Home
Posted By: 700LH Pits Killing Kids - 09/28/13
More Pit bulls killing little kids.
Small children seem to a favorite.

Kindergartner dies after attack by pit bull

http://www.ktvb.com/news/Kindergartner-dies-after-attack-by-pit-bulll-225598472.html

Posted By: ryoushi Re: Pits Killing Kids - 09/28/13
They killed a 2yo in LA a couple days ago. The description of the attack was brutal, he had no face or throat left amongst other injuries. I know a lot of people love them, but I would never trust a Pit with my child.
Posted By: sollybug Re: Pits Killing Kids - 09/28/13
Honestly, it's a daily occurrence of pretty much the horror ryoushi describes. I challenge any pit bull owner to google pit bull attacks, read the first 200 and not feel a little more concern about pit bulls and kids. It makes me sick but doesn't surprise me anymore, I just shake my head and keep them far away from my kids....
Posted By: CEJ1895 Re: Pits Killing Kids - 09/28/13
If that had been my kid the pit bull would only be the first one to die..
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Pits Killing Kids - 09/28/13
any, and all dogs, are dangerous around children. Pits are probably worse than others, but all dogs can 'turn' on 'ya.
Posted By: Dan_Chamberlain Re: Pits Killing Kids - 09/28/13
I'm not a Pit lover, but when I was a kid, the German Shepherd was the kid killer. Then the Doberman. Pitts are a recent phenom with the press. I suppose it's because a good Shep or Dobe costs a lot of money, while anyone can go to a shelter and find a dozen pits to choose from. Tough dog means a tough owner, right? Sort of a badge of courage. Most dogs will protect the home from invaders. They also seem to differentiate between dangerous and benign threats to one's space. Mailmen got bit a lot. But they seldom got mauled.

Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Pits Killing Kids - 09/28/13
Shepherds & other guard breeds used to be at the top of the list. They still have the same record they've always had, but since the increased popularity of pitts, they've moved out front...by a factor of 5.
Posted By: deflave Re: Pits Killing Kids - 09/28/13
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
any, and all dogs, are dangerous around children. Pits are probably worse than others, but all dogs can 'turn' on 'ya.

Yeah, if they get rabies.

Travis
Posted By: Greyghost Re: Pits Killing Kids - 09/28/13
10 pits at the residence in that last attack here, and no supervission....

Phil
Posted By: 700LH Re: Pits Killing Kids - 09/28/13
Eight Phil, five outside, three in. No matter really.
The grandparents who owned the dogs, and the parents who dropped off a two year old at the home of a dog pack all should be all charged with negligent homicide.
The dogs involved are already dead as should be.
Posted By: old_willys Re: Pits Killing Kids - 09/28/13
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

"probably" when was the last time Pack of beagles ripped a child part.
Posted By: DocRocket Re: Pits Killing Kids - 09/28/13
Operative word is "pack". I've noticed in a lot of the reports of maulings (as opposed to bite reports) that multiple dogs are involved.

Dog behaviorists/trainers say that in a family environment the dog fits into the "pack" hierarchy and finds security with the human adult(s) being alpha, and dog/kids subordinate. The dogs function well in a structure that they've evolved to fit into. They tend to be protective and/or submissive with humans, rather than aggressive toward them.

But when you get more dogs than people in the "pack", the nature of the pack changes and it's more probable that one or more dogs will come to be seen by the rest of the dogs as the alpha, and regression to dog-pack behavior. This doesn't require attack-training on the part of the owners. Dogs in a dog pack are more likely to regard anything outside the pack, including humans, as threats and/or prey.

I have no use for the "pit bull" breeds and highly distrust them (just as I distrust German Shepherds, Dobermans, and Rottweilers, Greyhouds, and one or two other breeds), but I don't believe banning them is the answer to the problem. However, I think there's a growing body of evidence indicating that having more than 2 of these breeds of dogs in one residence can and should be outlawed.
Exterminate all of them.

Friggen cocked and loaded WMD's.
© 24hourcampfire