Home
Posted By: pahick Prayers please - 04/16/14
As some of you read in my other thread ive been dealing with Acid Reflux. It turned into a bit more than that. Last night was the 3rd trip to the ER. Lightning fast, quick pains shoot across my chest, sometimes my back, other times it can be my arm or leg. Hard to explain but the worry of something worse set off panic attacks. I guess I am so worried its heart related that I made myself a mess.

3 ER trips, all EKG's perfectly normal, CT scan and ultrasounds...all normal. But them damn pin prick pains get me excited. Hard for me to trust the docs, even tho I have to. I know the reflux wont heal overnight, I just need to calm myself and let nature take its course. If ya will, id appreciate it.
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Prayers please - 04/16/14
More than willing... Hang in there!
Posted By: 65BR Re: Prayers please - 04/16/14
Prayers for healing, and peace of mind as you sort this out!

Happy Easter!
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: Prayers please - 04/16/14
I will lift up prayers in your name, and ask for comfort and the Lord's loving grace.

Lynn
Posted By: MColeman Re: Prayers please - 04/16/14
We (Christians) are commanded to "be anxious for nothing but in all things give thanks" but sometimes it's hard to do this. Prayers lifted up in your behalf.
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Prayers please - 04/16/14
Done, sir!

Ed
Posted By: poboy Re: Prayers please - 04/16/14
Hang in there friend.
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: Prayers please - 04/16/14
Prayers on the way.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Prayers please - 04/16/14
Prayers sent
Posted By: texasbatman Re: Prayers please - 04/16/14
I will gladly pray for you.

Jim
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Prayers please - 04/16/14
God is there beside you. Prayers offered up for healing.
Posted By: RS308MX Re: Prayers please - 04/16/14
Prayers incoming. Try to relax. Take deep, slow breaths. Easier said than done , I know. But you gotta try!
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Prayers please - 04/16/14
Prayers sent bud, remember the better you behave the faster the healing will go.

Speedy healing to you.
Posted By: asphaltangel Re: Prayers please - 04/17/14
Praying for God's healing hand on your body and mind, Pahick. Keep the faith.

Posted By: Scott F Re: Prayers please - 04/17/14
Done
Posted By: charleeontop Re: Prayers please - 04/17/14
Prayers lifted.

I was going to reply on the other thread but run out of time.
I have had a hiatus hernia for about 15 years.
All the symptoms you describe.
I started eating foods that are to help strengthen the muscles in the esophagus, beans being one of them.
I also take 2 cayenne pepper capsules daily.
The highest heat unit I can find, now is 100,00 heat units.
The mart sells 40,000 so I have to shop around.

Some info here don't laugh i have been there!
copy and paste

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-945-Cayenne%20Pepper%20%28CAPSICUM%29.aspx?activeIngredientId=945&activeIngredientName=Cayenne%20Pepper%20%28CAPSICUM%29

charlee
Posted By: CCCC Re: Prayers please - 04/17/14
pahick - prayers as you asked. It'll be better.
Posted By: pahick Re: Prayers please - 04/17/14
Thanks all. Just seems odd how it got worse, what seems like overnight. Feels like my darn blood pressures elevated all the time now. Then this evening, when I got to the top of the stairs I could really feel the heart beating in my neck. Guess stress/worry can do that. Again, appreciate it. Means a lot. God bless!
Posted By: safariman Re: Prayers please - 04/17/14
Praying for you, starting right now. PM incoming soon, after I get some family stuff handled tomorrow. I have Acid reflux pretty bad, too, due to my enlarged Kidneys pushing my stomach up and out badly. Pepcid Comlete + Rolaids + Simethicone anti gas tabs a couple of times a day. I know it is miserable stuff, caused me to toss up a very bland dinner night before last.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Prayers please - 04/17/14
Thoughts and prayers from Iowa. With the constant bombardment from all sides that we probably have something fatal, it is easy to understand the panic angle.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Prayers please - 04/17/14
Done.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Prayers please - 04/17/14
Pahick: I endured a high stress occupation for 29 years and had virtually EVERY gastro-intestinal disorder imagineable - including acid reflux.
I do not recall having the symptoms you relayed in your post.
I think the stress of worry caused your "new" symptoms (chest pains etc).
I pray for your full and quick recovery.
I do know this (and I abhor the French!) that Perrier Water temporarily relieved my symptoms from acid reflux, ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome, heartburn and a couple of other digestive tract disorders that are better not discussed in mixed company.
Hold your nose (I hate the French!) and buy some smaller bottles of Perrier Water and keep them by your bed (warm or room temperature is fine/better) and sip it whenever any mid-body discomfort afflicts you.
Get well soon!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Prayers please - 04/17/14
Prayers sent!

