Home
Posted By: NMSSHOOTER Reloading room setup - 06/08/13
I starting a new house soon and will have to build cabinets for my reloading room. I would appreciate any pictures that I can draw ideas from. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Higginez Re: Reloading room setup - 06/08/13
search. dude.
Posted By: wildone Re: Reloading room setup - 06/08/13
ar15.com has a thread 50 pages long , use your google foo
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Reloading room setup - 06/08/13
Originally Posted by Higbean
search. dude.

Wow. That was like almost like a complete sentence bro dude.
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: Reloading room setup - 06/08/13
try TRH.org; the High Road.org. They have a reloading sticky with pictures of memeer's reloading benches. While most are similar, there are a few striking good ideas.
Posted By: 496 Re: Reloading room setup - 06/09/13
Something like this comes to mine

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1pYqquG27pg[/video]
Posted By: Otter Re: Reloading room setup - 06/09/13
Here is a picture of my bench . . . pretty messy/unorganized at the time I took the picture, The 8' long bench, IIRC, is basically from an NRA design I modified to suit what I wanted/needed. I didn't want sliding "doors" to the left and right of the center shelves. Mostly I modified below the bench top and made it 42" high so I could stand or sit on a drafting chair. The whole thing comes apart in segments by removing some screws (I think 16). To the left of the drill press is a similar setup for shotshell reloading. The whole room is 12' x 20'.

[Linked Image]

NOTE : I didn't put the funky border at the top of the wall grin.
Posted By: bethalhntr Re: Reloading room setup - 06/09/13
Here is one I built up a couple years ago. A solid top, A tube steel frame and shelves for supply's. If it's anything it is sturdy which is needed for a good press and a vise.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: NMSSHOOTER Re: Reloading room setup - 06/09/13
That is sharp. Mite take a while to get that built.
I have seen some ideas. Lets see some more. Thanks
Posted By: BlackHunter Re: Reloading room setup - 06/10/13
Tag. Good ideas here. I am about to build a reloading bench too so I appreciate the ideas as well. Thanks for the ideas.
Posted By: TooTall Re: Reloading room setup - 06/10/13
Here is mine. Waited 30 years to have a special built place.
To the right. Saddle Blanket is in the window to block the light.
Window right.
[Linked Image]

Center window.
[Linked Image]

Book shelf.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: bethalhntr Re: Reloading room setup - 06/10/13
Damn nice !
Posted By: Magnumdood Re: Reloading room setup - 06/10/13
Originally Posted by TooTall
Window right.
[Linked Image]

Center window.
[Linked Image]

Book shelf.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Do you collect reloaders?
Posted By: Magnumdood Re: Reloading room setup - 06/10/13
Ya'll are all too damned neat. How can you expect to reload with any efficiency unless it takes two days to find the dies, the various brass shaping tools for that cartridge, the primer seater, the calipers and other dial gauges for measuring concentricity, the tools needed bend the loaded round so that run-out is minimized, the brass-annealing machine, the press, and finally the components to complete the list?
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Reloading room setup - 06/10/13
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Ya'll are all too damned neat. How can you expect to reload with any efficiency unless it takes two days to find the dies, the various brass shaping tools for that cartridge, the primer seater, the calipers and other dial gauges for measuring concentricity, the tools needed bend the loaded round so that run-out is minimized, the brass-annealing machine, the press, and finally the components to complete the list?

this:

Mine looks like a pigsty compared to these, I am constantly finding stuff i had forgot i had. I found that little ball bearing that goes under the dillon 550 shell plate recently that i lost a couple of years ago. Had dropped into a box of lead bullets. I had a request for some lead bullets the other day from a friend, and spent quite a bit of time trying to find them, which eventually i did, which was good because i found another box of 200grain round nose .451 bullets i had been looking for for about a year.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Reloading room setup - 06/10/13
We had to retire a stand up freezer over the weekend and my wife said are you taking it to the dump? Heck no, another place to store powder.
Posted By: TooTall Re: Reloading room setup - 06/10/13
Those powder measures are for a Dillion 550B. Used to load for the Sheriff Department.
Posted By: jnyork Re: Reloading room setup - 06/10/13
Why is it, someone will ask a perfectly decent, logical question, asking for members of the board for advice and ideas, someone will always get nasty and tell him to do a search instead of helping him out with his question. What the hell is wrong with being helpful and courteous? If you dont have an answer to the question, STFU, everyone with a computer already knows you can do a search.
Posted By: JGray Re: Reloading room setup - 06/10/13
Originally Posted by TooTall
Window right.
[Linked Image]

Center window.
[Linked Image]

Book shelf.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I've always liked the idea of a corner type bench like what you did there. The last one I built is similar:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: GuyM Re: Reloading room setup - 06/10/13
[Linked Image]

The RCBS press is for general purpose loading. I do my precision rifle loading on the little Hart arbor press barely visible behind the powder measure.

The bench is store bought at Home Depot. Took about an hour to put it together and has served well for ten years.

Guy
Posted By: wildone Re: Reloading room setup - 06/10/13
TooTall- thats just not right ! You have way to much room in there! LOL Nice Cave, totally jealous.
Posted By: Skeezix Re: Reloading room setup - 06/10/13
Dammit TooTall & GuyM!! Y'all are TOO freakin' neat!! My wife was lookin' over my shoulder and saw your posts, and now I'm having to rent a front-end loader and a dump truck to clean out my cave.

grin
Posted By: 300dave Re: Reloading room setup - 06/11/13
Try the reloading section on the Brian Enos forum. there is a thread that has a lot of examples there are well over 50 pages of bench photos you will probably have to join but its a pretty good site lots of Dillon equipment smile
© 24hourcampfire