Home
They were all lined up at the doors waiting for opening, it was a stampede to the ammo isle, they were grabbing CCI mini mag boxes as fast as their pudgy hands could wrap around them. All I could imagine is they learned that behavior from eating at the Golden Corral on shrimp and crab legs night. Their body weight backs that up. For 7.99 a box, I passed them up. I am more then sure they will show up on Craigslist for Armslist before the day is out, because they do not look they get out much. Again their weight backs that up.
For 7.99 a box, I passed them up.

Should have jumped. They'll be triple that next year.
Originally Posted by watch4bear

I went looking for some 140gr & 150gr Sierra 7mm bullets, I have 4 boxes for the 525 bulk pack for now, that I bought over a year ago.
Sickening.........
Whats the rabbit population like in the san luis valley?
Originally Posted by clos

I went looking for some 140gr & 150gr Sierra 7mm bullets, I have 4 boxes for the 525 bulk pack for now, that I bought over a year ago.

You don't shoot much 22 then do you?
I definitely would have grabbed some, but not to sell..........
Whats the rabbit population like in the san luis valley?

Wish I knew, have not been rabbit hunting down there for some time now, when I lived down there with my grandparents, my GPa and I would go all the time, (Sadly grandparents have passed some time back) I wish I knew of a good place close to Denver, so I can take my boys.
ah denver, gotcha.
Originally Posted by teal

You don't shoot much 22 then do you?

I do but, with the shortages going on I shoot it sparingly. I let my older son just shoot the .243 instead for practice.
They were all lined up at the doors waiting for opening, it was a stampede to the ammo isle, they were grabbing CCI mini mag boxes as fast as their pudgy hands could wrap around them. All I could imagine is they learned that behavior from eating at the Golden Corral on shrimp and crab legs night. Their body weight backs that up. For 7.99 a box, I passed them up. I am more then sure they will show up on Craigslist for Armslist before the day is out, because they do not look they get out much. Again their weight backs that up.

Those are guys are the cream of the crop the best shooting athletes the state of Colorado has produced. I'm sure they will be at the next tanner gun show in Denver selling them for $20 bucks a box.
ah denver, gotcha.

What's your point?
Originally Posted by RobJordan
ah denver, gotcha.

What's your point?

By my location, I think he believes, I still live in the San Luis Valley.
I'm willing to trade one box of CCI Mini-mags for a Golden Corral shrimp and crab legs night gift certificate.

grin

I'd hate to know I was such a pig as to have my job being the scalper of 22 bullets. sick

What a bunch of losers.

Gunner
Guy at the counter says it is the same group of people that show up on their shipment day also and buy what they can.
Yes, they are exercising capitalism during panic.

Gunner
Gopher season is about to kick off here,so .22 ammo is getting a bit more scarce than usual. Still all the Remington stuff you want, and lots of individual boxes of Federal and Winchester, just fewer bulk packs.I picked up a 525 of Federals, a brick of American Eagle and a couple hundred Power Points yesterday, just to make sure I'm set for a bit. Might have about 4000 roundsof .22 currently, which honestly should last me a long time.

I don't "plink", as least not as I understand the term. If its summer then there are gophers out somewhere, so I go shoot them. I will do some free hand practice in the back yard, but that usually consists of maybe 20 slow, careful shots. I'm not very good, but hopefully I'll get better. I figure blazing away all willy nilly isn't going to help me much.
Our local Cabelas had a door buster special last Saturday where they sold 1000 round boxes of 22's for $45. I'm told there was a fist fight at the front door prior to opening. Story I'm told was someone was jumping the line and it got ugly.

Damn, battle of the cholesterol geezers at Cabelas. shocked

I liken these cornholers to the greedy fu_ks at the hardware/lumber stores that jack plywood up to 60 bucks a sheet with impending storms on the way. mad

Gunner
AS to
Denver prices, last week at the gunshow saw two guys buy three boxes of CCI SV, 100 count @........ 70 each box. $210 for 300 shots. The seller is one I have bought off and on from for years, he is getting to that retirement age though and his prices... apparently is thinking of Florida for his end of times. Will say though, he does have powder, primers and 22LR.
Will say though, he does have powder, primers and 22LR.

I'll bet he see's right through them democrats grin
I was in a local Man's 2'nd hand store the other day. It is called Reload. This young man and his wife walk in with a hard side case containing a couple 22 rifles, (I could not see what brand or model) and two bricks of 22 lr Blazer as well as a few stray 50 rd boxes of 22LR.

He was asking the proprietor for $100 per brick and $8 for each of the loose 50 rd packs. Apparently the rifles were likewise priced because I heard the proprietor explaining to the young man he probably should not believe everything he hears or even reads on internet chat rooms.

I saw the disappointed kid walk back to his pickup carrying all he brought in.
Originally Posted by fish head
I'm willing to trade one box of CCI Mini-mags for a Golden Corral shrimp and crab legs night gift certificate.

grin

Boys and I refer to the Golden Corral as "the Guilded Trough".
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Gopher season is about to kick off here,so .22 ammo is getting a bit more scarce than usual. Still all the Remington stuff you want, and lots of individual boxes of Federal and Winchester, just fewer bulk packs.I picked up a 525 of Federals, a brick of American Eagle and a couple hundred Power Points yesterday, just to make sure I'm set for a bit. Might have about 4000 roundsof .22 currently, which honestly should last me a long time.

I don't "plink", as least not as I understand the term. If its summer then there are gophers out somewhere, so I go shoot them. I will do some free hand practice in the back yard, but that usually consists of maybe 20 slow, careful shots. I'm not very good, but hopefully I'll get better. I figure blazing away all willy nilly isn't going to help me much.

Saw some gophers out today while I was down near Cypress Hills. Zipping around on top of the snow, they were not impressed!
.22 is getting short around here too, likely due to gopher season coming up. Saw the same thing happen last year about this time then lots of it showed up by end April. I still have around 5000 rounds from last year though.
Originally Posted by gunner500
Yes, they are exercising capitalism during panic.

Gunner

And the retailer selling it at those prices is exercising their right to stupid.

Travis
© 24hourcampfire