Mark
Posted By: eyeball Re: Prayers please - 04/17/14
Originally Posted by pahick
Thanks all. Just seems odd how it got worse, what seems like overnight. Feels like my darn blood pressures elevated all the time now. Then this evening, when I got to the top of the stairs I could really feel the heart beating in my neck. Guess stress/worry can do that. Again, appreciate it. Means a lot. God bless!
accept the good news and give thanks. Don't accept bad news. In the face of bad news, do not agree, though you may accept treatment. Repeat, "I am healed by the stripes of Jesus."

Posted By: Scotty Re: Prayers please - 04/17/14
praying
Posted By: RickcNY Re: Prayers please - 04/18/14
Prayers sent for God's healing touch upon you in Jesus name amen
Posted By: pahick Re: Prayers please - 04/19/14
Thanks all. Felt better yesterday, and this morning. Took a truck full of old electronics to the recycler yesterday. Walking up and down steps had me out of breath and aware of my blood pressure, but I did fine. Bear hugged an old tube tv that weighs more than me and made it to the truck. Luckily, the twp hired a big old boy who grabbed it like a rag doll and threw it on the pile. I thought to myself "I used to be able to do that!". Only had one period where I felt pain, and it had me down on the couch for an hour or so. I actually think it was a stomach spasm. No acid or burning, esophagus pain in 24 hrs. I think the meds are working! And im slowly coming around to not worrying about my heart. Thanks again all, means much to me! God bless!
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Prayers please - 04/20/14
Glad your doing better!
Posted By: pahick Re: Prayers please - 04/24/14
Thanks all. Still feeling "not quite right". The quick pains are almost gone, still sore in the throat and below the breast bone. Last couple days though, can feel my heart beating harder. This morning I was shaking like I was cold, but I wasnt. Since I was scared of a heart attack the past couple weeks, I thought "its just in my head". But it isnt going away. The shaking stopped though. So I looked up the omeprazole side effects and some of the side effects are trembling, fast, racing, or uneven heartbeat, and ringing in the ears. All which I have or had the last couple days. Maybe since the first time I took one, but since I was concentrating on the pain im not sure.

Im switching back to Pepcid until I see the doc on tuesday. I called him, but never got a return call yet. Doing the right thing?

Thanks, gonna head down to Goodwill to donate some clothes, ill check back later.
Posted By: CharlieFoxtrot Re: Prayers please - 04/24/14
Pahick - Pepcid is an H2 blocker, omeprozole is a Proton Pump Inhibitor. Two different mechanisms of action to reduce acid production. PPIs work better as it gets to the root of the cause. Prilosec, Nexium, Aciphex, Previcid, and Protonix are PPIs. Pepcid, Tagament, and Zantac are H2s and usually the OTC stuff is dosed at half of Rx.

