Home
....to compensate for Social Security overpayments made to your parents in error.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/tax-refunds-seized-235550455.html
Once again, I've never understood why people have refunds.
Why not just sell her off as a slave? Debtor's prison won't generate any revenue.
Sounds about on par with the utter insanity that's become pretty standard from the Federal Government. Needless to say, it runs directly counter to the rule of law, but so does so much else that's happening lately.
flat tax would solve this
Originally Posted by Colorado1135

It would solve a lot of things here. smile
Posted By: RDW Re: IRS seizing tax refunds.... - 04/13/14

A flat tax and a tax on EVERY person that works.

The college students making 7K a year like my own 18 and 19 year olds, the divorced 25 year old mother of two making 18K a year, and all the other pukes who simply work enough to pay rent and by cigarettes and beer.

More people, not necessarily all will take ownership of the country and more will pay attention when .GOV wants to raise taxes to pay for those who suck tit.

bullspit
Originally Posted by RDW

The college students making 7K a year like my own 18 and 19 year olds, the divorced 25 year old mother of two making 18K a year, and all the other pukes who simply work enough to pay rent and by cigarettes and beer.
More people, not necessarily all will take ownership of the country and more will pay attention when .GOV wants to raise taxes to pay for those who suck tit.

And abolish EVERY form of welfare for every able bodied person capable of working...period.
Originally Posted by vapodog
bullspit

how would it not?

everyone pays the same percentage, no one gets a refund.
no refund to "confiscate" problem solved. IRS can shrink down to a fraction of the "employees" because it is simplified. people will be a lot more cautious as to who they elect. govt will be motivated to allow economy to grow because the more it makes, more gov gets in taxes. it actually solves a lot of problems really.

please explain your position
Everyone pays, no refunds.

Made $1 last year? [bleep] you pay me 10 cents

Made $10,000 last year? [bleep] you pay me $1,000

Made $100,000,000 last year? [bleep] you pay me $10,000,000.
if there is any form of welfare then those on it will lose it if they have a child, and can't vote while receiving "assistance".
they also have to pass a drug test and be subject to random tests.
Everyone pays, no refunds.

I have thought the same for a long time. I am still pizzed about having to pay income tax on my social security payments. I was taxed on that money they held out from me all along. miles
bullspit

No a flat tax, with no deductions and no credits would solve alot. Especially if you take away the automatic withholdings and force people to actually write a check every quarter.

No earned income credit for the whores

No deductions, personal or business

12% personal tax. Up to 250,000 personal income. 17% after that. 25% for business taxes
I disagree with an increase based on income amounts. Nothing more FAIR than FAIR.

Everyone pays the same, no kids, 10 kids, making a billion a year, making 10K a year.
would someone explain how the method of taxation will fix the problem of the IRS seizing the refund of children of people that were overpaid by social security?.....can anyone here actually read?
No refunds for anyone. Can you actually read?

Hard to seize money from refunds if there ain't any damn refunds.
Originally Posted by gitem_12
bullspit

No a flat tax, with no deductions and no credits would solve alot. Especially if you take away the automatic withholdings and force people to actually write a check every quarter.

12% personal tax. Up to 250,000 personal income. 17% after that. 25% for business taxes

How is this a "flat" tax? --->> 12% personal tax. Up to 250,000 personal income. 17% after that. 25% for business taxes.
I agree, and 12% seems a little high to me, I bet 10 would get the job done just fine.

and there is no "deficit spending" turn lots of stuff over to the states, like national parks and forests. eliminate the bulk of BS gov spending. also federal civilian employees get paid whatever the average income is for the home county/city they live in. senators and congressmen included.
Originally Posted by Jocko_Slugshot
bullspit

How is this a "flat" tax? --->> 12% personal tax. Up to 250,000 personal income. 17% after that. 25% for business taxes.

It's flat because their are no deductions or credits available to you regardless of bracket
Originally Posted by Steelhead

If you're on a fixed income, then it's pretty easy to have the proper amount withheld.

Some of us have variable monthly incomes and have to make estimated payments. If you underestimate too often, you get penalized. So, you have to slightly overestimate and then get a refund.
Government spending and thieves in government is the problem, not the tax system. Even if you go to a flat tax and don't cure the source of the problem, you will wind up paying a lot more than 10%.

Start with 10% of your income, then pay health tax, sin tax on anything not healthy, air quality tax on mileage over what is determined reasonable, too many children tax, inequality of resources tax if you own too much land. ETC ETC ETC.

The problem is largeness of government and leaders drunk on power and tax money. This is the problem which must be fixed.
"It's flat because their are no deductions or credits available to you regardless of bracket."

Incremental brackets are not flat, they are "progressive."

"Passed in the 2008 farm Bill" very interesting to say the least. I'd like to see who authored the bill at least that part.
Posted By: bea175 Re: IRS seizing tax refunds.... - 04/13/14
Flat Tax in-bedded in everything you buy is the answer . No one regardless of their income should be exempt . You would then pay the amount of taxes for the income you have earned and not depend on other who have worked harder to pay your share . This country would save billions of dollars by eliminating most of the IRS.
No refunds for anyone.

