Home
...and I had good visit with him; he's a good guy and our business is doing pretty well.

The funny thing came when we go to lunch, get in my F150 4x4, and he says, "I think this is the biggest vehicle I ever been in!"

Them Nor'easterners can be funny folks at times grin
I was surprised to find in 1960 how many guys when getting their military DL had NEVER driven a vehicle. They ALL were from the N.E.

If you had been required to change a tire on your pickup, chances are he would have been AMAZED at your skills.

I have found them to be like Australians in that it don't take much to impress them.

grin
Several years ago I had a business associate, a lady, come to the USA. I picked her up at the airport in my Chev Silverado. She thought it was the biggest vehicle on the planet.
I spent a week in Geneva a couple years ago with some other Midwesterners, we noticed that there were zero PUs on the street.
Have you ever tried to park in Boston? grin grin

-Ken

I've seen taxicabs drive on the sidewalk in Boston and Cambridge just to keep moving. Traffic is brutal, parking in nil and, mass transit is good. Many folks in Boston, New York, Chicago, etc. don't drive nor own a car. The state DMVs issue identification that are just like driver's licenses, except that are marked to preclude driving privileges (and this is for citizens, not illegals) so they have a valid ID.
Originally Posted by djs
The state DMVs issue identification that are just like driver's licenses, except that are marked to preclude driving privileges (and this is for citizens, not illegals) so they have a valid ID.

They call them non-driver photo ID's down here in NYC.

-Ken
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

Try Marrying one...

Snake
The only people that have them here are the ones that need ID to buy more booze after their DUI.
Originally Posted by temmi

Try Marrying one...

Snake

I did that once. By far the biggest mistake of my life.
Originally Posted by CaptEdIII

-Ken

Boston has to be one of the easiest places in the world to park. From what I've seen, you just stop in the middle of the street and get out.
...and I had good visit with him; he's a good guy and our business is doing pretty well.

The funny thing came when we go to lunch, get in my F150 4x4, and he says, "I think this is the biggest vehicle I ever been in!"

Only the city folks....
Originally Posted by Mathsr

-Ken

Boston has to be one of the easiest places in the world to park. From what I've seen, you just stop in the middle of the street and get out.

I'd drive up to Quincy (outskirts of Boston) every year when the flounder fishing used to be good. Remember driving on a fairly main rode & approaching a traffic light that was steady green & red at the same time. crazy Naturally I slowed/stopped until I had locals blowing the horn at me like I was a jerk. confused laugh

And I thought Manhattan was nutty driving!

-Ken

Have you ever tried to park drive in Boston? grin grin

-Ken

Fixed it. eek

I've always been amazed at the lack of pickups on the east coast. Up here, every other vehicle is a pickup.
Bostonians are very much like southerners........

They both have a thick accent and hate the Yankees!
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

-Ken

Fixed it. eek

I've always been amazed at the lack of pickups on the east coast. Up here, every other vehicle is a pickup.

I guess it depends where you go. Where I lived most people fished or worked construction, they all had trucks. The biggest difference I notice now is that most guys have regular cab trucks back there as opposed to crew cab family rigs up here.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by ironbender
Bostonians are very much like southerners........

They both have a thick accent and hate the Yankees!

I don't hate Yankees but I will admit that you have to know how to cook 'em. We don't actually cook and eat yankees....we just use them to flavor the gravy.
BTDT getting to Logan for an AM fight.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Roger, if you think that traffic is bad you should have been there during rush hour.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Did you drive the inner city? I did on our last trip and won't make that mistake again! eek
no, but i did drive through Houston yesterday.

-Ken

Fixed it. eek

There really are vehicles other than 4WD pickups? shocked
Originally Posted by eh76

-Ken

Fixed it. eek

yeah, remember i told you thats why my wife wont let me put a grill guard on the truck crazy grin
Originally Posted by eh76

-Ken

Fixed it. eek

yep I used to own a 2WD pickup
no, but i did drive through Houston yesterday.

There's a city that sucks out loud for driving for sure.

Ok, I live 90+ miles north of Boston. I would say that 1 out of 3 vehicles in town is a truck here. If I lived in Boston, unless I had to own a car, I'm not sure I would. They have a good subway and the downtown area isn't huge.

If we are driving to Boston to do the tourist thing or watch a bruins game we take my wife's car as it fits better in the garages - my father had to take air out of his tires in his truck once to get out of a garage due to clearance issues.

Incidentally, I'll be in Houston in another month. Haven't been there in about 10 years - can't say I'm looking forward to the traffic in the loop, or if memory serves me correctly Memorial Parkway.

Originally Posted by temmi

Try Marrying one...

Snake

Check with Steelhead on that one. I think he is happy with his bride, but might want to divorce his Inlaws.

© 24hourcampfire