Home
Who would you side with?

Father Disowns Homophobic Daughter in Epic Letter
By Elise Sol�, Shine Staff | Parenting � 17 hours ago

Today in awesome parenting news: A father, who learned that his daughter disowned his grandson because he was gay, responded in the most amazing way.

Dear Christine,

I�m disappointed in you as a daughter. You�re correct that we have a �shame in the family�, but mistaken about what it is. Kicking Chad out of your home simply because he told you he was gay is the real �abomination� here. A parent disowning her child is what goes �against nature.� The only intelligent thing I heard you saying in all this was that �you didn�t raise your son to be gay." Of course you didn�t. He was born this way and didn�t choose it any more than he being left-handed. You however, have made a choice of being hurtful, narrow-minded and backward. So, while we are in the business of disowning our children, I think I�ll take this moment to say goodbye to you. I now have a fabulous (as the gays put it) grandson to raise, and I don�t have time for heart-less B-word of a daughter. If you find your heart, give us a call. � Dad.
I'd not be surprised to find that was 'staged'.

That said, I'd not kick a kid out for being gay.

I don�t have time for heart-less B-word of a daughter. If you find your heart, give us a call. � Dad.

Heartless himself, and sarcastic. They're probably all dysfuntional in that family.
Yeah, I smell propaganda.
In the words of God himself, homosexuality is indeed an abomination. However also in the words of God himself, we are to love the sinner. We can't accept the sin as 'normal' but are to try to bring him to repentance. Kicking him out is certainly not the way to do it.
Why pick a side?
Love your children unconditionally. Always.
Originally Posted by tjm10025

I don�t have time for heart-less B-word of a daughter. If you find your heart, give us a call. � Dad.

Heartless himself, and sarcastic. They're probably all dysfuntional in that family.

Yep, that sums it all up nicely.
Originally Posted by BrentD
Why pick a side?

This.

I can understand the Dad's frustration at his daughter, but disowning her is not the answer just as her disowning her son.

The whole thing does sound fabricated.

Ed
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Most likely.
To each their own. I don't know if I would go as far as to disown a child but I would not embrace it either! People make choices and with those choices come consequences.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Yeah, I smell propaganda.
Most likely.
If true, he's too gutless to tell his daughter this face to face?
Years ago...After church services, some of us were hunkered down drawing in the dirt with sticks and someone shot off their mouth about some gay relation...One of the Elders present said "we all have fruits hanging on the family tree." Kind of the last word on the subject.
This:

Originally Posted by Steelhead

Originally Posted by achadwick
This:

Staged is the first thing I thought.
I don't care because it's probably all bullschit anyway.
Originally Posted by 007FJ
Originally Posted by achadwick
This:

Staged is the first thing I thought.

Sounds like it. Would like to see some documentation, if it exists.
And, if true, the father is guilty of the same 'sin'.
Regardless of it staged or not I would never disown any of my children. To side with the father would be akin to siding with the daughter as both have made a choice to "disown" their offspring.

I would like to think I have my childrens' respect enough that some heart to heart talks would go far.

My love for my children is unconditional.
show him all the kinky stuff you and your dental hygienist play with inside your photobucket
I wouldn't disown a child but I would make my disapproval clear and not allow any gay boy or girl friend under my roof.
They have both decided to "disown" their offspring, both indicating they are somehow "superior" to their offspring. With Dad, I see a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black. So by condemning his daughter and deciding to "disown" her for her own "disowning" of her son, he has done just exactly the same thing he condemns his daughter for. Neither holds any moral superiority to the other...or their offspring.

And upon reflection, I wonder why I'm even wasting time with this...

Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Why pick a side?

This.

I can understand the Dad's frustration at his daughter, but disowning her is not the answer just as her disowning her son.