Right, as far as it goes, but in a case like this the .gov would just try to collect the SS overpayment via some other channel.

Hard for me to understand the legality of holding anyone other than the person who received the overpaid benefit liable for payback.

MM
Posted By: Calvin Re: IRS seizing tax refunds.... - 04/13/14

Not really sure I follow you. No business deductions? What does that mean? If it costs a farmer 200k to run his farm, and he brings in 250k in revenue, that means he pays 12% tax on 250k?
Posted By: horse1 Re: IRS seizing tax refunds.... - 04/13/14
Put me in the "No income tax at all" camp.

Straight-up consumption tax. 1 sales tax rate for any/all purchasing, no exemptions.
Originally Posted by horse1

Straight-up consumption tax. 1 sales tax rate for any/all purchasing, no exemptions.
+1 Everyone will feel it, and everyone will work to reduce the flat sales tax, and thus government spending too.
Posted By: Karnis Re: IRS seizing tax refunds.... - 04/13/14
I disagree with an increase based on income amounts. Nothing more FAIR than FAIR.

Everyone pays the same, no kids, 10 kids, making a billion a year, making 10K a year.

Yep and something I never hear mentioned is the incentive provided to the feds for a healthy economy.
Originally Posted by RDW

I'd prefer a tax on everyone in the form of a consumption tax. You'll have more people dropping out of the workforce, and collecting .gov benefits. I'd like a 8% flat tax on income, and a 5% tax (just made up numbers) on consumption. That way, everybody pays.
Posted By: jdm953 Re: IRS seizing tax refunds.... - 04/13/14
I agree.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

+1 Everyone will feel it, and everyone will work to reduce the flat sales tax, and thus government spending too.
Originally Posted by Karnis
Mi

Yep and something I never hear mentioned is the incentive provided to the feds for a healthy economy.

Problem you have is that the economy will take a giant hit if you tax the poor. Poor people spend every dime they have. By keeping money with the poor, you are guaranteeing a nice stimulus in the economy that keeps businesses chugging along.
Originally Posted by Calvin
[quote=gitem_12]

Not really sure I follow you. No business deductions? What does that mean? If it costs a farmer 200k to run his farm, and he brings in 250k in revenue, that means he pays 12% tax on 250k?
[/quote

There is one glitch in taxing business.
If you tax them they have to transfer the tax to their next costumer and that costumer adds that cost on to his price and adds the tax that he has to pay and the cost gos up with every middle man until the final costumer pays all of the inflated costs do to the hidden taxes that add up from every one above them.
If the business does not pass the tax on to the next person or business. They go out of business.

I am for a flat tax on the end user.That would be a true flat tax.
Too many people lie about being the end user when they feel lie they are entitled.

Finding a way to just charge the end user the tax would be the way to go. But we need to rain in our out of control government or the flat tax will be 100% and it will not be enough for them.
First I've heard of it and I'm in the business. Sounds fishy to me. I think there is more to this story than meets the eye.

That is one more reason to always make sure you never get a refund and always owe them money. Once you send them the money it's their money and not your money. I always pay estimates, no refund and if there should be a refund I apply it to next year's estimate.
Originally Posted by Jocko_Slugshot

If you're on a fixed income, then it's pretty easy to have the proper amount withheld.

Some of us have variable monthly incomes and have to make estimated payments. If you underestimate too often, you get penalized. So, you have to slightly overestimate and then get a refund.

Pay the penalty and interest it's peanuts. It beats a refund.
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
No refunds for anyone.

Right, as far as it goes, but in a case like this the .gov would just try to collect the SS overpayment via some other channel.

Hard for me to understand the legality of holding anyone other than the person who received the overpaid benefit liable for payback.

MM

The Federal government can pass any law it wants to and screw anybody it wants to. There's nothing to prevent it from doing so. That was settled from 1860 to 1865.
The feds do not care how much is taken in on taxes. They just borrow and spend more. This bill is fked up to go back 30 years and take peoples money that were paid to relatives.
Posted By: Karnis Re: IRS seizing tax refunds.... - 04/13/14
Obviously there would have to be a lot more taken into account like a BBA but that'll never happen....and yes ripping off a relative for what someone else did....that's just plain ole stealing.

I think we should create a chargeback for all the lies sold by a politician.
Refunds could still be possible with a flat tax. Not everyone collects a bi-weekly paycheck or pays a single tax bill at the end of the year.

I too like the idea of a flat tax. Not a fan of a federal sales tax though.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Refunds could still be possible with a flat tax. Not everyone collects a bi-weekly paycheck or pays a single tax bill at the end of the year.

I too like the idea of a flat tax. Not a fan of a federal sales tax though.

File quarterly or annually or whatever. File AFTER the money has been made, then you write out a check for the amount. No refunds needed.
A flat tax I agree with.

A federal sales tax won't help the economy, I think it would hurt it. Most states already have a state sales tax and some are pretty high, throw on a fed sales tax........
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
A flat tax I agree with.

