gmsemel Re: Swedish Torpedo Boat.... - 04/28/13
One of the least know chapters of World War II was the little boat war that when on in the Channel and the baltic coast and the North Sea. Those guys had a lot of guts and courage.
Posted By: jpb Re: Swedish Torpedo Boat.... - 04/28/13
Originally Posted by krupp
Not only do the Swedes make good guns, good axes and good vehicles their naval vessels stand out among the rest.

The women too! Don't forget our Swedish women! wink

[Linked Image]

John
Umm... the war had been over for over ten years when the T56 was built.
Posted By: jbmi Re: Swedish Torpedo Boat.... - 04/28/13
Not bad for a plywood boat !
© 24hourcampfire