Home
Posted By: MadMooner Overachiever - 02/14/14
My pop is a terminal grin overachiever.

Most people get a double, maybe a triple or even a quintuple bypass. Not pop. Nope, he's gotta go for the sextuple bypass.

I flew out Monday after they told him he had some blockage and scheduled the heart surgery. Of course they schedule it for Thursday morning after 10" of snow fell Wednesday night. I was pleased with myself for thinking to throw the chain saw in the truck for the 60 mile drive to Chattanooga. He was pleased with himself when the honey voiced, 20 something blonde nurse fed him dinner and gave him a sponge bath.

Now I'm trying to figure out who should tell him to lay off the biscuits and gravy. He's a bit of a contrary cuss for being 80 and all. eek
Posted By: smokepole Re: Overachiever - 02/14/14
Dang, good luck to him with the recovery. If it was me, and you told me to lay off the biscuits and gravy, I'd probably say the same thing he would.......
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Overachiever - 02/14/14
You'd probably say it nicer whistle
Posted By: RickcNY Re: Overachiever - 02/14/14
Glad he's doing well,God bless you all
Posted By: anachronism Re: Overachiever - 02/14/14
An all or nothing kind of guy! I'm glad it's all working for him!
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Overachiever - 02/15/14
Thanks!

Kinda a crazy couple days. I'm just thankful it went well, I ain't ready to say goodbye to my hero.

Posted By: eh76 Re: Overachiever - 02/15/14
MadMooner you are a lucky man to still have your Pop. Mine would have been about the same age. Best wishes for a quick recovery for your Pop!
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Overachiever - 02/15/14
I'm glad your Pop is doing well, I'm also glad you still have him.
© 24hourcampfire