Home
Posted By: Allan S. RSO - 03/23/14
I completed an NRA Range Safety Officer course yesterday. Nine hours at a cost of $50. RSO cert will allow me a key(after a year of good standing) to our 300 yd range and two more days per week with other RSO members. Anyone else involved?

Allan
Posted By: T LEE Re: RSO - 03/23/14
Been one for a long time as well as a pistol instructor and Refuse to be a Victim instructor.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: RSO - 03/23/14
Since the mid 80's with the Canadian Federation of Shooting Sports, and since '94 or '95 with the NRA.

can tell you that today's shooting public is DIFFERENT, and I have little, if any desire to run "public" ranges anymore.

Luck,

GTC
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: RSO - 03/23/14
Was an NRA Certified instructor for Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Home Firearms Safety for about 12 years in the 90's and early 2000's but let the certification drop some years ago. Also took the Idaho F&G RSO course for our local range but for mostly selfish reasons - now I can shoot there any day from 8:00 to sunset, including (and especially) the days when it's closed to the public. I do help out assisting the main RSO during the crazy days of August and September when everyone is sighting in and every station on the line is full.
Posted By: Allan S. Re: RSO - 03/23/14
CCW class next month. Picking up my air weight S&W Monday. need help picking an IWB and ankle holster.

Allan
Same reasons here. Regular members only have acc. 4-6 days /mo.
Private range. Only eight miles from the house. Black powder, cowboy and archery clubs use the range also. Only two hundred members, about 80 are RSOs.

Allan
I'm going red tail perch catchin(not fish'n). You gents have a great day!

Allan
Posted By: T LEE Re: RSO - 03/23/14
Originally Posted by Allan S.
CCW class next month. Picking up my air weight S&W Monday. need help picking an IWB and ankle holster.

Allan

Look at the Don Hume and Kramer offerings for IWB, I do not recommend ankle holsters. Get a good stiff belt to go with the holster and stay away from the ballistic nylon ones, good leather will last a long time. If the gun is SS or other non rusting material, a Barami "Hip Grip" with a Tyler "T-Grip" is the best concealment out there IWB. Also check with steelhead, he seems to have a grip that does the same thing all in one IIRC.
© 24hourcampfire