Home
http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...nt-Obama-citizenship-case?nclick_check=1

Chief Justice Roy Moore said Alabama�s secretary of state should have been required to determine whether President Obama was born in the United States and qualified to be on state ballot in 2012.

The all-Republican Alabama Supreme Court on Friday upheld the lower court�s dismissal of a case that sought to require the secretary of state to demand a birth certificate from presidential candidates.

Moore and Justice Tom Parker dissented.

Moore writes the secretary of state is a gatekeeper and has a duty to determine if candidates are natural-born U.S. citizens.

Parker said plaintiffs presented documentation that raise �serious questions� about Obama�s birth certificate.

Two other Supreme Court justices, Mike Bolin and Tommy Bryan, said the secretary of state doesn�t have the authority or ability to investigate candidates� qualifications.

� Associated Press
That horse left the barn about 5.5 years ago..

Did you read the link?
We'll never know who killed kennedy either.
I think the Obama citizenship is a lost issue and a waste of time.

That said, I think it's PERFECTLY reasonable to require a birth certificate to prove citizenship. Hell, it's one of the only requirements for the job.
Originally Posted by GunGeek

That said, I think it's PERFECTLY reasonable to require a birth certificate to prove citizenship. Hell, it's one of the only requirements for the job.

If two of the judges had doubts about the his birth certificate being authentic, then why has this issue not taken root. I know that the issue is dead at this point.
Originally Posted by jwp475
then why has this issue not taken root.

Because the Rs and the Ds are in agreement that the rule of law is merely a weapon to be used against the masses, and does not apply above a certain level.
If two of the judges had doubts about the his birth certificate being authentic, then why has this issue not taken root?
Because it's too easy to hurl the accusation of racist motives. Everyone runs for cover when the race card comes out.
Originally Posted by RufusG
then why has this issue not taken root.

Because the Rs and the Ds are in agreement that the rule of law is merely a weapon to be used against the masses, and does not apply above a certain level.
That too.

If two of the judges had doubts about the his birth certificate being authentic, then why has this issue not taken root. I know that the issue is dead at this point.

What Rufus said is VERY profound, and there is a large element of truth there.

I think it's also that since SCOTUS has refused to hear the issue, one state raising opposition at the Supreme Court level isn't enough. Add to that, it's not even a battleground state. So even if they revoked their electoral votes, nothing changes.

What Rufus said is VERY profound, and there is a large element of truth there.

I think it's also that since SCOTUS has refused to hear the issue, one state raising opposition at the Supreme Court level isn't enough. Add to that, it's not even a battleground state. So even if they revoked their electoral votes, nothing changes.

The point is the courts, the people and our elected officials should care if a candidate is qualified to run for office, that sadly doesn't appear to be the case.

Well, since I know some more of the politics at play I can say that it has far more to do with who the dissenting judges are than anything more.

Roy Moore is one of those guys that make even a die hard Jesus fan like myself cringe. His desire to legislate from the bench is like nothing else I've seen. Combine that with the fact that we'd have a State Religion if he had his way and you have a guy that many of us would just rather keep out of the press.

His campaign commercials had hymns playing in the background.

Even if he is on the right side of an argument, that message would be a secondary story to his beliefs.

That's why you don't here more of his happenings.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
If two of the judges had doubts about the his birth certificate being authentic, then why has this issue not taken root?
Because it's too easy to hurl the accusation of racist motives. Everyone runs for cover when the race card comes out.

^^This^^
Obama is a citizen. He just went through all of his schooling on foreign scholarships.

Seeing his transcripts would be the far bigger fish to fry.
The Birthers have moved on to other roomers like Big Foot and Voter Fraud.
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Obama is a citizen. He just went through all of his schooling on foreign scholarships.

Seeing his transcripts would be the far bigger fish to fry.
He has NOT proven (in public) he is a citizen. Enough doubt has been cast on his citizenship, that I cannot see how anybody could state without a doubt that he either is, or is not a citizen. Seems to me that folks are stating he IS, and we should just take their word for it. I simply do not know, and until absolute proof is presented - a REAL birth certificate, college citizenship status, ect., I will assume it is not a done deal. Call me a skeptic.....
In Indonesia when one goes to school 2 of the requires are: Indonesian citizenship which doesn't recognize any dual citizenship. You are Indonesian or a foreigner. A foreigner cannot go to an Indonesian school. You cannot be a US citizen and a Indonesian at the same time. And you must be a Muslim.We already know from a few leaked school records he went to school here as on a foreign scholarships/ foreign loans and he stated he religion as Muslin. Just because this is true makes no difference. TOO MUCH TO LATE. HE WAS STILL ELECTED AND IS STILL IN OFFICE.
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
The Birthers have moved on to other roomers like Big Foot and Voter Fraud.

Rumors would probably be the proper spelling, retard.
Please tell me these guys are lying. You're not really a teacher, right?
Of course he is, and like most teachers, under-acheivers, moochers and democrats..
Well, some of the teachers in Alaska must be pretty good. I've heard Sara Palin speak and she seems EXTREMELY intelligent.
Actually I know walt is better than some teachers. Anyone umm ever heard umm a kenyan umm umm give a speach?
If one of his parents was an American citizen, he is a citizen...period. It does not matter where he was born. The reason it is so offensive is not that he's not a citizen...it's that he is a LIE.
Unless the whore renounced her American citizenship to become another nations citizen, Pat?

Also, if he used another name to receive college funding as a foreigner, that would make him a criminal.
Did she do that?
I have heard that was the case.
I didn't know that. It would explain all the lies about him being born in the States.
Originally Posted by ltpowell
If one of his parents was an American citizen, he is a citizen...period. It does not matter where he was born. The reason it is so offensive is not that he's not a citizen...it's that he is a LIE.

I know that, I just like to think he didn't receive his elementary education here. It makes me feel better about our education system. I also don't think I'm the first person to refer to him as a kenyan. smile
I never accepted him as MY president.

I don't think it would make any difference to those that have, though.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
That is not true. At least it was not true when he was born. The parent would have to meet requirements to be eligible to confer citizenship. In the US for 5 years after her 14th birthday - she was only 18. That requirement was not met. There were a couple more not met, but they escape me at the moment. Hawaii was known as a conduit for shady US citizenship - largely Asians. Pretty easy to get a certificate of live birth - even if the baby was not born there. Obama's grandparent would surely have been aware of this. In any case he at least plays both sides of the fence. The Harvard Law Review listed him as Kenyan, his wife said he was Kenyan, his grandmother said he was born in Kenya - HE said he was born in Kenya (when it was to his advantage). It is NOT a done deal in my mind.
© 24hourcampfire