Home
eek eek - Figured some of you fathers would enjoy this..

Link...![/color][/b]

[b]Dad Wears Short Shorts to Teach Daughter a Lesson

[Linked Image]

A Utah dad got so fed up with his teen daughter�s too-short shorts that he taught her a fashion lesson she'll never forget. Scott Mackintosh publicly modeled his own version of his daughter's Daisy Dukes and, in the process, became an Internet hero.

�I simply did this in hopes that my daughter would know of my great love for her and that she knows of her great worth,� Scott Mackintosh told the Deseret News about the photo of himself in cutoffs, which has since become a Tumblr sensation. �Now that it has gone viral, I hope that young women everywhere understand their great worth. I will look like an idiot any day if that point gets across."

The story behind the trail of Mackintosh's short-shorts photo is as old as the Internet, beginning when his daughter posted it on Tumblr; and as of Thursday it has received over 130,000 notes from fans of the image.

�My mom told me to change my �slutty� shorts before we went to dinner,� was how daughter Myley described the photo. �I said no. [color:#FF0000]So my dad cut his jeans to fit in. We went to dinner and then mini golf like this.�

Then Mackintosh, a father of seven, published his side of the story on his wife's blog, Becky Mack�s Blog of Mild Chaos. He wrote:

�I know the world has varying degrees of what is modest and what is not when it comes to clothing. In our family we have pretty definite modesty guidelines; No mid-drift or low-cut shirts, no short-shorts, short skirts and we even go as far as saying no sleeveless shirts unless playing sports or on the beach. Having raised four daughters and three sons, I�m a bit protective. Some may call me old fashion, but I call it �A Dad who loves his daughters� (and sons too) I know some of you may be rolling your eyes and that�s okay, my daughter does it all the time. I�m a firm believer that the way we dress sends messages about us, and it influences the way we and others act.�

That said, he went on to describe how the short-shorts incident began one evening as the family prepared to head out to dinner and to play some mini-golf. His wife, Becky, asked Myley to change out of her inappropriately short cutoffs, but she refused.

�Instead of turning her response and disrespectful attitude into a major battle, I decided to make a �small� statement on how her short-shorts maybe aren�t as �cute� as she thinks!� Mackintosh wrote. That�s when he cut almost the entire legs off of an old pair of jeans and pulled them on, certain that his point would be instantly made. But Myley didn�t even notice at first; she remained stoic all through dinner and mini golf, but finally broke when they made a stop for post-game milkshakes, refusing to get out of the car with him.

�There was no �Dad I get it� or �Dad you�re the best�. thanks for that awesome lesson,� he admitted. �I don�t think my object lesson of �modest is hottest� made the statement I had intended. But no matter if social media gets the story mixed up and twisted, my daughter will always know that her dad loves her and cares about her enough to make a fool out of himself.�

He later told local KSL News, �She�s dressed a little better since then, yes she has.�

And fellow parents have been impressed with Mackintosh's attempt to get his message across, with Twitter fans writing, �Drastic, but brilliant measures� and �Good dad!� On Becky's blog, one 19-year-old fan wrote, �I just wanted to thank you, your caring husband, your sweet sons, and the rest of your family so much for setting an example for the whole world.�

He now joins the annals of parents who have recently resorted to teaching unusual (if much more severely mortifying) lessons: California mom Frances Hena, who punished her tween this week by having her stand at a busy intersection wearing a sign that read �I was disrespecting my parents by twerking at a school dance�; the Utah girl punished for bullying another girl over her fashion sense by being forced to wear ugly clothing in public; the 12-year-old girl who, after posing with a bottle of vodka on Instagram, had to post herself holding a note that read �Since I want to post photos of me holding liquor, I am obviously not ready for social media and will be taking a hiatus until I learn what I should and should not post.�
Hell, I don't have kids but I'm impressed.

Attaboy
I'm not that good a dad, I'd have raised a stink and left little Miss Thang at home and prolly kept my own azz covered!
This thread has potential.
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: Who wears Short Shorts..? - 09/12/13
I have a soon to be 16 yo daughter that will see this tonight.......

I wonder if she'd appreciate me sporting some of those DD shorts at the Friday night football game she is soooooo looking forward to??
Posted By: Esox357 Re: Who wears Short Shorts..? - 09/12/13
At least he didn't shave his legs?
Geeze, what a stupid, panty waist way to get the message across to your kids. Ain't anybody got any balls anymore ? I simply would have told my daughter she wasn't leaving the house that way unless she was ready to get her own place and pay her own bills. Until then, my house, my rules. End of discussion.
Posted By: JPro Re: Who wears Short Shorts..? - 09/12/13
I hope this is not becoming a trend.....

[Linked Image]
Short shorts on girls?

