Home
http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/what-state-do-you-actually-belong-in?bffb
Texas for me. Texas for my wife. Texas where I already spent part of my life.
Wyoming.
I've visited most of them, lived in some, and I'm right where I belong.
I can't believe it.

Quiz nailed me. Dead on:

You got: Wyoming

You have a penchant for enjoying the �little things� in life. You�re not one to get swept up in whatever the hot new drama is, you�ve got bigger fish to fry. You might even have a literal fish to fry. You�re a great person to know, someone who loves to kick it and talk about whatever. Fish fries, shrubs, sports, politics, it doesn�t matter. You be you.
Mine said North Dakota, never been there. Maybe I'll look into it.
Wisconsin? You gotta be kidding me.
Mine came up State of.... Confusion.

With the way things are going in this country, I think I've already arrived.
[Linked Image]
Ecstasy, but not there as often as I should be.
Posted By: SKane Re: What State Do You Belong In? - 02/14/14
New Hampshire? WTH? Not that there's anything wrong NH of course.

"Live free or DIE HARD. You�re a regular John McClane. You�re a problem solver, someone who is ready to handle whatever situation comes their way. No job is too big. You�re a motivated individual and someone who isn�t afraid to take on projects others are too nervous to take on. YIPEE KI YAY!"

BobinNH - clean out the spare bedroom for me, there's work to be done. laugh
Texas.

Whataburger is the best fest food hamburger in the whole world.
I got Wyoming also. That may bea busy place years down the road. T be honest though I think I would fly right over Wyoming and go back home to AK.
Wyoming.

Maybe it was the Taco John's pick. Started in Cheyenne. And I was stationed there for 6 years. I love that place.
I got Wyoming. It read my mind.

I figured I'd be flying to NEW YORK ~ cool

But I landed in IOWA ~ frown
Washington...........
It put me in Kentucky. My people came from there and moved to Mississippi and then to Arkansas, right before the civil war. miles
For some reason I landed in Kentucky.
I got Wyoming too. I took the quiz twice cause I had a hard time with picking a landscape picture. The first time I got Minnesota. Their is no way that's right. So I took it over and got Wyoming. I can live with that. I could never be a yank.
It nailed me! Kentucky.
Iowa?
I'm sure it's a nice place, but never considered it as where I might belong.
Didn't even know that anywhere but the west was an option.
Did it yesterday on Facebook and again here today with the same result: Texas. Guess "you can take the boy out of Texas, etc".
California??!!
I couldn't even answer the first 2 questions so stopped there.

Word, Sammo.
I couldn't figure out 50% of the things they had you vote on, or had never heard of them.
I said F'it.
Posted By: ingwe Re: What State Do You Belong In? - 02/14/14
I belong in Montana. Don't need to be tested on that... grin
I got Vermont.
Posted By: krp Re: What State Do You Belong In? - 02/14/14
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Yep, nothing related to Az as choices, I bet there isn't a combo that gets you there. I recognized 3 of the fast food places and none are close to my favorite.

I ended up with Wy from the choices available.

Kent
Wyoming
Wyoming or Idaho
i'm pissed i'm not smart enough to even find out how to take the quiz...where do i go to start ?
signed , older and more adelpated hen i would like to think..
Yep, nothing related to Az as choices, I bet there isn't a combo that gets you there.
Music screwed you too. No Merle Haggard to choose from. I had to flip a coin between Johnny Cash and Hank Williams. miles
Interestingly, I took it again, all answers the same, except last one (outdoor photo) and got Washington again........
Without reading anything but the title I am pretty sure my answer is... Inebriation.

Crap! I got Mass. I am not a Masshole!
Hawaii....WTF?

Why move anywhere else? You�re your own person but that doesn�t mean you don�t have anytime for anyone else. You�re always a shoulder to lean on, and a person people can talk to. Let�s be honest: you�re probably the most attractive person in the room. You also have big waves. Big, wonderful waves.
Intoxication? where's that?

