Home
One little vile of blood to give. No coffee, no nothing.
I'm not a morning person, never have been.
I was not nice to the hospital personal.
Had to become a patient just to give that blood. Pissed me off.

I do have coffee and drinking it right now, so I'm human again.

Any of you guys morning people? Wake up easy, in a good mood?
cool
Most mornings you'd probably hate me. grin
I'll confess that even though I'm retired I still rise early, usually between 5:30 and 6:00 and I'm seldom in a bad mood. I'll admit to a little aggravation once in awhile but it's very seldom at others. I usually get aggravated when I misplace something that I had in my hand less than a minute earlier or when I'm trying to replace the bolt stop spring in a Remington---then drop it on the floor---then find it and still have to struggle with it.

Dorothy has the knack for irritating me when she "straightens up" and moves something that I can't find later.
I can do mornings. Even in pain and feeling like crap I can still be nice to others.
Don't hate any morning person.
Heck had to have MilesP come by my tent and wake me up two weeks ago, just so 20 something people could get breaksfast that I was cooking.

just so 20 something people could get breaksfast that I was cooking.

Funny, how so many people would starve before they would cook something for themselves. grin miles
I'm waiting for the DocRocket to reply.
Originally Posted by milespatton

Funny, how so many people would starve before they would cook something for themselves. grin miles

sounds familiar, prolly why i keep granola bars handy......phug it i aint cooking tonight laugh
I had a secretary that told me that A.M. to me meant, Already Mad.
Originally Posted by Scott F
I can do mornings. Even in pain and feeling like crap I can still be nice to others.

I'm a nice guy Scott but just questioned the fact I was sent to hospital, had to sign in get the wrist band for five mins of blood giving.
Money grabbing by the local hospital is all I can figure. They charge like $1,200 for that little draw, insurance pays under $200 for the draw. I'm am instructed by the insurance co. to not pay any bill sent to me.

Just was not a happy camper this morning.

My first thought from the Junction, TX time period of our lives.
Some people need to come with a warning label..."Anything you say before my first cup of coffee can get you killed...it's your call"

Just be thankful that the hospital folks, especially the one with the needle, are morning people.

Also, they had to register you as an outpatient since any procedure like that done at the hospital needs to be done on an outpatient status.

That was our deal though. Bet I get fired as morning cook for the next get together.
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Some people need to come with a warning label..."Anything you say before my first cup of coffee can get you killed...it's your call"

I have heard of one person like that, he's a Doc. and carries at all times. smile
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Just be thankful that the hospital folks, especially the one with the needle, are morning people.

Very true Jim. They all just smiled as I ranted at them.
Bet I get fired as morning cook for the next get together.

Why? Are you about to reveal that you spit in the eggs? grin miles
I'm a morning person. I wake up everyday excited to be me.

I am an unabated [bleep] between 9ish and 2ish. If I fall asleep on the couch, don't fuggin' wake me up.
Originally Posted by Wtxj

I'm a nice guy Scott but just questioned the fact I was sent to hospital, had to sign in get the wrist band for five mins of blood giving.
Money grabbing by the local hospital is all I can figure. They charge like $1,200 for that little draw, insurance pays under $200 for the draw. I'm am instructed by the insurance co. to not pay any bill sent to me.

I can understand that. I get up pretty happy but I do not suffer that kind of stupidly well myself.

What is the saying--mad hatter---I'm late, I'm late.

I should of had the meal ready early. That simple.

Originally Posted by MadMooner

I am an unabated [bleep] between 9ish and 2ish. If I fall asleep on the couch, don't fuggin' wake me up.

But you do still have my soul do you not?
Don't loose it for sure or just give it back smile

I can understand that. I get up pretty happy but I do not suffer that kind of stupidly well myself.

You guys have a good one. Must go get the ears tuned. Later
I am 100% morning person. I get out of the bed running. Wife hates it.

Not worth a hoot at 3pm though

You didn't say if you had anything to eat. Many people struggle with mornings because of low blood sugar. It's very difficult for me when I have to do the fasting blood draws. If something is a little frustrating on a normal day, it is very irritating on those mornings.... not to mention your body was craving caffeine.
I am frequently blunt and on occasion coarse with medical drones who are incompetent and/or fail to listen or read charts/records before addressing the issues at hand. I suffer fools poorly, particularly when they have the opportunity to cause harm.

Blood draws are a vast opportunity for such BS.
I wake up easy and happy on the weekends but mon-fri I'm a SOB in the A.M.. My job suck donkey.
Morning person. My alarm is set for 3:30am all summer long, and I'm out the door and at work by 3:45. Home for dinner though, that that helps. Wake up about 5am during he winter season, but take it a bit easier. Bed by 10pm.
I am a SLOW wake up project, more so since I started taking so many evening meds with a long tail or after effect on them. My brother in law shares my camp trailer with me each deer season, and has to wear a face mask and ear plugs in the AM as I am up and around an hour and a half earlier than he, taking pain pills, drinking coffee etc. to get the cobwebs out of my head for the day and get my back/kidney pain under some semblence of control. He can pop out of bed, get dressed, and be ready to hunt in 20 minute. I hate people like that.....
Originally Posted by MColeman
I'll confess that even though I'm retired I still rise early, usually between 5:30 and 6:00 and I'm seldom in a bad mood. I'll admit to a little aggravation once in awhile but it's very seldom at others. I usually get aggravated when I misplace something that I had in my hand less than a minute earlier or when I'm trying to replace the bolt stop spring in a Remington---then drop it on the floor---then find it and still have to struggle with it.
I could have written that very same paragraph..

