Home
Posted By: Spanokopitas Tax Day - 04/15/14

I'm stroking big checks to the Central and State governments tomorrow. Any one else?
Posted By: ironbender Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14
Figured your people would do that for you.

Jackass.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14
Look on the bright side Spanky, at your age you likely only have a few more tax days left.
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14
And after a couple of years in the wine business, he'll be looking for handouts.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14
You really do think you are one of a few that actually has to pay taxes? Figured people of your means would pay quarterly so this would be no different from any other quarter..

LMFAO at your silly ass growing grapes and tasting Mogen David.

smile
Posted By: Partsman Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14
Nope I plan better than that, wife even gets a bit back, $40.00 but even that little bit means the government got to use some of our money, best to not owe or get anything back, but takes some smarts or a good accountant to work it all out.
Posted By: Spanokopitas Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14
Originally Posted by GeoW
You really do think you are one of a few that actually has to pay taxes? Figured people of your means would pay quarterly so this would be no different from any other quarter..

smile

Hate to tell but I paid more than that in quarterlies last year.
More that what? Capital gains on the sale of a ranch be a bitch?
Posted By: eh76 Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14
Sparky your arrogance is never ending ..... You continue to show your ass
Posted By: djs Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14
Yep. sent large checks to the Feds and the state last week.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14
Just over $1000 ADDITIONAL over withholdings BUT I'm getting $666 (what a number) from the state.... Oh boy! mad
Posted By: rattler Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14
sent a check to the feds but cause we figured something wrong are getting some back from the state.....we have a health savings accounts that the state recognizes but the feds dont so have to pay federal taxes on it but not state....

Hate to tell you but the ranch is in foreclosure. I'll probably get it back.

Want to buy a good property cheap? Make me an offer I can't refuse. I'll have my people get back to you.
Not too interested in Communist infested dirt.. Thanks just the same.
Posted By: FlaRick Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14
I send those basterds a check every quarter. April 15 hurts the most because I always owe money for the previous year and I have to make the Q1 estimated tax payment.

Posted By: FlaRick Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

Hate to tell you but the ranch is in foreclosure.

Wow, that was quick. IIRC you were holding the note. Hope you got 20% down.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14
Originally Posted by eh76

Textbook case of low self esteem/insecurity issues.
Posted By: eyeball Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14
LDS
Posted By: eyeball Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14
I mean LMS (little man syndrome)
Originally Posted by FlaRick

I have received a little more than 20%---mostly interest so the note is still somewhat more than 800k. If the foreclosure goes through I'll be money ahead.

But (and it's a big but) I'll have to hire someone to clean it up and caretake it and I'll be back on the hook for taxes and insurance. However with 200k in my pocket I'd be willing to list it at a bargain price. With the economy improving it just might go fast. It is a jewel of a property.

Make me an offer.
Posted By: bea175 Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14

I'm stroking big checks to the Central and State governments tomorrow. Any one else?

Nope not today, files a extension with the crooks at the IRS
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14
I send those basterds a check every quarter. April 15 hurts the most because I always owe money for the previous year and I have to make the Q1 estimated tax payment.

i pushed the button on the computer about 7pm last night. I am sure that the amount i got collared for is enough to support a whole bunch of undocumented new arrivals. Then there are those quarterly estimates that they want to collect in advance for the coming year.
Then I put out the blank one page tax form from around 1938 that i found in my dads stuff, and just groan.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14
Sent all ours in a few weeks ago.

Couple of weeks of 0.1 percent interest.....wouldn't matter.

I"m still waiting to see how much spanky paid in quarters... we pay quarterly too, I know quite a few folks that do actually so thats not rare at all.
Originally Posted by bea175

You still have to send in money with an extension.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14
Originally Posted by bea175

Extensions won't keep you from sending in money to the IRS unless you're willing to pay penalties and interest later when you do file the completed one. I filed an extension and sent in $$$$ last several years.
Posted By: LeroyJenkins Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14
What did I miss?

Originally Posted by ironbender
Figured your people would do that for you.
Jackass.

