Home
?????> co-worker received from estate closing ...looks like a shode' built browning /hell the words even look had stamped... ....any of u fellows familiar with this type pistol...I cant surf the web here at work... blush ...i'm waiting for here to get pics..
No Comprende, is that the brand name? Gimme some info and I'll do a little searching for ya.
I have a "Unique" .22LR semi-auto, it's French made. Mine shoots great and it looks like a Beretta knock off.

Here is more on the gun you asking about.

http://milpas.cc/rifles/ZFiles/Fren.../French%20Unique%20Mod%2017%20Pistol.htm

Unusual French made pistol 7.65 calibre marked B.N.C.I which stands for Banque Nationale Commerce Et Industrie. A rare example of a very interesting pistol.This example was made during the German occupation of France you can tell this as the Germans had the pistol modified with an external hammer and a curved grip frame. This was designated the Kriegsmodell.
Heh, I'm still trying to parse "Court 9 Coups".
Originally Posted by Calhoun

2nd Picture in the link nebassman posted

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/163934-WW2-Bringback-7-65-Court-9-Coups-Unique

"7,65 court" was stamped onto the .32 ACP's to distinguish the caliber from the 1935's 7.65 long (Petter).

Astra Model 1915 clone. French use literally millions of them in the Great War..
Originally Posted by eh76

2nd Picture in the link nebassman posted

Ah, got it. Site blocked from here, so couldn't see it.
Okay, so here's the story.

In WW I France had many pistols in service. One of which was the "Unique" .32 ACP which was a copy of the Colt 1903 with some improvements to facilitate manufacture. Often these are called "Ruby" pistols because many came from Spain with the "Ruby" model designation on them. There are even some Spanish made "Unique" pistols that say "Unique" on them. The Spanish gun industry in Eibar Spain is even today much like Birmingham England in the late 19th century. Every 3rd business is making parts for or supporting the gun industry in some way or another.

They will vary mostly in the length of the grip frame, from smallish like the Colt 1903 to hilariously long in rare cases. They all tend to be good quality pistols that will function well if fed FMJ's from a good condition magazine.

The "Unique" tends to fetch about 5%-10% more than comparable Spanish Ruby pistols.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Astra Model 1915 clone. French use literally millions of them in the Great War..
Yep, another one of the "Ruby" type pistols.
thanks so-far guys ...i'm still waiting on pics/email will post when I recive ...the fellow who owned it was a guard at the pentagon ...long ago
Cool. I knew France was taking sidearms from many sources (they ordered a bunch of 32's from Savage for WWI). Had to be a headache for their armorers to keep parts/magazines handy for all the different ones.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Yup that's a Ruby.
© 24hourcampfire