Home
Posted By: okok BADASS " SLEEPER" CHEVY NOVA! - 06/20/13
F U Mopar!! grin

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=61f_1371760902
BADAZZ...
I would like to have seen some interstate speed roll on's.

Been watching the new show street outlaws from Oklahoma city.
A lot of mean machines.
Thanks that was great.
Posted By: okok Re: BADASS " SLEEPER" CHEVY NOVA! - 06/21/13
It sure would be fun to have that Nova for the summer..pull up to some flip flop with a ricer, and blow his jap crap doors off. laugh
Posted By: toad Re: BADASS " SLEEPER" CHEVY NOVA! - 06/21/13
my favorite '72 Chevy sleeper...

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zcPHHEea3lE[/video]
Should've been a '64
GM sucks ball sack. Fugg the damn thieves and those that polished knobs with the unions.
Posted By: toad Re: BADASS " SLEEPER" CHEVY NOVA! - 06/21/13
way to puke bile on a thread about cars made way before the source of your whine...
aint got a fuggin clue
Waaaaaaaa
Originally Posted by toad

Another Okie.!

I used to have a '73 Nova SS. Fun, fast car. But not as fun or fast as this one!! laugh
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Larry Lawrence , fastest street legal I believe or it's damn close.
I used to know this guy when I lived in Pennsylvania. He's known for his conservative burnouts and HO-HUM runs but the numbers don;t lie.

Back in the 70s his street legal 58 Corvette's license plate read :

INTHE8S

Single four barrel carb BBC, no juice, street tires and through the mufflers

He now owns the Worlds fastest street legal car.
http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/Search/DRauSearchDetails.aspx?itemid=1646266

Originally Posted by 284LUVR
I used to know this guy when I lived in Pennsylvania. He's known for his conservative burnouts and HO-HUM runs but the numbers don;t lie.

INTHE8S

Single four barrel carb no gas street tires and through the mufflers

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/Search/DRauSearchDetails.aspx?itemid=1646266 [video:youtube][/video]

remember this car....

[Linked Image]

Rod used to drive up to Garrets Racing Engines in Hanover, then hop over to New Oxford for the car show. At the time, that car had "In the 9's" on the plate. Next time I saw Rod, he was on Fastest Street Car Shootout Hot Rod had in?? 1992?? He was in the 8's then...with a new plate grin Came in 2nd to a 66-67 Nova.
Originally Posted by pahick

INTHE8S

Single four barrel carb no gas street tires and through the mufflers

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/Search/DRauSearchDetails.aspx?itemid=1646266 [video:youtube][/video]

remember this car....

[Linked Image]

Rod used to drive up to Garrets Racing Engines in Hanover, then hop over to New Oxford for the car show. At the time, that car had "In the 9's" on the plate. Next time I saw Rod, he was on Fastest Street Car Shootout Hot Rod had in?? 1992?? He was in the 8's then...with a new plate grin Came in 2nd to a 66-67 Nova.

Yup, thats his old 58. Garrets builds some BA motors.

Denny
I had a '71 Nova, even the same color. I didn't exactly have that engine, though. Mine was a 307. It had 3 serious problems that I was a fool for buying:
1. black interior
2. no a/c
3. manual steering

It was a great car but those 3 items made it a hotbox and wore out the arms.
That was sick. smile

Yup, thats his old 58. Garrets builds some BA motors.

Denny

No doubt...found an overview of the shootout...this video doesnt have it, but I think I got the VHS. If anyone saw it, theres a clip of Rick Dyers 69 Camaro, most beautiful sounding car goin thru the gears!! Loved it!

I had a 72 true SS. It was fire engine red with the original black vinyl top. It had a 350 four bolt main, Hurst shifter and a factory in dash tach. What a car! Man I miss that thing. Oh, and I was 16 when I got it. What great times!!!
My first car was a '72 Nova the same color and trim. It was a 6 banger with a 3 speed on the floor.
Nice vid pahick, I was diggin; the 427 Ford Thunderbolt in the beginning.

Iknow a guy in the Reading, Pa. area that has a butt ugly raggedy azz Chevy Cavalier complete with 8 track that will run anybody.

Bring $25,000

Third party holds money. 3 runs.

Winner takes all

Failure to show costs ya $14,000.

Denny.
Originally Posted by toad

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zcPHHEea3lE[/video]

grin

Somehow the topper stayed on that thing.
I am totally digging this thread! Some amazing cars here.

Thought I was pretty big and bad in the 70's with my Hurst equipped 4-4-2. 455 with 4 speed and posi traction.

That farm truck is just amazing!
Posted By: LBP Re: BADASS " SLEEPER" CHEVY NOVA! - 06/21/13
How about a fast Ford.

Sleeper Mustang
Yep, the farm truck is my fave.
Originally Posted by Azshooter
Thanks that was great.
Yes, it was.... laugh
i had a 73 4 door dart, column shift bench seat hub caps. i did have a pair of 6 inch slicks on back. had a 360 it ran 11:10s at the track. looked like a old lady's car till you heard the racer brown cam.
Damn that '72 farm truck is super fast, but that suspension scares the hell out of me.
i'm sure its not stock, probably has ladder bars or a 4 link to hook up like that.
my mother had a 72nova with a 350ci in it. I eventually got it and had intended to do something like this with it. Was talked into selling the car to a sister who promptly wrecked it. I then bought it back and it sat in the yard for a real long time, i just never had time/money to do what needed to be done.
I remember a 427 version of this thing, had to be careful to not snap the driveshaft it had so much torque. Oh, I wish.
Car?? Car???

'Wuzzies' drive cars!!
Those were the days. My older brother had a 63 Ford Galaxie coupe with the 427 thunderbolt. I just got my learner's permit and he says it is time you learned how to drive a clutch.

That beast had the a heavy duty clutch from hell. I was on the track team and in pretty good shape. I was sitting at a stop sign waiting for traffic a bit too long. My calf muscle began to shake trying to hold down that clutch petal. He says put it in neutral and rest the leg.

It had the four speed, dual quads from the factory, solid lifters, IIRC he had 457 and 355 rear end 3rd members. He put in 3" pipes with glass packs. One summer he ran 11" slicks and made plenty of gas money. My friends saw that car do a wheelie with that package. It got 3-5 MPG but with gas at 25 cents a gallon who cared?

Those early 60s cars have lots of memories for many of us. Great thread.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RDW Re: BADASS " SLEEPER" CHEVY NOVA! - 06/24/13
Originally Posted by stxhunter
i had a 73 4 door dart, column shift bench seat hub caps. i did have a pair of 6 inch slicks on back. had a 360 it ran 11:10s at the track. looked like a old lady's car till you heard the racer brown cam.

Never owned one but I sure wouldn't mind the slant six...

Posted By: RDW Re: BADASS " SLEEPER" CHEVY NOVA! - 06/24/13
Another favorite, another six....

Very cool Nova, thanks.
© 24hourcampfire