Home
[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qiLDMBDPCEY[/video]
Thats a hell of a guy right there.
Met a gentleman once paralyzed from the chest down out solo deer hunting on our Steens Mountains. He did have a buddy or two back in camp, but he was strapped in an Argo with strategically placed spotting scope, rifle, and binos. He'd motor to likely crossings and prominent viewing areas and spend a couple hours waiting on opportunity. He definitely had my respect.
I listen to so many people who focus on what they can't do but darned few who only think of what they can do like this man does. He just made my hero list.
There was a girl my daughter went to college with who had no arms. I remember seeing her drink a cup of coffee with her feet. She had no problems at all getting along. Amazing what people can do when they are motivated.

Wonder if he gets a handicapped plate on his car. Something tells me he probably doesn't.

Steve.
I knew a man who was a deaf mute. He worked at at fab shop and was one of the best at fabricating sheet metal, I ever saw.

Although he was eligible for a card that would allow him to eat for free at restaurants, he never got one.

It was funny to see him unload on other deaf mutes, that took advantage of having a card.

And I thought I had problem because one of my legs is a little shorter than the other two.
Wow! That guy is amazing. I was out fishing on the Tennessee River several years ago and came across a young guy fishing that had just short stumps for arms. He was casting just as accurately as anybody and reeling in, and I got to see him catch a nice bass. I was astounded. Many of the things he did were very similar to the guy in this video. He even ran his own boat. Did everything.

These guys are proof that handicapped is often just a state of mind.
Originally Posted by ringworm
And I thought I had problem because one of my legs is a little shorter than the other two.

I have the same problem...it's my middle leg that's a little short.
Amen! That fellow is what I would call a true role model. Not some sports figure.

Ed
This is the kind of stuff people in the "hood" need to see constantly.
Your right Mickey, He is someone we can admire. He11 my back is a little sore today and all of the sudden it ain't doin' so bad.
My hat is off to him and his extraordinary parents. Thanks for posting, Mickey.
Mick...the first 30 seconds of that sure puts things in perspective in a hurry. As for the rest of it, my only thought was if we are going to have a black president, why couldn't it be him?
Originally Posted by ingwe
Mick...the first 30 seconds of that sure puts things in perspective in a hurry. As for the rest of it, my only thought was if we are going to have a black president, why couldn't it be him?

I'll second that!
Originally Posted by Skeezix
Wow! That guy is amazing. I was out fishing on the Tennessee River several years ago and came across a young guy fishing that had just short stumps for arms. He was casting just as accurately as anybody and reeling in, and I got to see him catch a nice bass. I was astounded. Many of the things he did were very similar to the guy in this video. He even ran his own boat. Did everything.

These guys are proof that handicapped is often just a state of mind.

Good chance your talking about a boy that lives next to us. If the fella your talking about is a teen. If not I have a teen neighbor that's the same. He is more than amazing......he's done/does all you say hunt fish etc all the time. Done tv shows etc....same time just another teenager.....great little fella
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan
Thats a hell of a guy right there.

Amen! and kudos to his parents!
That man is inspiring - I admire you Richie Parker. Thanks, Mickey, for sending this.
AHHmazing!!! Why the hell isn't this guy theeeee role model for all of us,

but especially the black community, where victimology rules.

A++ parents - it matters.
© 24hourcampfire