Ed

Would you have been happier if I asked the peanut gallery chime in on what they would do in the Mom's situation and then ask the same for the Granddad? Jeez!
Doesn't pass the sniff test.
Originally Posted by lilderrick
show him all the kinky stuff you and your dental hygienist play with inside your photobucket

Huh? Missed something.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Doesn't pass the sniff test.

Hard to not pass the sniff test
Might very well be staged by the GLBT crowd. Checkout the stationary. Maybe Granddad came out long ago?

[Linked Image]
Who do I side with?

Neither, it's none of my damn business.

This.
Well they have you bent over now. They will stick it to you shortly.
If true, they are all dumb. The kid is dumb for coming out in a home that is obviously hostile to GLBT. Mom is dumb to kicking the kid out. Where's he suppose go? Live on the street until he becomes straight? Granddad writing a letter instead of picking up the phone or confronting the daughter?

In the end, I'm guess it's staged.
Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner are going to be a riot.
Originally Posted by hatari
Who would you side with?

It depends.

Some kids "go-gay" because they see it as a cheap way to grind mom/dad's nose in the poop. Some go-gay because they want to be special but don't want to work all that hard at it. Some go-gay because victimhood seems to hold special status now days.

Any of these are enough reason for me to say, "You picked your path. You can walk it. Alone, unsubsidized."
i'd send all 3 a 5 pound bag of german gummy bears for christmas.
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Why pick a side?

This.
Ed

Would you have been happier if I asked the peanut gallery chime in on what they would do in the Mom's situation and then ask the same for the Granddad? Jeez!

I don't understand where you're coming from. Please forgive my thick skull this afternoon. I'm not going to side with either one.
Two wrongs don't make a right was my point.

Ed
I think you hit the nail on the head when you said it sounds fabricated.
maybe he turned gay because he is left handed?

Study on left handed gays

and another

and some more
I thought long and hard about this, and came to the conclusion I don't give a [bleep].

Travis
If mine turned out queer I would tell them hide it so well no one knew, or to move away somewhere.
Only a maroon would go public with something like that.
And I don't mean Hatari.
Sorry, but no scientific proof exists that can back up the claim " they are born gay" its a choice, and a bad one at that
On the contrary....
Originally Posted by Kgw911
Sorry, but no scientific proof exists that can back up the claim " they are born gay" its a choice, and a bad one at that

When exactly did you 'choose' to be heterosexual...?
In highschool my parents cornered me and accused me of being gay...

They found a 270 under my matress.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
In the words of God himself, homosexuality is indeed an abomination...

Good grief...! There are many �abominations� in the Bible and yet very few people acknowledge them...they often blatantly ignore them and only use Biblical quotes relevant to their own personal agendas. It seems hypocritical when some people condemn homosexuals because of the word �abomination� in the Bible and don�t acknowledge that lying, adultery, wearing blended fabrics, dishonesty, arrogance, eating lobster, and sowing discord among brothers are also 'abominations' listed in the Bible.
Originally Posted by antlers

When exactly did you 'choose' to be heterosexual...?

When as a boy I saw that I had a choice between Barbara Eden and Liberace

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Well, we're waiting. Which one? smile
boococky ought to read this

might help him out with some of "his" issues
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
On the contrary....

TFF
Wouldn't kick mine out however the mention or sick practice of homosexuality would be understood as NOT allowed in my home.

Your children are your children - however going along with their perversions is not required to be their parent either
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
In the words of God himself, homosexuality is indeed an abomination...

Good grief...! There are many �abominations� in the Bible and yet very few people acknowledge them...they often blatantly ignore them and only use Biblical quotes relevant to their own personal agendas. It seems hypocritical when some people condemn homosexuals because of the word �abomination� in the Bible and don�t acknowledge that lying, adultery, wearing blended fabrics, dishonesty, arrogance, eating lobster, and sowing discord among brothers are also 'abominations' listed in the Bible.

What he said.

If somebody doesn't step forward in the next day or so to say they're one of the parents or the gay kid himself, we can be pretty sure the whole thing is a fake.
Anybody know where we can get a handwriting example from Ingwe's grandfather?

