Home
I need to touch up some jeep fenders which have already painted. They got dinged up in a few places during handling. Like I said, they've already been painted, so how to I touch them up? Do I need to rough up the surface with a little of light sanding and then just re-spray that area? Should I tape off the area? The primer is still intact where the paint got dinged, just need a fresh surface coat in a few small areas. Don't want to repaint the entire fenders, but not sure how to blend in the small areas that I will be repainting with the rest of the surface.

Thanks,

Jordan
what kind of paint? if it was me i would go ahead and paint the whole fender probably easier in the long run.
PPG Omnni
so a base coat clear coat. i'd sand the clear coat down to the base coat in and around the area you want to touch up, then shoot the base coat and clear. then buff the clear to blend it in with the surrounding areas. I'd still just do the whole fender if i were doing it. you might pm northendave and get his take on it.
This is an oversimplification, but you need to sand the entire fender, paint the damaged areas with base coat and blend outward into the undamaged area, then clear coat the whole fender.

If you don't know how to blend, I'd take them to someone who does.
© 24hourcampfire