I've always been a 'morning' person.. Always will be.
That was our deal though. Bet I get fired as morning cook for the next get together.

Don't bet on it, Tonto! grin

Between you, Patrick, and Miles, those were some great breakfasts. You'll have to quit, then still be subject to being Shanghaied and handcuffed to the stove. grin

Ed
Depends on the day, but I always need my coffee! Usually depends on the amount of physical activity I did the day before - myasthenia gravis takes its toll if I overdo it and I generally pay for it the next day, but the day goes better if I can sleep in until 7:15 a.m. - the rest of the house gets up at 6:00 a.m. - which I usually do as well, but I'm thankful for a loving wife and kids that let me sleep when they know I need it.
Walk a mile in their shoes...

Just think how many cranky, irritable old farts who take everything personally and take out all of their irritations on anyone and everyone who gets near them that the hospital staff has to put up with every single morning, and afternoon, and evening, and night....
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

Don't bet on it, Tonto! grin

Between you, Patrick, and Miles, those were some great breakfasts. You'll have to quit, then still be subject to being Shanghaied and handcuffed to the stove. grin

Ed

I thought the eggs & bacon were pretty tasty, myself smile

we just need to wake up earlier and cook before the womenfolk realize what we're putting in the breakfast grin

And I have a sign that says, "Danger Men Cooking" which makes it all okay, of course...
Morning is the only time of day I am to myself and no one can screw up my routine. Up at 5am M-F with the alarm and at first light on Sat-Sun. The wife doesn't wake until I get in the shower. laugh

Hey I still had plenty of Hamm's in the cooler!!!!! LOL!

(From the land of sky blue waters!!!!)
I am up and at 'em, 5:30 every morning. I like my one cup of decaf with sugar and half and half. The coffee is not an absolute though.
I'm always glad to just be alive, and have another day to work with. smile
I'm dandy till about 1:30 pm. Then I'm just tired.
i always said that if i could sleep in til 7 or 7:30 every day, i would be a totally different person. i might still be an ahole, but a different flavor. when i am on vacation, i feel so much better after about 2 days of sleeping from 11-7. but this 10-5:30 crap during the week sucks and i don't get caught up on a 2 day weekend.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I am 100% morning person. I get out of the bed running.
This is me....and I have little tolerance for those that can't function early in the morning. Just ask my kids!

cool

Sure !!!! .... on Sat and Sunday grin
Wife hates it, up at 5:00 to 6:00 ready to go.
Coffee is a misdemeanor, the more you miss the meaner you get. grin
WILL YOU ALL PLEASE KNOCK IT OFF AND BE QUIET !?!

Still waking up.
Originally Posted by selmer
Depends on the day, but I always need my coffee!

I got to have coffee ! If we are out of coffee then I'm going back to bed.
I'm definitely an early riser as well. "Sleeping late" on the weekends means getting up at 7:30. Most weekends I'm up at 6:15 or so, weekdays it's before 6.

I love the early morning, especially on weekdays. Most folks get to work at 8 or 9, I'm there at 6:30. NO traffic to screw with, quiet streets, get to watch the sunrise at the right times of year. Get in, check email then a four block walk to the hospital for breakfast. Good food, a cup of coffee then walk back along tree lined streets just as the day is starting. Spring means all the trees are covered with blossoms or new leaves, birds waking up and chirping, all life coming to wake after the long winter.

In the winter it's cold but a nice brisk walk really wakes you up. In the hot summer you get to enjoy the cool time of the day.

Great start to the day any time of year.

"Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man, healthy, wealthy and wise!".

Yeah, right. At least I'm healthy... wink
Originally Posted by GunGeek

They are like that if someone hasn't taken the time to drop them on their arse, most people are only pricks if they can get away with it.
Once had a nurse wake me up to give me sleeping medication...I was quite perturbed at that one
I always get up early,never had much use for a alarm clock.
When I was a teenager I was a bear to wake up in the morning. A snarly, grouchy, unhappy spring bear. As I grew up, I accepted the inevitablity of working for a living and the need to be on time and have good attendance.

These days, while I don't really care for getting up early, I don't mind it too much, either. During the week I make 3/4 of a pot of coffee and fill a travel mug and put the rest in a thermos. I usually don't even take a sip until I get to work, or about an hour or so after getting up. Coffee doesn't seem to make much difference on my attitude one way or another.

