Home
Posted By: toltecgriz Sportsman's Warehouse IPO - 04/13/14
It's pricing to go public on 4/16 at around $11 to $13 per share. Any opinions?
Posted By: Teal Re: Sportsman's Warehouse IPO - 04/13/14
If it gets them to come back to Green Bay - I'm all for it.

Miss that place.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Sportsman's Warehouse IPO - 04/13/14
IPOs haven't been doing well as of late, so a guy could get a deal. I might grab some.
IPOs have been showing a little weakness lately. Ally Bank closed below it's opening price last week.
I'm not prone to donate money to debt ridden company. YMMV
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm not prone to donate money to debt ridden company. YMMV

Me neither
I'm reading the prospectus. What jumps out at me is that it looks like they are losing % of of sales steadily to items that can be purchased online. Over half of their business (55%) is in firearms/hunting, which as been increasing. They also own zero property, and lease it all.

The numbers suck right now on the balance sheet. A buy at $5

I'd sooner put $100 on Blue Bonnet to place.
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: Sportsman's Warehouse IPO - 04/13/14
Originally Posted by teal

Miss that place.

We had one here also. Can't figger it out. It was great. Much better than Gander Mt., which still seems to thrive on little merit.......
I think their numbers are propped up over the last several years by firearms sales. They own no real property. You are investing in a retail brand that in the future will continue to see increased competition online and from Increased expansion of Cabelas and Bass Pro into the Western US.

Sportsman's no online sales presence and I would characterize their current online presence as "pathetic".
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'd sooner put $100 on Blue Bonnet to place.

Most IPOs are debt ridden, there balance sheets suck, and they really don't own many assets. Thus the need for an IPO to raise funds.

Back before Cabelas took off, it was trading at 5-10 a share, and was called one of the worst companies out there, due to inventory issues. Well, now it's $65 a share, and it's been higher.

It'd be a bet, but with the surge in popularity of shooting sports, it could be a short term play. Let things settle out, it's going to be a [bleep] week for an IPO. If it dips down to the $5 range, but a thousand shares and tuck it away. If you think democrat rule is around to say, investing in a retailer where 30% of products must be bought in house (like powder, primers, ammo), might not be a bad move.
After reading more, it'll take a pretty low price to get me in. If it tanks hard after the IPO I'll jump in. Other than that, I'm out.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Sportsman's Warehouse IPO - 04/13/14
The market is saturated with sporting goods companies. The stock holders will want a return as well. I really like the local Sportsman's warehouse but I don't think going public is the way to success in their case. If they want to be successful they need to focus on the in store availability of products and their web site. They have a gold mine now that their foot is on the door but they need to focus on selling quality products at a fair price in a competition rich environment. kwg
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Sportsman's Warehouse IPO - 04/13/14
Originally Posted by teal

Miss that place.

No doubt, there was one close by in New Berlin, miss that place dearly..

As far as the IPO, Gander Mountain's IPO comes to mind, No thanks.
Personally I won't touch it and if the market doesn't improve, they ought to pull it. The bankers have been pushing IPOs out the door as fast as they can. That in itself says something.
If it gets punished severely out of the gate, I'll buy, and greedily. Hate to say it, but we are just another shoot shooting or terrorist attack away from those stores being packed again. We still haven't settled down from the last one.
Posted By: Itasca Re: Sportsman's Warehouse IPO - 04/13/14
You can't be serious!!!
LMAO
I HAVE TO FORWARD THIS TO MY BROKER!!!!
It's hilarious!!!!
If your broker's only interest isn't to his family I'd [bleep] him.

There's a hint
Posted By: KFWA Re: Sportsman's Warehouse IPO - 04/13/14
Originally Posted by Itasca
You can't be serious!!!
LMAO
It's hilarious!!!!

???Seems like a series of reasonable posts to me.

What am I missing?
Posted By: Calvin Re: Sportsman's Warehouse IPO - 04/17/14
IPO was at 9.50. I'll buy 1k shares if it hits $3.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Sportsman's Warehouse IPO - 04/17/14
Originally Posted by Itasca
You can't be serious!!!
LMAO
It's hilarious!!!!

Some of the biggest dumbasses I've ever met were "brokers". Experts at spending other peoples money, that's about all.
Be your own broker.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Sportsman's Warehouse IPO - 04/17/14
IPO's are typically closed to anyone but professional investors. Good luck getting some of this.
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
I think their numbers are propped up over the last several years by firearms sales. They own no real property. You are investing in a retail brand that in the future will continue to see increased competition online and from Increased expansion of Cabelas and Bass Pro into the Western US.

Sportsman's no online sales presence and I would characterize their current online presence as "pathetic".

Or by this.....

SPWH is a very highly leveraged retailer, and 35% of the IPO proceeds are going to a selling shareholder, not a good sign for new IPO buyers. SPWH has an accumulated deficit of -$122 million.

Most of the recent revenue growth is from acquisitions.

SPWH wants to IPO at the highest P/E of the sector. In the last month the sector has not performed well
© 24hourcampfire