Do you drink alot of coffee or caffeine related products?
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Prayers please - 04/24/14
God's peace. Amen.
Posted By: asphaltangel Re: Prayers please - 04/24/14
Originally Posted by pahick
As some of you read in my other thread ive been dealing with Acid Reflux. It turned into a bit more than that. Last night was the 3rd trip to the ER. Lightning fast, quick pains shoot across my chest, sometimes my back, other times it can be my arm or leg. Hard to explain but the worry of something worse set off panic attacks. I guess I am so worried its heart related that I made myself a mess.

3 ER trips, all EKG's perfectly normal, CT scan and ultrasounds...all normal. But them damn pin prick pains get me excited. Hard for me to trust the docs, even tho I have to. I know the reflux wont heal overnight, I just need to calm myself and let nature take its course. If ya will, id appreciate it.

Prayers sent Pahick!
Posted By: pahick Re: Prayers please - 04/25/14
Thanks all.

Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Pahick - Pepcid is an H2 blocker, omeprozole is a Proton Pump Inhibitor. Two different mechanisms of action to reduce acid production. PPIs work better as it gets to the root of the cause. Prilosec, Nexium, Aciphex, Previcid, and Protonix are PPIs. Pepcid, Tagament, and Zantac are H2s and usually the OTC stuff is dosed at half of Rx.

Do you drink alot of coffee or caffeine related products?

No sir, caffeine free iced tea, and water. Nothing else. I do believe in the PPI's, but im thinking it shot my blood pressure way high and is causing the nervousness. So im gonna quit them until I see the doc.
Posted By: JohnMoses Re: Prayers please - 04/25/14

Prayers sent pard. Get well soon.
Much appreciated, thanks!
Posted By: CharlieFoxtrot Re: Prayers please - 04/25/14
Pahick, have the symptoms subsided since you dc'd Prilosec?

Of obvious concern, is how you feel after climbing a set of stairs. I am curious, the 3 EKGs, were any of them done on a treadmill (stress test)?

I have GERD and have had it for a number of years. I am also on Prilosec. When my reflux kicks in (usually because I haven't taken my pill) I get burning in my throat and sometimes heartburn that feels like it could be cardiac related. One time it was so bad I had stress test - wired for EKG on a treadmill for 10 minutes, sped up and inclined slowly. Stress test showed no signs of cardio impairment.

The only really "boots on the ground" way to see if it's your heart is a cath. Mom had terrible heart (like an elephant on her chest) pains about a week after my brother died. So bad we thought she was having an M.I. Docs did too and got her in the cath lab pronto. Mercifully, her arteries were clear. Her primary sent her home with an Rx for Xanax. It was anxiety. the Xanax got her over the hump of that extreme grief.

Whatever it is, I'm sure they'll figure it out. Godspeed.
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Pahick, have the symptoms subsided since you dc'd Prilosec?

Of obvious concern, is how you feel after climbing a set of stairs. I am curious, the 3 EKGs, were any of them done on a treadmill (stress test)?

I have GERD and have had it for a number of years. I am also on Prilosec. When my reflux kicks in (usually because I haven't taken my pill) I get burning in my throat and sometimes heartburn that feels like it could be cardiac related. One time it was so bad I had stress test - wired for EKG on a treadmill for 10 minutes, sped up and inclined slowly. Stress test showed no signs of cardio impairment.

The only really "boots on the ground" way to see if it's your heart is a cath. Mom had terrible heart (like an elephant on her chest) pains about a week after my brother died. So bad we thought she was having an M.I. Docs did too and got her in the cath lab pronto. Mercifully, her arteries were clear. Her primary sent her home with an Rx for Xanax. It was anxiety. the Xanax got her over the hump of that extreme grief.

Whatever it is, I'm sure they'll figure it out. Godspeed.

Thank you. Im not sure if stopping Prilosec is helping, or going to help, but last night I didnt take my evening pill. So far this morning I feel a little better. Not sure of the half life of Prilosec, probably a couple days. Ill be able to tell more today and tomorrow.