Okay, they said "Ohio". I'm gonna go eat worms now.
I got Kentucky. Parts of it look like Tennessee I guess.
Tennessee.
somebody help me out here...went to the sight but dont know how to take the quiz...HELP !
Posted By: EdM Re: What State Do You Belong In? - 02/14/14

Same here so I guess I am stuck with the places I have chosen, Texas and Idaho. grin
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Texas for me. Texas for my wife. Texas where I already spent part of my life.

If only we had a few more mountains, and more snow and less heat, I don't think I could find much more of an ideal state... well there has always been the hankering for AK....

Quiz wouldn't open for me....
Wyoming for me...
Posted By: T LEE Re: What State Do You Belong In? - 02/15/14
You got: Wyoming.

Surprised hell out of me!
Sounds like Wyoming is the default setting for anyone that made it thru the gauntlet. Either that or "they're" trying to herd us all into one place for The Big Roundup. Nice and open, easy shooting in Wyoming...
WTF? Wyoming...been tellin' Mrs. Dan that for years.

Tan Dan
Posted By: KC Re: What State Do You Belong In? - 02/15/14

I got Minnesota. Wow! That can' be right.

KC

Says Bama, but I prefer where I am, in FL.
First time=Nebraska
Second time=Kentucky

Third time I did the opposite=Washington. LOL!
Wyoming for me too. Read my mind.
I drew Wyoming also........cool place, I could easily live in one of those small towns, away from the masses......
Alaska
Sez Wyoming for me. Knows me better than I know myself. Ya I'd move to Wyoming in a sec. Jest got to Missouri. Who ever heard of a WyomingEd?

I'm a Wyoming candidate, too.

Douglas or Glenrock would work just fine.

kd

Posted By: saj Re: What State Do You Belong In? - 02/15/14
Wyoming
I got Wyoming, wife got Nebraska...I guess that justifies my recent Mackey Custom Hat from...Wyoming.
Posted By: byc Re: What State Do You Belong In? - 02/15/14

Too funny. I simply went to answer the question and then decided to scroll back before posting. Saw this and here's my post to the question.
Posted By: jimjr Re: What State Do You Belong In? - 02/15/14
Kentucky for me. Some big deer in KY.
Posted By: Boise Re: What State Do You Belong In? - 02/15/14
Wisconsin - I want a do over.
I drew Wyoming too. I've been to Wyoming and I like what I've seen and the people, but I think I'll stay put.

Of course when Alaska wins independent autonomy, I'd be more than happy to invite Wyoming to join us.
Posted By: eh76 Re: What State Do You Belong In? - 02/15/14
I'm here! grin
Originally Posted by eh76
I'm here! grin

Me too Keith...
All you have to do belong in Texas is pick Wataburger and Mathew McConaughey.
Originally Posted by ingwe
I belong in Montana. Don't need to be tested on that... grin

Yes you do whistle
Posted By: 700LH Re: What State Do You Belong In? - 02/15/14
Georgia
Wife sent that to me last night.

I got Wyoming, she got North Dakota.

But I didn't recognize half the actors and movies to pick from. So it's kinda hard to say how they come up with answers.
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
I'm here! grin

Me too Keith...

Negative. I did, and I'm supposed to live in...

You got: Illinois
Florida. I lived there for nine years, so I do like it and would move back.
Well crap...I guess being a John Spicoli fan, banished me to hell.
Alaska but I'm in Washington. I'd rather be in Alaska and I have been there 3 times.
Alaska, it says, which I think would be pretty close. Didn't know any of the fast food joints or most of the actors, don't like babies or give a schitt about their names so I just picked one and moved on. They probably just go by the picture at the end anyway.
I got Montana.

If it said NJ....I was gonna suck start a Glock.
Sorry guys WY is full ...we are looking to evict people.....
Washington which is close enough. The profile description is spot on, however.

Since it's Washington, they need to ask which strain of bud I like best...
Iowa

Really, Iowa?
I got Wyoming. Where in hell is Wyoming?
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
I'm here! grin

Me too Keith...

Negative. I did, and I'm supposed to live in...