Originally Posted by Steelhead
Look on the bright side Spanky, at your age you likely only have a few more tax days left.

Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
And after a couple of years in the wine business, he'll be looking for handouts.

smile

Not too interested in Communist infested dirt.. Thanks just the same.

Posted By: ironbender Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14
You missed the Spanker not brushing his teeth, blaming it on the dentist and suing.

for starters.
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14
Heard Rush say today that 90% of the federal taxes are paid by families making $150K or more.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14
I"m still waiting to see how much spanky paid in quarters

Spanky pays more quarterly than any of us make. laugh
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14
I am impressed with Spanky's story. Really enjoyed his wife's pictorial account of their vineyard.

I wish only that he be in health and prosper, even as his soul prospereth.
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14
You missed the Spanker not brushing his teeth, blaming it on the dentist and suing.

for starters.
You're joking right?
Posted By: eh76 Re: Tax Day - 04/16/14
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

for starters.
You're joking right?

No he isn't
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Tax Day - 04/16/14
Good grief! Knew he was full of himself but geez.
Posted By: Spanokopitas Re: Tax Day - 04/16/14

for starters.

Y'all must have missed something. I won that lawsuit and ended up with a pile of money after paying my attorney and paying my $8,000.00 dental repair bill.
Originally Posted by 700LH
I"m still waiting to see how much spanky paid in quarters

Spanky pays more quarterly than any of us make. laugh

Could very well be. Ask my People.
Posted By: eyeball Re: Tax Day - 04/16/14
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
I am impressed with Spanky's story. Really enjoyed his wife's pictorial account of their vineyard.

I wish only that he be in health and prosper, even as his soul prospereth.

Uh, what soul?
Posted By: heavywalker Re: Tax Day - 04/16/14
I did they think you're an idiot too.

It is said that a smart man can appear dumber, but a dumb man cannot appear smarter. You and Larry Root prove that in spades.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Tax Day - 04/16/14
The old neck sweater wearing fool has me on ignore! Glad I can bug the old arrogant douche that much laugh
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: Tax Day - 04/16/14
Originally Posted by heavywalker
I did they think you're an idiot too.

It is said that a smart man can appear dumber, but a dumb man cannot appear smarter. You and Larry Root prove that in spades.

"You can't tell the teams without a score card" . . . I can't follow all the alleged discrimination . . ."

all I know is my vote goes for Spani' and his (and his wife's) life's vision (vineyard!)
Posted By: heavywalker Re: Tax Day - 04/16/14
teams, score cards, and votes... WTF are you talking about?

Men of great worth and great accomplishment always have little people nipping at their heels.

Nip on, varlets, you will be little noticed nor long remembered.
Posted By: EdM Re: Tax Day - 04/16/14
Kazakh taxes done and company paid, Australian taxes done and company paid, Canadian taxes done with a refund of a couple of grand that I will send to the company and an extension has been filed for my US taxes. Almost there...
Posted By: Spanokopitas Re: Tax Day - 04/17/14

Damn...and I thought my tax return was complicated (113 pages).
Posted By: eh76 Re: Tax Day - 04/17/14
troll..........you must have a chitty accountant or you are dumber than a post...or you are just a trolling liar...I'll go with the latter
Posted By: ironbender Re: Tax Day - 04/17/14
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

for starters.
You're joking right?

No he isn't

And there is the random and indiscriminate shooting at antennae by the douche.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Tax Day - 04/17/14
Protected antennae I might add wink
Posted By: Spanokopitas Re: Tax Day - 04/17/14

Antennae are not protected in CA. In fact they are considered a nuisance and may be taken anytime by any means, including spotlighting. No hunting license required.

Wild antenna shooting is great sport and rids the land of visual clutter. Beats the hell out of ground squirrel shooting. Almost any firearm can be used; blackpowder is a hoot but I prefer my 10/22.

Enjoy the sport while you can because wild antennae are becoming rare with the advent of dish technology.

I would host another antennae shoot for Campfire members but here in Oregon they are not extant on our property. Does anyone know of a good spot to shoot wild antennae around here?
© 24hourcampfire