Home
We are looking at buying a used RV and have found a few that might have promise. On almost all of them, the decorative decals on the sides are peeling and curling at the edges and look like crapp. Anyone know of an easy, non-destructive way to remove these things, they are on there pretty good. Thanks
So a comment about Obama's pubic hair as a scrubber to remove the decal is out of line?

Sorry... wink

Honestly I don't know but you might try a heat gun or ask over at RV.net.
Bushes fault.
If you invited some democratic voting Albanian dwarves over to have an orgy in it... the decals will be gone... along with the walls and everything else.

Kent
Try this link:

http://www.rv.net/forums/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/27238678.cfm
Paint thinner works like magic.
Originally Posted by krp
If you invited some democratic voting Albanian dwarves over to have an orgy in it... the decals will be gone... along with the walls and everything else.

Kent

Originally Posted by Steve
So a comment about Obama's pubic hair as a scrubber to remove the decal is out of line?

Sorry... wink

One thing I like about posting on this board is the thoughtful, insightful and intellectually stimulating replies one gets. laugh
At least there's no religion in this thread, Thank God...

oops...

Kent
[Linked Image]
I use pinstripe wheels on stuff like that. You can get them at Automotive paint stores.
Aren't you the guy that made some remark about enjoying the virtues of the great outdoors when I once asked about generators for an RV? Changed your tune?
Originally Posted by Mink
[Linked Image]

How did this get over here from the AI thread?
Spillage!?!?
jnyork I will ask the guys in the shop what they use, Be back to you in a bit.
If this RV's a rockin'........

smile
They used Cut Through from Chemsearch but say a pressure washer worked better
OK, thanks
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Aren't you the guy that made some remark about enjoying the virtues of the great outdoors when I once asked about generators for an RV? Changed your tune?

Nope, no noisy generator for me, solar panels only.
I have 2 generators. one for each side so I don't discriminate wink
I had to remove the decals off a huge 5th wheel trailer once, I tried pressure washer and heat gun and was making very slow progress. Went to an auto detailing and accessory place in town and they hooked me up with some sort of remover, and it worked like a charm. Don't recall the name, but it smelled rather citrus like. Sped up the process immensely, might be worth checking around your area and see what the pro's are using.
Originally Posted by Mink
[Linked Image]

Wow! Just wow!
Originally Posted by eh76
I have 2 generators. one for each side so I don't discriminate wink

And I took your advice and did the same!

JN, maybe a portable steamer or heat gun?

Originally Posted by xxclaro
I had to remove the decals off a huge 5th wheel trailer once, I tried pressure washer and heat gun and was making very slow progress. Went to an auto detailing and accessory place in town and they hooked me up with some sort of remover, and it worked like a charm. Don't recall the name, but it smelled rather citrus like. Sped up the process immensely, might be worth checking around your area and see what the pro's are using.

^^^

Citrus based adhesive removers work exceedingly well at dissolving the adhesive and all the residue. It won't harm the paint either ... at all. Here's what I use.

[Linked Image]

The problem with old vinyl decals is they become brittle and are difficult to peel off without tearing. A hair dryer has just enough heat to softer the vinyl so that it can peel off and De-Solv-it applied at the edges where it can attack the adhesive helps but it won't magically lift the decal off. You won't find a chemical solution that will bubble the decal off and not harm the paint.

Removing decals requires a two prong approach. Peel the decal off and then remove the adhesive residue.
Had to use a belly buffer to get 50 years of grime off of this one. I pulled it up to the water hose to get the road salt off it and back to the shed it went until this spring.

[Linked Image]
Heat gun is a bit too hot. Hair dryer and once you get started, keep the heat just ahead of where its peeling. It will come right off. Any residue can be removed with mineral spirits or some body prep. Do not use thinner
© 24hourcampfire