The stairs thing worries me too. Before taking Prilosec, I only had that happen once. Again, will see how things go the next couple days. If I feel any conditions get worse, ill head to the ER. Keeping my fingers crossed and saying prayers!
Posted By: eyeball Re: Prayers please - 04/25/14
You may be having some esophageal spasms. If that's the case Reglan may help. Do you get increased saliva production during the attacks?

Here's hoping its nothing more serious.
Posted By: norm99 Re: Prayers please - 04/25/14
have you tried a nathurpath[ spelling] to see what you may be eating that is affecting you ?

I had to quite using milk in my coffee years ago , couple of times I thought I was dying ,200 miles from nearest hospital bad weather no planes in or out of a remote camp.

norm
Posted By: Raeford Re: Prayers please - 04/25/14
Prayers continued PA
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Prayers please - 04/25/14
Look on the bright side, in 100 years none of this will matter. If you can accept that fact then that should lower your stress, since you're still kicking.

Calm is good, despite the obvious issues. I know, as you do, that worrying never helped a thing.

So now chill the [bleep] out and get better.
Posted By: grovey Re: Prayers please - 04/25/14
Prayers sent, get well soon hick.
Thanks guys! I tell ya, when you have health issues it feels like hell. This morning I did good, then ate cereal and it all went to hell. All I ate was a big bowl of frosted mini wheats, not great I know but its what was here. All of a sudden I felt tired, heart started beating fast and hard, half dizzy....I think I got a huge sugar spike. I have hypoglycemia for years, but theres no meds for it, you just eat. Havent had an issue for years now. I hope thats what it was anyhow.

Days like today I could take up drinking again!
Posted By: pahick Re: Prayers please - 04/29/14
Originally Posted by Steelhead

So now chill the [bleep] out and get better.

Thats what the doc just told me! He ordered up an echocardiogram just for my peace of mind, and changed me to another med for acid. Said I worry too much. If I have a heart attack itll be over quick enough....that made me laugh, but I think he was serious! So far tho, things are slowly getting better. Thank the Lord! And thank you guys for the prayers!
Posted By: pahick Re: Prayers please - 05/14/14
If you wouldnt mind, more prayers are welcome. Went back to the ER for the 5th time, this time an overnight stay. Worse than jail! Had me do a stress echo, which came back perfect.

ER says nothing wrong with my heart, but keep up with the darn tests. Went to my family doc and he says definitely nothing wrong with my heart. Says its a chicken and the egg thing. When I get stomach pains I start to worry. The worry causes referred pain to my chest. Prescribed me Ativan for panic attacks. Not sure I wanna take that stuff. Keeping my fingers crossed this stomach crap soon stops. Thanks all.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Prayers please - 05/14/14
You didn't listen to me...
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: Prayers please - 05/14/14
Is pot legal in your state? Not making light of your condition, but maybe a couple beers can help you calm down. Truly wishing you the best! And yes, I too will say a prayer for His Peace.
Scott, I wish I could have. Ive always been the tough guy, keep it together. But for some reason I crumbled here. Never had pain double me over. Never had chest pain. But this is kicking my ass. Sitting on the couch thinking about stomach pain, and then your pec muscles start to tighten...scared the [bleep] out of me!!

Doc says youre panicking, you now how I know? I said how. He said you wrote down your blood pressure every 15 minutes for 2 days(I bought a home monitor). It still didnt sink in 'til he said it a second time. I hope none of y'all ever have to go through crap like this.
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Is pot legal in your state? Not making light of your condition, but maybe a couple beers can help you calm down. Truly wishing you the best! And yes, I too will say a prayer for His Peace.

Thanks, and funny you said that. I asked my one bud if he knew of ways to pass a piss test, cause I was seriously going to get all smoked up the other night. He talked me out of it, though. Really hope they pass pot here in PA. I honestly believe it would help me. Cant imagine all the kids with pain and suffering going without something that may help them.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Prayers please aquifer - 05/14/14
Prayers sent.
© 24hourcampfire