You got: Illinois

Damn brother... Don't believe I'd a told that... grin
You got: Wyoming
Utah for me. Never been there but I've always thought it'd be nice to visit.
Originally Posted by KC

I got Minnesota. Wow! That can' be right.

KC

Me too, so I went back and changed the restaurant and that's all. ended up with wyoming. I too thought that can't be right. lol
Looks like I am heading to Kansas.
Posted By: Otter Re: What State Do You Belong In? - 02/15/14
Got the state I was born in and lived the first fifty years of my life in - NEBRASKA. I have NO intention of moving back there, I'm just getting too old to deal with the climatic extremes anymore (although NW Arkansas has been a trial this year grin ).
I picked Dunkin Donuts even though I consider that a coffee/donut shop, not a fast food joint. Only other place on the list I have eaten is Popeyes (on the Pa. Turnpike) and have never even seen any of the others.

Anyhow, ended up with Iowa. I could do that I guess except they don't allow rifles for deer hunting as far as I know.

Dale
I'm home...

[Linked Image]

Mississippi
I love New York "North New York State"that is..
Illinois. Again. Who the [bleep] belongs in Illinois?
Sorry guys WY is full ...we are looking to evict people.....

eh76;
Hopefully this finds you and yours well tonight sir.

As with many of my cyber 'Fire companions I struggled with a few of the questions, but it said I should go to Wyoming anyway..... wink

I've told this one before, but the last time we were down in Cody a fellow from Chicago or some large urban center east of there started asking me questions about where to go for this and that in the area.

When I told him I was from BC he had a hard time accepting it as fact. He pointedly told me I looked like a local....whatever that meant. confused laugh

Honestly if I could convince my good wife to retire there, I'd move to Ennis, MT any day.

It's pretty close to Wyoming as I recall. grin

Have a good evening sir and all the best to you and yours.

Dwayne
Texas naturally.
Originally Posted by KEVIN_JAY
I got Wyoming. Where in hell is Wyoming?

It is imaginary ..it doesn't exist.

Zero?
Mine turned up as Colorado. Ironically I have threatened to stay there after my last couple hunts there.
Wyoming. And the description was pretty close if I say so myself.

At least it didn't specify Jackson.
Tennessee ...

"It�s hard to find a kinder person than yourself. You�re a person anyone can find something in common with, someone that can find a solution to even the muddiest of problems. You always have an air of confidence about you and it shows. Also, I feel like I need to say this: you�re the only Ten I See."

Well, it's true that I'd never kick a puppy, nor shoot a robin unless I was starving. That said, ... I've never been to Tennessee, but I've seen lots of pictures, and some of it looks really inviting to me. And now, I'm curious; Are people in Tennessee known for being especially "kind"?

By the way, I'm quite content here, in northern Wisconsin, but I think the friendliest people I've ever run into were inhabitants of South Dakota.
Posted By: Mac84 Re: What State Do You Belong In? - 02/15/14
You got: Alaska

Do you like trees? I�m guessing you like trees. Good news: Alaska has a lot of trees. You�re someone who appreciates kickin� back and watching the day go by. Being stressed out is never on your plan for the day. Here�s to taking to easy.

Take it again Pat,and pretend that you are me. grin
We'll get you where you belong eventually. laugh
Whataburger's not as good as it once was, but neither am I. Then again it was still better than all the others on the list. Matthew McConaghay ain't as good as John Wayne or Clint, but they weren't on the list either. They didn't have David Alan Coe to choose from.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
They didn't have David Alan Coe to choose from.