A federal sales tax won't help the economy, I think it would hurt it. Most states already have a state sales tax and some are pretty high, throw on a fed sales tax........
One reason a sales tax is superior is that it hits the super wealthy too, who ordinarily don't actually "make" much "income" to be taxed in a flat tax, but every time they buy a yacht, a Maserati, or a jet, they will be hit with the tax like everyone else. It also gets the crime bosses and such in exactly the same way for exactly the same reason.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
A flat tax I agree with.

One reason a sales tax is superior is that it hits the super wealthy too, who ordinarily don't actually "make" much "income" to be taxed in a flat tax, but every time they buy a yacht, a Maserati, or a jet, they will be hit with the tax like everyone else. It also gets the crime bosses and such in exactly the same way for exactly the same reason.

Another nice feature of the sales tax is that you can keep it off of the true necessities (food & clothing) so it's impact to the poor is minimal.
I understand that TRH, but there more little people that are trying to survive than folks buying yachts or jets.

A fair/flat tax is a good place to start. Leave it at that.
Or better yet, lets just elect fiscally responsible people to get our budget in check. We all know that taxes don't go away, politicians just add more.

I know it's a stupid concept but someday it may take hold.
Just part and parcel of the imposition of a new feudalism.

You didn't really think that a few words put on parchment in 1215 and 1776 alone would stop the Government Class from taking it and us all back.

Uncle Sam Revives Feudal Practice to Collect From Children of Debtors

Holding children responsible for the debt incurred by their parents is a feature of historical feudalism and a few modern third-world [bleep].

Developed countries, by and large, assume that a debt dies with the person who willingly incurred it, or at least stops with his or her estate. "By and large," I write, because the U.S. government has broken with centuries of tradition holding individuals responsible for their choices, opting to withhold tax refunds from children whose parents incurred vague and often ill-documented obligations to the feds.

http://reason.com/blog/2014/04/11/uncle-sam-revives-feudal-practice-to-col
Why stop at parents? Why not collect from aunts, uncles, stisters, brothers etc?
The IRS should sieze money from lawmakers who happily 'borrowed' from the fund.
Posted By: 16bore Re: IRS seizing tax refunds.... - 04/13/14
Snowballs chance in hell that our tax system will ever change. Period. "Refunds" have become their own industry. H&R, Liberty Tax service, etc just wanna give you a high interest loan on your money that you overpaid. People are duped into believing a tax refund is a good thing. You paid too much, find a better accountant.
"Billions in fraudulent tax refunds continue to plague IRS"
3.6 billion issued to fraudulent tax returns last year

http://nypost.com/2014/04/10/billions-in-fraudulent-tax-refunds-continue-to-plague-irs/

Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
The IRS should sieze money from lawmakers who happily 'borrowed' from the fund.
this , [bleep] crooks , one word commies
Does anybody know if this "refund" is actually money paid in refunded, or the loss of an earned income tax credit?
Does anybody know if this "refund" is actually money paid in refunded, or the loss of an earned income tax credit?

It is EIC's. The wetbacks have figured out another way to milk us dry.
I understand that TRH, but there more little people that are trying to survive than folks buying yachts or jets.

A fair/flat tax is a good place to start. Leave it at that.

We've had a flat tax and it turned into the monstrosity we have now. Originally, the income tax was a flat tax.
The news link , it's was SSI over pay in 1977 to the ladies mother who is now dead , so they kept the daughters income tax refund , EIC or not still wrong in a big way.
Originally Posted by 16bore
Snowballs chance in hell that our tax system will ever change. Period. "Refunds" have become their own industry. H&R, Liberty Tax service, etc just wanna give you a high interest loan on your money that you overpaid. People are duped into believing a tax refund is a good thing. You paid too much, find a better accountant.

DITTOS +1,000!

Good question. I was at work earlier today and asked the boss if he had heard of this and he said he was unaware of this tax confiscation.

My gut felling is I bet it's refundable credits.
Or better yet, lets just elect fiscally responsible people to get our budget in check.

They don't exist in American politics.
1600 Pennsylvania Ave is thick with thieves.
Whats next IRS gonna take your house because of a relatives problems ?
Originally Posted by ldholton

Elimination of private property is one of the goals of Marxism.

Me too. There are a whole lot of guys out here driving Lamborghinis that have never had a job according to the IRS.
Every other year, more or less, I get a letter from Social Security stating that they overpaid me and want their money back. I get my paperwork (I keep it handy) and go to their office and show them that they did not overpay me. It all stems from monies that were from Vacation accumulated in a previous year and taken/paid for in the year that I retired. They make new copies of the paper work and in a few weeks they decide that I was indeed not overpaid. That lasts about two years on the average. miles
Posted By: Karnis Re: IRS seizing tax refunds.... - 04/14/14
Originally Posted by ldholton

Sure. Why wait for the death tax? Get it while the getting is good. mad
Originally Posted by 12344mag
1600 Pennsylvania Ave is thick with thieves.

in case anyone doesn't like it, the switch board numbers are 202.456.1414 or 1411....
Posted By: pal Re: IRS seizing tax refunds.... - 04/14/14
...lets just elect fiscally responsible people to get our budget in check...

You're dreaming.
© 24hourcampfire