Home
As many of you may remember from early last year, I (with the help of many here) rescued three Labrador mixed pups (all girls) off the side of the road. Many here contributed money to take care of the vet bills (2 had parvo). Well, long story short. One went into heat and the rascal in my avatar had his way with her. These guys and girls were the result. 8 boys and 4 girls half German Shepherd and Half Lab mix.

I am going to put these guys up here in the hopes that someone on the fire would like one. They are free to the Fire folks here. All I ask is you provide a good home. I am willing to meet within a reasonable distance. I am also willing to ship them via air travel if the costs of the fare and subsequent needed Vet paperwork is covered by the person wanting a pup. I do not want a thing monetarily out of this deal. Just to know these guys and girls are in a good home and giving and receiving love as they should.

There are currently two boys and two girls spoken for, leaving 6 boys and 2 girls still available. Some are all black, others show Shepherd markings.

They will be 6 weeks old on 1/7/14 and will be ready to start going to new homes in about another 1-2 weeks. They are already eating puppy chow and learning to use puppy pads. Kept inside and loved on continuously by my wife and kids. Very well adjusted and socialized, would make excellent family pets.

PM me if you are interested.

Appreciate the fine folks here.

Kirk

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The wife is working me for one of these pups. Good on you.
Be happy to have one go to you and the misses.

I live in Decatur, MS just NW of Meridian.
Man, those are some good looking pups. Better not let my wife see them.........lol.
I'm in no position to take one but FWIW I had a Shep/Lab cross years ago�GREAT dog!
Dad over-seeing the kids.
[Linked Image]

Little rats found a hole their aunt dug.
[Linked Image]
Dad is a looker!

Addendum to FWIW: My lab/shep cross was the dog that got me started in the dog biz�she showed me what a dog was truly capable of�.
Some good looking pups there. The dad looks great. Where did you find him?
Picked him up in Virginia before I moved back South after retiring.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
bump for your new best friend. grin
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Mink
[Linked Image]

This one is headed to Upstate NY.
Anybody we know?
Mudder700
Awesome!

If I were in the market....
Up for another look
I will take one, but only if you can promise me it will eat the little white rug pisser my wife bought.....

Of course I am only kidding, but a man can have dreams can't he.
Bump
All PM's replied to.

Here are the availables with at least one person picking from this group. List will be updated as needed.

Pup 1 Black Boy
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Pup 2 Traditional Girl going to JD730
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Pup 3 Black Boy
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Pup 4 Black Boy
[img]http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a440/Kirk_Minckler/2014_01_07_2511_zps7f0b9e1c.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a440/Kirk_Minckler/2014_01_07_2510_zps9f8d5cdf.jpg[/img]

Pup 5 Traditional Boy
[img]http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a440/Kirk_Minckler/2014_01_07_2513_zps30c6d138.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a440/Kirk_Minckler/2014_01_07_2512_zpsbd85c4f2.jpg[/img]

Pup 6 Traditional Girl
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
For those that have asked, here is the Mom

[Linked Image]
Pup #2 is headed to NY also
My dog, Lenny, approves of this thread.

[Linked Image]
Nice Sable
Morning
Great looking pups. Thanks goodness I don't have anymore room for a dog crate in my house and that my wife didnt see this tread.
Up....still looking for good homes
^^^
#6 looks like she will be going to TN

Still have 5 rambunctious little boys to find homes for. Pass the word please.
Out playing with Dad

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I'm traveling down to pick up our dog from Mink tomorrow. I am in West TN. I know the travel was a deterrent for some. I will gladly pick up a pup for you and meet you part way somewhere if that helps these little fellows find good homes. I know there are guys in middle and east Tennessee that might be interested. Maybe a few West Tennessee fellows might want one too. Let me know and we can figure something out. I would need to do it this coming Friday or weekend depending on my schedule. You will have to talk with Mink on what dogs are available. My kids are already planning on sending letters and pics of the puppy to the few families on here that got the other dogs. They think it would be cool to see what their dog's brothers and sisters are doing. I think my eleven year old is hoping to get a pen pal out of the deal too. What a great way to add to your child's pet ownership and help out some really good dogs. Let me know by late tonight if you are interested. -tnscouter
In reference to my earlier post the pick up time for our pup has been pushed back for a few days. This allows folks more time to realize how much their kids would love to have a puppy and join the "Lager Puppies Pen Pal Club". (Lager is the name of the father.) Anyone in West Tennessee, I will pick up the pup and bring him to you. In middle and East Tennessee I will meet you somewhere convenient to us both sometime this coming Friday or weekend. Let me know. -tnscouter
Woo Boy!!! Those are some cute little buddies!!!

tnscouter, that is one hell of a gesture.
At least 5 still available....all boys.