Well, I was thumbin' from Montgomery -
Had my guitar on my back -
When a stranger stopped beside me in an antique Cadillac.
He was dressed like 1950 - half drunk and hollow-eyed.
He said, "It's a long walk to Nashville. Would you like a ride, son?"
I sat down in the front seat. He turned on the radio,
And them sad old songs comin' out of them speakers was solid country gold.
Then I noticed the stranger was ghost-white pale when he asked me for a light
And I knew there was something strange about this ride.
He said, "Drifter, can you make folks cry when you play and sing?
Have you paid your dues?
Can you moan the Blues?
Can you bend them guitar strings?"
He said, "Boy, can you make folks feel what you feel inside?
'Cause if you're big-star bound, let me warn you it's a long, hard ride."
Then he cried just south of Nashville and he turned that car around.
He said, "This is where you get off, Boy, 'Cause I'm goin' back to Alabam'."
As I stepped out of that Cadillac, I said, "Mister, many thanks."
He said, "You don't have to call me 'Mister', Mister;
The whole world called me 'Hank'!"
He said, "Drifter, can you make folks cry when you play and sing?
Have you paid your dues?
Can you m-o-o-oan the Blues?
He said, " Drifter, can you make folks cry when you play and sing?
Have you paid your dues?
Can you m-o-o-oan the Blues?
If you're big-star bound, let me warn you it's a long, hard ride.
Even if you ain't big star bound it can be a long, hard ride. Coal burn stove and no natural gas...
It chose my birth state, Wyoming for me.

Hell, the last time I lived there, Ben, Adam, Hoss, and Little Joe were the honorary marshalls of the Frontier Days Parade smile

Not a bad pick at all if it weren't for my tenure here in Alaska. This place can (and will) certainly grow on a feller...
Posted By: tdbob Re: What State Do You Belong In? - 02/15/14
Maine? Never been there. Looks like a nice place to visit.
Wyoming
Another Wyoming, although the choices they give you surely didn't match my real answers to most of those questions.
Mississippi first time, Vermont the second...Heck I don't even know all the musicians or actors, don't watch many movies (for the movie quotes). What state do you get if you're out of touch?
Originally Posted by benchman
Mississippi first time, Vermont the second...Heck I don't even know all the musicians or actors, don't watch many movies (for the movie quotes). What state do you get if you're out of touch?
District of Columbia.
Vermont for me.
Must have been Phish.
Wyoming here. Although if "none of the above", would have been a viable answer, it would have fit about half the questions.

maddog
it missed me by 50miles ,i live in va and it picked west virginia . i'm 50 miles from the state line
gave me mass one place i would never live

You�re tough as nails and not afraid to tell people what you really think. That can work for or against you at times, but it all doesn�t matter. You�re a unique person, and someone who doesn�t care what others think. You�re as humble as you are rambunctious. You could also beat Coumo in a fist fight.
Me too!

Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
[Linked Image]
Minnesota??? That was a stupid quiz.
Originally Posted by seal_billy
I got Wyoming too. I took the quiz twice cause I had a hard time with picking a landscape picture. The first time I got Minnesota.

This is what happened to me as well.
Just recording the description for future reference.

You got: Washington
You�re a bit of an introvert, someone who prefers to stay relaxing at night rather than being forced to go to the club. You don�t care about being the center of attention, you just do your own thing. You prefer to do things on your own terms, whatever those terms may be. You�re not one to get caught up in drama.
Wyoming here.
You got: Virginia

You�re the ORIGINAL. People look to you for advice and follow your example. You�re a well-rounded person: professional but not afraid to cut loose from time to time. You�re mature at the same time you�re immature. You refuse to be pigeon-holed into one group or another and that�s something to admire.

That kinda sounds like me but WTH.........Virginia? I want enough questions so I end up in WY or MT. grin
I can simplify this.

Everyone taking this seriously is in the state of Delusion for believing that a one size fits all quiz can define something as infinitely varied as a human personality, especially since all of the results seem to be mildly to wildly flattering and all include some allusion to "you are yourself".

I'd give the quiz a lot more credibility if even one person ended up in New Jersey with a description of "you're a self centered drama queen and a complete [bleep]."

Spoken with no rancor as one who does things on his own terms... wink

The guys who got New Jersey the first time took the test again and picked "Whattaburger" that time.
constant agitation, evidently,...unless I medicate it away.

