Home
Posted By: eyeball The Americans - 04/17/14
The us spy/CIA guy.is in over both his heads. He had to have the Russian double - or triple agent chick he loves- when the has a beautiful wife at home he doesn't want to bone.

He can't even make the excuse his wife wouldn't be his.
Posted By: oldman1942 Re: The Americans - 04/18/14
He's not CIA he's FBI. Now how many 40+ year old guys with 2 kids and wife #1, would turn down getting hummed and screwed silly by a super hot babe 1/2 his age ? If you watch the show regularly, you'll figure out that nothing is as it seems and what is obvious usually is not.

Did you catch the big error about the submarine propellers ? Do you know who really gave that info to the Reds ?

As addictive as "Person of Interest"
Posted By: Hawk_Driver Re: The Americans - 04/18/14
Was it the Japanese?
Posted By: eyeball Re: The Americans - 04/18/14
Yep.

I wasn't concerned about anything but him turning over. wink
Posted By: oldman1942 Re: The Americans - 04/18/14
Warhawk ? Tomahawk ? Kittyhawk ? Silver Hawk, Golden Hawk ?

Hate to think you're wearing the green suit and know so little about the greatest submarine intelligence coup the Reds ever pulled off. Hint: it was an inside job.
Posted By: Hawk_Driver Re: The Americans - 04/18/14
I thought it was IBM and Japan. Pretty sure it wasn't the Walker clan, don't remember them being involved in subs, but could be wrong.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: The Americans - 04/18/14
Originally Posted by spanishhombre
He's not CIA he's FBI. Now how many 40+ year old guys with 2 kids and wife #1, would turn down getting hummed and screwed silly by a super hot babe 1/2 his age ?
If you're an FBI agent and she's a CIA asset/spy, you'd better not hit that. Once the hummers start, now you have to wonder who's playing who?
Posted By: eyeball Re: The Americans - 04/18/14
I remember when Carter was in power and we "gave" the silent propellor tech to the reds.

Clitmans buddy who was the head of Orbital Science gave the Chinese the info on missile guidance, at what profit to Clinton's Swiss accounts I don't know but iirc the pos frank Lautenberg kept the wraps on the deal.
Posted By: Dan_Chamberlain Re: The Americans - 04/19/14
The computer technology in question was sold to the Russians by Toshiba and shipped via a company in Norway. I flew to Trondheim Norway in the late 80s to interview the president of the company in connection with the federal investigation. We were tasked with trying to determine if the company knew that the shipment was in violation of a number of treaties. Toshiba had their hand slapped and couldn't sell their products to the US government for a number of years. Other than that, it was a wash. By the way, Norway is a lovely place. The only ugly woman I encountered turned out to be German.
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: The Americans - 04/19/14
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
Was it the Japanese?

Let's be specific. It was Toshiba, and I still boycotting them.
Posted By: rlott Re: The Americans - 04/19/14
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
I thought it was IBM and Japan. Pretty sure it wasn't the Walker clan, don't remember them being involved in subs, but could be wrong.

Walker was giving them info on boomer movements that resulted in a Soviet fast attack meeting every one of them as they left port. To counter it we had to deploy our own fast attacks to harass and distract the Soviet until the boomer could get clear. It drove us crazy and cost billions.
Posted By: eyeball Re: The Americans - 04/19/14
Well, there were two instances of US technology lost to the commies.

One was the silent propeller tech lost under Carter and valued in the billions iirc.

The other was orbital science missile guidance tech. Under the Clitman adm.
Posted By: oldman1942 Re: The Americans - 04/19/14
Yes it was the Walker clan who alerted the Reds to their noisy props.

Before you get too excited, remember that Boeing was having secret meeting with the Japs in Seattle hotels in 1941 to give them (for $) the plans on how to build B-17s.
© 24hourcampfire