Home
Is that a Capibera (sp)? They are big rats from
S. America.

Originally Posted by Zrack656
S. America.

Yes, a capybara. Their skeletons are nearly indistinguishable, apart from overall scale, from those of guinea pigs. Same with their internal organs, diets, behavior, etc.. They are very close cousins.

Shame we don't have those here in the states. It'd be fun hunting them. Great, bit giant muskrats.
GREAT eating, them.

BTDT, .....Bolivia.

MMMmmmmm.

GTC
Posted By: rattler Re: World's Largest Guinea Pig - 05/13/13
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Zrack656
S. America.

Yes, a capybara. Their skeletons are nearly indistinguishable, apart from overall scale, from those of guinea pigs. Same with their internal organs, diets, behavior, etc.. They are very close cousins.

your definition of indistinguishable and mine are quite different.....their skeletons are quite different other than both being cavy type rodents due to their very different lifestyles.....you can tell they are related but the skulls, hips ect are quite different
Posted By: Plinker Re: World's Largest Guinea Pig - 05/13/13
You're all wrong. It's an ROUS.

Posted By: Tanner Re: World's Largest Guinea Pig - 05/13/13
Does it fetch? Or flush? Or chase cats?
Posted By: ChasR Re: World's Largest Guinea Pig - 05/13/13
LOL!! ROUS from the Princess Bride - a great movie. A guy flick disguised as a chick flick!!!
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Shame we don't have those here in the states. It'd be fun hunting them. Great, bit giant muskrats.

Ever heard of nutria? Not as big, but big enough to keep you busy..........
Posted By: rattler Re: World's Largest Guinea Pig - 05/13/13
Originally Posted by CRounds
LOL!! ROUS from the Princess Bride - a great movie. A guy flick disguised as a chick flick!!!

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Plinker

Inconcievable!
Posted By: Pete E Re: World's Largest Guinea Pig - 05/13/13
These were introduced to the UK some time ago into an area of waterways and canals known as the Norfolk Broads..

Having no natural predators, the population quickly got out of control and started causing lots of damage to canal banks ect.

Eventually the Government instigated an radicalization program, and they were supposedly wiped out, although there are rumors from time to time of supposed sightings...
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Plinker Re: World's Largest Guinea Pig - 05/13/13
Originally Posted by calikooknic
Originally Posted by Plinker

Inconcievable!

[Linked Image]
[bleep] I've been nipped by Ginny pigs before. One of those would take a hand off!
Posted By: Steve Re: World's Largest Guinea Pig - 05/13/13
Originally Posted by Pete E
These were introduced to the UK some time ago into an area of waterways and canals known as the Norfolk Broads..

Pete,

Capybaras or nutria? If nutria I'd love to know how you guys did it. Hell I'd like to know how you did it with either.
We should introduce them in Florida and Texas to control the GIANT african snails!
Then, we'll need GIANT Dogs and cats.. pumas...saber tooths..
Originally Posted by rattler
your definition of indistinguishable and mine are quite different.....their skeletons are quite different other than both being cavy type rodents due to their very different lifestyles.....you can tell they are related but the skulls, hips ect are quite different
I should have specified that they are nearly indistinguishable to a non-expert in zoology or a related field. To an expert, few species-pairs of skeletons are even nearly indistinguishable.
Originally Posted by ColsPaul
We should introduce them in Florida and Texas to control the GIANT african snails!
Then, we'll need GIANT Dogs and cats.. pumas...saber tooths..

At this point, one thing's sure certain,

This post was put up by the World's Largest Azzwhole
© 24hourcampfire