Home
Tom Selleck and Sam Elliot doing a Louis L'Amour book. Doesn't get much better than that.

No language to speak of, lots of notso gory shootemup scenes, pretty funny, and its got three brothers rescuing the pretty girls. I do believe me and the boys'll be watching this together.

If you've got Netflix, better watch it before it goes away.
We have it on VCR. It's a good movie with some good, although improbable, humor. Katherine Ross doesn't take anything away from it, either.
Humm. Nothing exciting like sword fights with skeletons in that oh so highly acclaimed blockbuster ' pirates of de carribean' then?

Sounds good.

Good movie

There is also a John Wayne marathon on AMC starting at noon today I think.
Originally Posted by eyeball
Humm. Nothing exciting like sword fights with skeletons in that oh so highly acclaimed blockbuster ' pirates of de carribean' then?

Sounds good.

Well, Uncle Black Jack does invite all the bad guys into a saloon for a free drink then tosses in a stick of dynamite. Most of them come out shaken but still intact.
Or just go to amazon and buy that one The Sacketts and a Tom Selleck 3 pack for $26. Then you can watch the whenever and where ever.

Don't forget, The Sacketts also has Glen Ford in it.
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Tom Selleck and Sam Elliot doing a Louis L'Amour book. Doesn't get much better than that.

No language to speak of, lots of notso gory shootemup scenes, pretty funny, and its got three brothers rescuing the pretty girls. I do believe me and the boys'll be watching this together.

One of the very few movies that I have watched the second time. I think "North to Alaska" is another of the very few.
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

It gets much better than this BD Studly-Dude-Winner-of-all-Internet-Conversatioooooones. Not surprisingly........toooooo bad yer shallow opinion of life on this planet doesn't.

Try 'The Jack Bull'.............and watch a REAL western. No history of this film with the great LL books......which HBO shot a winner on this one but nobody noticed.....and is the ultimate definition of great western entertainment. Sometimes..........the Hollyweird guys get it right.

Posted By: byc Re: On Netflix--The Shadow Riders - 07/21/13
It's also been on Encore Westerns about twice weekly for the past couple of months. Good flick. Selleck and Elliot are a tough to beat combo.

Thinking if I had to pick one channel it would be Encore Westerns. Everytime I believe I've seen all episodes of Gunsmoke, Paladin or Wagon Train an unknown pops up. Not to wild about Bonaza. I like the B&W stuff.
Wish they would put The Grey Fox w/Richard Farnsworth on DVD.

Been waiting for that forever...
Got to the beach scene, turned it off.
I have it on DVD and have watched it a dozen times . Great movie . I also have the Sacketts on DVD
Prefer The Sacketts.
© 24hourcampfire