Home
All law-abiding people?
Only citizens?
Does it include aliens?
Does it include illegal aliens?
Does it include everyone who has First Amendment rights?
Does it include all but those who have forfeited the right (ie. felons)?

Steve.
[Linked Image]
Well, since it is in the U.S. constitution, I would say U.S. citizens!

My .02
Citizens of the United States Of America.

Wish they were truly [STILL] United though.

Gunner
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Well, since it is in the U.S. constitution, I would say U.S. citizens!

My .02

I would agree.
Hears is a question for you? Does the U.S. Constitution apply to legally visiting non-US citizens?

Originally Posted by gunner500

Gunner

Yes, we're more like the Untied States of America.

However, the class of people who enjoy the right to bear arms is clearly not citizens of the United States. If that were so, felons could bear arms. Of that I'm sure. (Although they apparently still enjoy the protections of the First Amendment.) Are there others besides felons who no longer have the right?

What I'm unsure of is whether alien residents, and illegal aliens, have the 2nd Amendment right. If an illegal alien was found with a gun, would the 2nd Amendment protect him? Would it protect a legal alien?

Steve.

Gunner

Damn shame ain't it?
Originally Posted by 9point3
Hears is a question for you? Does the U.S. Constitution apply to legally visiting non-US citizens?

I don't know, does it? Part of it, all of it, none of it?

If asked should it, my answer would be no.

Yes, that's part of my question. Would a man from Kenya, for example, or Saudi Arabia, here legally on a student Visa, have rights under the 2nd Amendment?

Steve.

[bleep] no, lets travel to brazil, china, or saudi and try that chit.

Gunner
If I remember my reading of the second it says "The right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms" I think if a legal resident alien is here they would have the right to bear arms in their own defense. I don't know about an illegal alien. As far as convicted felons rights I have always asserted that if they are so dangerous they can't be trusted with a gun once they have served their time then they should never have been let out.
Won't be united until you get rid of the liberals and minorities! Minorities choose to segregate themselves and liberals......well regardless of color they are corrosive to freedom!
Originally Posted by chris375
As far as convicted felons rights I have always asserted that if they are so dangerous they can't be trusted with a gun once they have served their time then they should never have been let out.

Lots of different kinds types felonies, to many I think.
The way things are going it will be a felony to fart on the church bus before long. Then what?
Our rights come from God, not from governments. Every free human being has the right to bear arms.

Unfortunately, governments despise people being free.
So what parts of the Bill of Rights do and don't apply to legal visitors?

Cruel or unusual punishment?

Innocent until proven guilty?

Free press/speech?

Lets discuss
Originally Posted by FlaRick
Our rights come from God, not from governments. Every free human being has the right to bear arms.

Unfortunately, governments despise people being free.

Some of our rights come from God, never saw any scripture in any religious text regarding many of our rights, especially procedural rights.
Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter

Gunner

Are there others besides felons who no longer have the right?

Steve.

Don't forget Domestic violence of any degree. A slap, a shove to a child, person of same and even of opposite sex is included. Anyone on probation, and probably more I haven't thought of/looked in to. Even repeat assaults whether or not the person was the initiator.
© 24hourcampfire