Weekend mornings are a little different. I don't wake up particularly early, but I do like it when I'm the first one up. The house is quiet for a bit until my son wakes up. That boy is up with the sun, which is how he earned the nickname Rooster. Weekend mornings with my kids are something I look forward to.
Originally Posted by MadMooner

But you do still have my soul do you not?
Don't loose it for sure or just give it back smile

WTXJ!!
Sorry to say I have been excommunicated! They, unfortunately, did not allow me to retain possession of any harvested souls.

I believe you are screwed.
This is on my desk at work.

[Linked Image]

You certainly can choose not to get medical treatment if you wish. But, if you did CHOOSE to do so, why be a DB about it, regardless of the time?
Originally Posted by duckster

You certainly can choose not to get medical treatment if you wish. But, if you did CHOOSE to do so, why be a DB about it, regardless of the time?

Hey I'm awake now. My problem is I like Lab Corp for the blood work. So I guess I went in with a little chip on the shoulder as to the location of the blood draw. Plus no wake up coffee.
All is good
Nearly got fired as a camp cook.
Got my soul back from the PNW.
Finally ate some food.
Mornings are love/hate.

Love the low-light and peace and critters rising.

Equally love the peace that comes with being barely awake, and not having to get up quiiiiiiite yet.

But hate dealing with morons first thing on waking, intruding on the above.
I am a morning person, but what pizzes me off is the rest of our town is not, the hardware store doesn't open till 8:00, the breakfast serving restaurant doesn't open till 7:00, and the county and city office don't open till 9:00 or 9:30. And forget Fridays around here seems like everyone takes a 3 day weekend when ever they feel like it

cool

I wake easy but I'm not a morning person.
Originally Posted by Mac84

cool

I wake easy but I'm not a morning person.

Well I do wake up. 5 am this morning. Just takes coffee time for me to be nice.
I'm retired, so just like to drink the coffee and read paper before I move out of my chair.
I am a morning person and the wife is not lol. We have still managed to stay married almost 44 years. Of course I am very very careful not to set the Italian off by being too much of a morning person until her caffeine level is at optimum level lol. Even though I am retired I still wakeup between 5 and 6 ever morning.

tom
Originally Posted by Mink
This is on my desk at work.

[Linked Image]

Mink should we assume you are not a morning person lol

tom
You could say that. Usually up by 4 when offshore, 8 at home. Just takes coffee to start to feel normal.

What is the saying--mad hatter---I'm late, I'm late.

I should of had the meal ready early. That simple.

I have a customer with a vanity tag "ML8 ML8" laugh
Heck had to have MilesP come by my tent and wake me up two weeks ago, just so 20 something people could get breaksfast that I was cooking.

How come the young'uns ain't cookin' for the old'uns?
Originally Posted by 12344mag

How come the young'uns ain't cookin' for the old'uns?

Kristy is a young uns, she came and helped me on the eggs, I broke em, she cooked em.
Pat and Miles took care of the pork and pork.
I got a kick out of her, I was using 1/2 stick of butter with each batch of 36 eggs. She saw that and said to the effect that's not real healthy to use that much butter.
I said next batch you show me, she did as she cooked that batch.
She was a nice young lady to help. Washed my dishes too.
Alan, kristy and her family, sponxx and his family were the only "young" people there. Rest of us were old farts and the better halfs.
I'm pretty happy most all of the time, but BS tolerance has decreased with age.
I always thought it would be interesting to know if there was a correlation between

the time of birth of a person and whether they were a morning person.

Early morning activity is only ok if I know where a big buck may be running a scrape line or if the specks are hitting croakers.
Originally Posted by eyeball
I always thought it would be interesting to know if there was a correlation between

the time of birth of a person and whether they were a morning person.

Early morning activity is only ok if I know where a big buck may be running a scrape line or if the specks are hitting croakers.

I've wondered that too, I was born at 4 am and I'm a morning person, my sister was born late afternoon and is amazed that there are two 8 o'clocks per day, my oldest son was born early evening and will sleep till nine, my youngest(still too young to young to really assess) was born at 6 AM and wakes up every morning at 6 am, my wife, she just likes sleep she'll go to bed at 9PM wake up at 9AM and take a 3 hr nap during the day when she can
On work days, it feels like I could easily sleep until 10 am. On days off and weekends I'm up by 6:00 bouncing off the walls no matter what time I went to bed the night before. Drives my wife nuts!
My experience is, anyone who is a dick to people who are performing a service, whether it's morning or afternoon, whether they've had their coffee or not, are probably pretty much a dick any other time too.
My mood in the morning has more to do with what my wife wakes up in the mood for than it does with coffee.

cool

GFY.
See you at dinner...

grin
No caffeine in my diet, and I work hard physically so am always sore in the morning. I'd probly hamstring a nun anytime before 9 am, just to watch her scream.
I am up early, haul azz through the day and shut down around 7:00 or so when I return home till I hit the sack around 11:00 or so. Generally, pretty darn cheerful as I run as an optimist.

cool

Yep, your an [bleep].
© 24hourcampfire