Home
I'm talking about benefits to the USA.

According to the latest polls Americans are overwhelmingly opposed to arming the Syrian rebels.

Hussein said that the US wouldn't go it alone and that any actions in Syria should be multi-national/NATO sponsored. I'm not saying I agree with this approach but once again he lied.

Now that bastid is saying "Look at me, look at me, I'm a humanitarian world leader coming to the rescue."

There's no positive aspects to getting involved in Syria and I get the feeling that this is just a distraction from all the scandals in the US. Once again Hussein is ignoring the will of the people and this could turn out to be his worst move yet.

mad mad mad
Can't think of a single one.
Well this way Obama can help his Islamic buddies, Al Qaeda and the Muslim Broterhood. Two anti-america terrorist organizations that have a lot in common with him. You do know Islam is a beautiful religion of peace?
it will take some of "the eyes" off the scandals..... bet ya ,one of "so called our guys" tossed the chem bomb to get this ball rollin..
The benefits it really has are; keeping our eyes off of the rest of the issues here at home, making Kerry look like he's doing something, thus "O" is doing something about the problem, and keeping the idiots over there killing each other instead of coming over here.

The downside is, there are a lot more future terrorists getting real battle training that our guys will have to face later when the Syrian situation is over, and there will be even more military arms on the Black Market.

So, weighing it out, there is no real benefit for us citizens.

Ed
In a war like this, no one is wearing a uniform like in a normal war...in fact they all look alike.

So how do you tell who are the rebels to arm, ask for an ID card ? confused
The benefit is we can help the one's who hate us the least to win.
If there was any hope for the Syrian Christians then I might be in favor of doing something. However I seriously doubt there is anything that can be done to save the Syrian Christians so letting muslims kill muslims seems like a great idea.

Just let them do it themselves, none of our troops, weapons, or even one American dollar involved.
If we want to see a benefit to arming Syrians, we should arm the Syrian Christians.
Originally Posted by Scott F
If there was any hope for the Syrian Christians then I might be in favor of doing something. However I seriously doubt there is anything that can be done to save the Syrian Christians so letting muslims kill muslims seems like a great idea.

Just let them do it themselves, none of our troops, weapons, or even one American dollar involved.

Scott - while I agree with most of this....we are already giving very big $$$$ to someone in Syria.
I understand that. It serves no good end and is a total waste. It need to stop. Not one dollar.
Phase 1) Arm Syrian rebels.

Phase 2) Provide air cover, support, or a no-fly zone.

Phase 3) Secure the chemical weapons.

Consequences ...

1a) Start an arms race with Russia.

2a) Somebody shoots down something that pizzes somebody off.

3a) US boots on the ground.

Even if none of this happens we don't need to be meddling in a potentially volatile situation with very few, if any, good outcomes.

WTF is Hussein thinking?
Originally Posted by fish head

WTF is Hussein thinking?

The problem is, he's not thinking anything. His advisors are and they are apparently operating in some sort of alternate reality that we are not privy to.

Ed
Wonder how much of �bama's sending goods to Syria, McCain's trip to Syria and McCain's work on the immigration bill are related.
Wag that dog.

How many anti-tank or anti-aircraft weapons given to the Syrian rebels will wind up in the hands of terrorists?
The US has no business arming anyphugginbody.

This schit needs to stop. McCain, just kill yourself.
I can't get a handle on what his motivation is. There's too many choices.

Backing up his red line rhetoric.

Just doing something instead of his SOP of doing nothing.

Look at the shiny object over here.

Maybe he thinks history will look on him favorably for stopping a cruel civil war.

Hopes for stability in the ME.

Pure political gain for his bravery.

I dunno.

One thing you can count on is the Narcissist in Chief is thinking about how this move will benefit him. It's not about how it this will benefit the American people.
The only benefit I can think of is "Less Syrians".

I'd be fine with selling them low grade small arms that aren't of much use for terror outside of the region. But Americans should be making money doing it, and we shouldn't be giving it away. The sole purpose of selling arms would be to keep a gristmill going in Syria, to burn up Hezbollah,Al Qaeda and other competing powers, draining their blood and treasure in a never ending fight against one another.
But giving them arms like BHO will do, is idiocy, as is supporting them with any American support.
If I'm driving down the street and I see a gangbanger beating up an old lady, I'd stop and try to do something.

If I'm driving down the street, and I see one gangbanger wailing on another gangbanger, I keep on driving.....
The answer to your question will be the same as to why he aids Egyptian and Libyan rebels. Let's see what happens with Turkey....
This one is particularly volatile, given the Russian support to the established Syrian government and military. I think he just lost his "we'll talk after I'm re-elected" card with Putin.
The Elephant Eared Al Quida operative in the white house just wants to help out his islamic brothers.

My question is HOW MUCH IS THIS COSTING US?????? The tax payers. My son works for DOD and is getting furloughed because we do not have enough money to run the government, yet we have enough money to send to those [bleep] in Syria?????? THAT MAKES NO SENSE mad
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Wag that dog.

How many anti-tank or anti-aircraft weapons given to the Syrian rebels will wind up in the hands of terrorists?

+101

How do tell a Syrian rebel from a Syrian terrorist when they all look and talk alike.
Originally Posted by fburgtx
If I'm driving down the street and I see a gangbanger beating up an old lady, I'd stop and try to do something.

If I'm driving down the street, and I see one gangbanger wailing on another gangbanger, I keep on driving.....

That's it!

It's like Hussein driving through the ME and seeing his son fighting with the drunkle. He has to do something.
He will arm anyone who hates Israel the most. This is how he creates unrest, unrest creates hate, hate creates seperation, seperation means we need a new place to put people to keep the peace. Then they "need" more land from Israel. Israel says no, then Israel is selfish and needs to be reprimanded, isolated, and shunned. Then America has reason to cut off supplies, food, and arms. I think this is his long term strategy and it's really more about Israel than anything else. He has created havoc in Egypt and Lybia. Now Syria. Eventually they will all want a chunk of the promised land that GOD gave to his people. Muzzies can't stand that, and neither can "O"
© 24hourcampfire