Home
Got a damn donkey that keeps tearing my targets off if I leave them overnite. I would shoot the sumbitch but my FIL keeps him to keep coyotes away from his cows.

Help!!!

Neil
Try steel targets.
Saturate your target boards with Pepperspray. Or get the hottest peppers you can find and smush them on your target backers
I tried some "critter ridder" and pepper. It only lasted a couple of days.

Keep the suggestions coming.

Neil
try some chew stop for horses
Put 'em up in the air.
Most farm stores carry Crib Halt. That will stop them from chewing, but if he is tearing paper off, probably nothing will work.
a couple strands of hot wire with a battery operated charger.
Try sprinkling Cayenne pepper on and around them.
Can be had cheap from a market that has bulk bins.
Originally Posted by nmitchell
Got a damn donkey that keeps tearing my targets off if I leave them overnite. I would shoot the sumbitch but my FIL keeps him to keep coyotes away from his cows.

Help!!!

Neil

Well,...my papaw used to scubb stary dog's azzholes with a corncob soaked in turpentine to get them to go away.

I 'spect it'd work on donkeys if you're bad ass enough to do it.
Smear dog chitt on the paper.

PS you can piss in holes dogs dig by the house, too. wink
Create a diversion...

Night vision goggles and beanbag loads for a shotgun!
I'm envisioning John Belushi in Animal house going ninja.
When I used to put down targets for aerial Photography in a pasture, I would smear some fresh cow manure on them and they would be left alone. miles
Originally Posted by milespatton
When I used to put down targets for aerial Photography in a pasture, I would smear some fresh cow manure on them and they would be left alone. miles

Dude- who thinks of [bleep] like that (pun intended of course) grin
Brainiacs. wink
Put up a life-like image of Pelosi near them and they'll break their legs running away!!

Help!!!

Neil

Get a new FIL, then shoot the donkey.
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Help!!!

Neil

Well,...my papaw used to scubb stary dog's azzholes with a corncob soaked in turpentine to get them to go away.

I 'spect it'd work on donkeys if you're bad ass enough to do it.

yer killin me man!!!
Dig a ditch around your target and put a cattle gate across the ditch.
A lot of these ideas are worse/more expensive than just replacing the paper targets. Use the sticker kind.
Elect him to Congress.

Jim
Dude- who thinks of [bleep] like that (pun intended of course)

When you have a couple of hundred targets to check, at a moments notice, when the weather gets right to fly, you will try anything to make sure they are not disturbed. miles
I can't take credit for the idea but someone noticed that cow piles had tall green grass that the cows did not eat. Reason you need to pull a drag or harrow over your pasture occasionally. You can make a great one out of an old throat chain from a combine. miles
i make my own chew stopper for horses. mix up some hot sauce and cayenne pepper and whatever else you can think of. like used motor oil or turpentine. usually you dont need a lot of it.

drill a hole in a large soda bottle lid to sprinkle it where you want it.

for pets on the furniture mouse traps work extremely well. a rat trap might be the ticket for the jackass. screw it down and bait it.
SSS or

S. Track Hoe. S.
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Help!!!

Neil

Get a new FIL, then shoot the donkey.

grin grin grin
meaner cows.
Slingshot!

Help!!!

Neil

Hang your targets higher.
Any other damn donkey questions I can help you with, Neil?
import a few mountain lions or black panthers from east tennessee...
Thanks everyone for the wonderful eek suggestions!
I will take them all under consideration. laugh

Neil
Donkeys are definitely interesting animals. I have two mini-donkeys. I have to tether their rubber feed buckets to the fence, otherwise they carry them down to our pond and throw them in and let them sink to oblivion. I haven't figured out why they do it.
© 24hourcampfire