Home
Ok-Ok....so I am so behind the times! I FINALLY watched it (redbox) and like it very much, but I have a question:

There is a scen in which Reacher 'proves' himself by target shooting for Duvall's character. He does this by starting on one side, and using one foot to slowly 'roll' into position - there is a Wembley competition reference in there - WHY does he do this, beyond it looking cool?
nobody?
Its the movies.
why not, most people wouldn't know the difference
maybe they were trying to give Tom Cruise some creds?
Getting into a sling position from prone is sometimes easier to do when entered from the side. It's more difficult to sling up face down than on your side where you have more room to fully engage the sling. The slow roll just helps you get stretched out into a bone support position as opposed to flopping around on the ground like a beached whale.

When they show it in the movies it makes the shooter look cool and causes folks to ask why he did that too.
never heard of the movie much less seen it.

But yes, sometimes you do get into positions in ways that look weird but work best.

Having not see it, I can't fathom exactly what you are talking about.
If it has Tom Cruise in it I won't ever see it. I just don't buy him playing the role of a man.
© 24hourcampfire