Ed

Okay, if I hadn't already finished my beer it would be on my keyboard.

Don't read much, do ya?

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=study-says-brains-of-gay

Probably why Romans (that's the New Testament) says that God gave them over to a base mind...

Originally Posted by Romans 1:26-28
26 For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is [e]unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing [f]indecent acts and receiving in [g]their own persons the due penalty of their error.

28 And just as they did not see fit [h]to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper,

Then again, it also says that if anyone says that they are without sin, they make God a liar....

The wages of all sin have the same penalty....death...
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

Don't read much, do ya?

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=study-says-brains-of-gay
\

Global Warming Is Real IPCC Repeats--Now Can We Do Something about It?
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=ipcc-reiterates-global-warming-is-real

Need more? There's plenty
Well I guess that just means that ALL science is bunk...

I wasn't arguing the validity, I was stating that there is scientific studies that report differently.

His comment would be like me saying that there is no scientific evidence for climate change.

There is, it's just that most of it is fabricated and proven by counter science...

Find any Science to counter my link?
Find any Science to counter my link?

Seriously, do you think in todays PC world anyone with any sort of scientific credibility would destroy themselves printing such?

Scientific American will present us with perhaps Bigfoot proof.
Google if your interested.
So, until somebody does counter it with a scientific study, the fact remains that there is science to support the concept that homosexuality is more than a choice.

Now, if anyone was to say that there is a difference between being gay and acting it out, I'd agree.

One can be genetically prone to alcoholism but it doesn't mean that they have to act on it...

That part is a choice.

We all have a sinful nature. It's our choice to act in that nature or not.
Ah yes, science.

I have only been around for 74 years and one of the wonderful things I have learned about science is that it is consistently reliable. Sure it is.

It just thrills me so when I read in a periodical or hear on tv or read on line the words "scientist have discovered ....." or "Previously scientist have believed ....."

Scientist believe things for years until they discover another fact and that changes everything.

When folks want scientific proof or scientific studies as a proof they, in my estimation, just may be basing their belief on a crumbling foundation that eventually will be disproved and disappear.

Science is in a constant state of flux. It consistently changes, new facts are continuously uncovered and change occurs. You can rely on that.

Malachi 3:6 "For I am the LORD, I change not," That's not a scientific fact but it is truth and truth never changes.

Jim

Horse nuggets
Who the hell would chose to chug cock? It sure as hell ain't an easier life but folks have been doing it since there were folks.

So little Billy is trading baseball cards with is pards at age 9 and suddenly decides 'I think I'll chug cock, the hell with the pussy'

I think folks can be twisted into being 'gay'ish' if they were molested as a kid and those are exactly the ones the need therapy etc.

I'm pretty sure the other ones came straight out of the womb with the thoughts of a dick flavored pacifier.
Nope. My three son's are mine, whatever, however, whoever, [bleep] happens. Real simple for us.
Some more science:

http://fingerlengthdigitratio.wordp...inger-length-and-your-sexual-preference/

Based on article sited earlier in this thread, we might assume that the middle finger of many parents of gay people appear MUCH longer than the other fingers.
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
Well, we're waiting. Which one? smile

I'd still do Barbara Eden today!
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Well they have you bent over now. They will stick it to you shortly.

??
No, I don't read scientific studies, don't read comic books either. kinda like wondering why 2 of the same sex are unable to procreate naturally. If by design, animals are "basic" entities and they cannot, then how are more "evolved", to use scientific language, animals unable to grasp the fact that 2 who are wrong cannot make 1 that is right.
[quote=hatari]Who would you side with?
[quote]

Love the sinner, hate the sin kind of a deal with me. I'll never quit loving my children, no matter what.
Originally Posted by dryflyelk
Love your children unconditionally. Always.

Yup.
© 24hourcampfire