,...which I do on occasion.
Took it twice, changed several answers the second time, and got Wyoming both times!
1D
Originally Posted by 222Rem
You got: Virginia

You�re the ORIGINAL. People look to you for advice and follow your example. You�re a well-rounded person: professional but not afraid to cut loose from time to time. You�re mature at the same time you�re immature. You refuse to be pigeon-holed into one group or another and that�s something to admire.

That kinda sounds like me but WTH.........Virginia? I want enough questions so I end up in WY or MT. grin

Being a native of Virginia, I think that is a good description of them... and would have been proud of that answer....

but I took the test and figured I have to be a real horses asss...you guys who got Wyoming lucked out...

I was accused of being a Good New Yorker!!!

I gotta do a retake...or else do as Mad Mooner said.. "suck start a Glock.."
What State Do You Actually Belong In?

You got: Utah
People might think you�re a bit weird, but honestly: you�re the kindest person in any room. You�ve got nothing by nice things to say to people and you�re always there to lend an ear. While Nevada and Colorado are out running around town, you�re being responsible at home making sure you�ve taken care of everything you need to get done.

second time around... that's better than NY by a long shot...
On the TV show question I answered "Justified," which is probably how they arrived at Virginia. I DON'T watch the show because I'm secretly hoping to move to eastern KY. eek
Posted By: krp Re: What State Do You Belong In? - 02/16/14
Justified, whataburger and an elk get you Wy... which seems to be the default western state as they couldn't think of 50 sugary descriptions to bolster self esteem issues...

Kent
I could have lived with Illinois over New York!

Geesh.....

Geographically I love the land etc in NY State... its just 98% of the people that is tough to deal with...

everyone there isn't a good guy like Evil Twin....
I've never been east of Texas and was only there once in '79... or north of northern Nevada... most of the context in the questionnaire doesn't resonate.

Kent
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
WTF? Wyoming...been tellin' Mrs. Dan that for years.

Tan Dan

Wyoming for me as well Dan......but then again my master plan has to do with being a Wyoming resident and a Florida Snowbird! grin
Looks like Texas...which I'm not terribly far from. Thought I'd get Wyoming....
Wyo. for me as well.
Mine says Wyoming, I'm not sure I could handle the 6-months of winter. I've always loved visiting Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho, but I'm just not a cold weather person, this years winter in Southern Kentucky has been too cold for my taste.
Posted By: ingwe Re: What State Do You Belong In? - 02/16/14
Originally Posted by krp
I've never been east of Texas and was only there once in '79... or north of northern Nevada... most of the context in the questionnaire doesn't resonate.

Kent

Kinda same here, the only fast food I recognized was Taco johns, don't have the others here�.
Round here fast food means first to the roadkill...

Kent
Wyoming for me..
Have took this test before, I'm in it. smile

Gunner
Ok.....I bit.....and they say I belong in ...

MINNESOTA.???

[bleep] that! I am trying to escape NH! Why would I go to Minnesota!

Sonofabitch!

Grab 'ol Redneck and y'all get the hell outta there..........quick!!!!! laugh

Gunner
Posted By: clos Re: What State Do You Belong In? - 02/17/14
I got Wyoming.
Washington. You couldn't get me outta FL, born here, gonna die here
I am where I belong, Montana. How you can pick a baby picture or music for a party you will never attend, has anything to do with where you belong, is the logic that got Obama elected...
I looked at the first two questions, and noted NONE of the above was my 'favorite', so I left the quiz... I must not live in the US.. laugh laugh
Wyoming it is..
Posted By: temmi Re: What State Do You Belong In? - 02/17/14
Texas
Posted By: docdb Re: What State Do You Belong In? - 02/17/14
New Hampshire
Posted By: eh76 Re: What State Do You Belong In? - 02/17/14
there's your answer!
Wyoming here too.
Alabama...Gulf Coast, Yeah...
Posted By: Mink Re: What State Do You Belong In? - 02/17/14
Wyoming
Illinois?? You kidding; it would take 4 Clydesdales hooked up to drag me there. Maybe I should not have picked Al Green for music; but I like the Rev. Al.
© 24hourcampfire