4 black and 1 traditional
CrimsonTide: Thanks for the kind words. The offer stands for you also. I don't know where in Kentucky you live, but we might be able to work something out if you want a pup.
But folks let me tell you, if Mink's wife could talk to the 'fire, all these pups would have been taken in minutes. I had the pleasure of speaking with her the other night, and her love for these dogs is infectious. Plus, my kids really want to make sure their pup's brothers get good homes and I figured we could make an adventure out of transporting a pup if needed.
Originally Posted by tnscouter
CrimsonTide: Thanks for the kind words. The offer stands for you also. I don't know where in Kentucky you live, but we might be able to work something out if you want a pup.
But folks let me tell you, if Mink's wife could talk to the 'fire, all these pups would have been taken in minutes. I had the pleasure of speaking with her the other night, and her love for these dogs is infectious. Plus, my kids really want to make sure their pup's brothers get good homes and I figured we could make an adventure out of transporting a pup if needed.

Ed, now you know why I have so many rescues.
I really would like to have one, but I'm at my two dog limit right now. Gorgeous pups though, and they can't help but be smart and gentle.

I'm North of Knoxville on I75, for the record. If you ever get out this way, give me a yell and I'll buy you a cup of coffee.
Down to 3 little black male pups needing homes.
2 males left
Originally Posted by Mink

[Linked Image]

2 black boys still available
Last three available, 2 black boys need homes now with the traditional girl on tentative hold.

White spot boy
[Linked Image]

All black boy
[Linked Image]

White spot on left, black boy on right
[Linked Image]

Traditional girl (accepting backups on her)
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Those are going to grow into beautiful dogs. Someone will be very well pleased with them.
Damn you and your expertly done intentionally playful photography...

wink

Wish I had room for the one with the white spot,..looks just like a friend from long ago...

btt..

Got to love that "sports" setting. I typically shoot 3-400 pics to get a couple dozen worth using.
Up
you're killin' me! frown they are great looking pups smile
Originally Posted by eh76
you're killin' me! frown they are great looking pups smile

Keith, no pressure from me bud. I well know what you are dealing with at the moment. Just trying to find some good homes for these guys.
I know, I wish the timing was better and we lived closer. I'd be all over getting one.
Fight scene

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
grin
Up, these guys need their own home
Free brick of Winchester 555 (22lr) with adoption.... grin
Looks like we have homes for all the remaining. Thanks 24hr Campfire.
Had a couple of "back outs" on the traditional marked girl.

She is available again. Awesome demeanor, very playful.
She sure is a cute pup

Traditional girl
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image] [/quote]
eh76��Where are you?

Keith, you NEED this dog! laugh
Worth a watch of this special little girl

Puppy attacking a feather
Originally Posted by ingwe
eh76��Where are you?

Keith, you NEED this dog! laugh

I wish the timing was better. Sam has been gone 3 weeks on Monday the 17th. frown Lucy misses him as much as I do.
I watched the adoptions of these pups with interest back in January. I was planning to get a dog for a retirement gift to myself at the end of Feb., but getting one earlier was not in the cards. I was not able to devote the time and attention to a pup while working. I told Kirk to keep me in mind if any were left Feb. 28.

I pm'ed Kirk last week just for the heck of it but the pups were, as expected, all adopted or spoken for. Then, in a turn of events in my favor, he told me I could take the one he was holding for his son. As we are about 3 hours apart, we arranged to meet about half way. I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. and Mrs. Mink and picking up Max. The comments made earlier in the thread about their love for, and devotion to, these animals are spot on. If you see them around the dogs, it is very obvious.

Max is a magnificent puppy and I hope to have many years of companionship with him. Thanks again to Mink and Mrs. Mink for making him available.
© 24hourcampfire