I'm not seeing the problem here...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Who wears Short Shorts..? - 09/12/13
Good Dad, knows how to get his point across. My boy was misbehaving in school and was told that if it didn't end he would be accompanied to school by his mother or I depending on the day, the thought horrified him and the problems ended that day.
Posted By: RDW Re: Who wears Short Shorts..? - 09/12/13
Man, the 60's-70's all over again but they ain't frayed enough.
Good thing she wasn't screwing a large black man.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Who wears Short Shorts..? - 09/12/13
[Linked Image]
Posted By: rattler Re: Who wears Short Shorts..? - 09/12/13
i told the girls "You cant embarrass me any where close to as bad as i can embarrass you." laugh
Posted By: okok Re: Who wears Short Shorts..? - 09/12/13
Originally Posted by RDFinn
[Linked Image]

This blows mizz Kansas out of the damn water!!! Nice!
Posted By: 700LH Re: Who wears Short Shorts..? - 09/12/13
The girl otta cut hers even shorter so he will too, and look even more the idiot he is
[Linked Image]
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Who wears Short Shorts..? - 09/12/13
Originally Posted by okok
[Linked Image]

Wasn't hard to do. That chick was a couple of clicks above average around here.
Originally Posted by JPro
I hope this is not becoming a trend.....

[Linked Image]

Travis Junior?
Posted By: soli Re: Who wears Short Shorts..? - 09/12/13
I can not wear them,Herbie does not like the sun.
Posted By: okok Re: Who wears Short Shorts..? - 09/12/13
[Linked Image]

Exactly...there's some here who have a pretty low bar. Thanks again for posting a 10+
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Geeze, what a stupid, panty waist way to get the message across to your kids. Ain't anybody got any balls anymore ? I simply would have told my daughter she wasn't leaving the house that way unless she was ready to get her own place and pay her own bills. Until then, my house, my rules. End of discussion.

Yo must not have any kids(children) or balls left if you try and run ruffshod over them.

You can't push a chain,best try and lead by example.

Bob
Posted By: 700LH Re: Who wears Short Shorts..? - 09/13/13
So being a responsible parent, teaching your children to respect adults, themselves and mind, is considered ruffshod now?

[Linked Image]

Exactly...there's some here who have a pretty low bar. Thanks again for posting a 10+

brrrr I'm glad she's not my daughter, but I'd love to try and make her a mother!

pretty lass indeed

is her name Abby perchance?
Posted By: EricM Re: Who wears Short Shorts..? - 09/13/13
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Short shorts on girls?

[Linked Image]

That's what I'm talkin' about!!! wink
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Good thing she wasn't screwing a large black man.

Ain't that the truth!

Problem is, the boys don't want to stay home.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Who wears Short Shorts..? - 09/13/13
Eye bleach please...
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Who wears Short Shorts..? - 09/13/13
[Linked Image]

Yeah, but does she bowhunt? Does she know how to handle a firearm?
Nothing wrong with short shorts. The US public opinion is wrong.

Same as speedo type swimsuit and those stupid swimming trunks everybody wears - that are useless for swimming.

What a hypocritical society the USA is, clothing, alcohol, sex, politics - you name it.
Posted By: Ralphie Re: Who wears Short Shorts..? - 09/13/13
This dad was trying to teach his daughter a lesson. He's apparently involved in his kids lives and I'll bet they aren't on welfare either.

And all most of you can do is bad mouth him. I'm not sure I'd have handled it the same way, but you have to give credit to a dad who is trying to bring up good kids.
Posted By: Hotload Re: Who wears Short Shorts..? - 09/13/13
Short shorts on girls?

[Linked Image]

WOW
The daughter goes by Myley and is trying to look like Myley Cirus, hence the skank shorts. Good for dad, that took some balls...thank goodness they didn't hang low. eek
Originally Posted by bobbyjack
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Yo must not have any kids(children) or balls left if you try and run ruffshod over them.

You can't push a chain,best try and lead by example.

Bob
I raised six kids dipschitt. 3 daughters and 3 sons. My youngest is 18 and the oldest is 32. All are now gainfully employed and living on their own. 2 of my daughters are happily married and #3 is engaged. All three are exceptionally pretty and smart and none of them are sluts. And yes, I was strict with all of them.
I raised three, each of them busisness owners and doing pretty well. Two married, looking for a big Christian man for my youngest daughter to marry.

Maybe you cannot push a chain, but you can sure as heck make the chain WANT to move with the right combination of magnets or heat as needed. Do the right thing, get a reward, do the wrong thing, feel some heat AKA correction. Has to be started and established early on, though. If you lose them at three, you ain't likely to get 'em back into any kind of control at 13 or later. War has been mostly lost at that point.

Proud as heck of all three of mine, I am a man many times blessed.
Good job on the dad! Pretty funny.
Very few ways to get to some kids.
Embarrassment and peer pressure are very big at that stage.
Posted By: Paul_M Re: Who wears Short Shorts..? - 09/13/13

We used to have a male truck driver that wore shorts just like these in the summer. sick

All the women thought it was nasty and would laugh at him behind his back. Then one day one of the women remarked he must have a tiny little package if he isn't falling out of those shorts and that just made them laugh harder. laugh

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire