Home
My only son, Daniel, and his Wife Kristina are at the hospital in Miami Florida right now for the second time in as many days. Our third grandbaby is due in LATE May, but my DIL Kristina started bleeding over the weekend, and today her water broke. If the baby is born tonight - and it looks like this is going to be the case - the baby will be a full 7 weeks early. Very premature.

The Dr's are monitoring the momma and the baby closely, and giving them both anti-biotics, nutrition and growth steroids so as to give the baby the best possible opportunity to grow his or her lungs and heart while in the last few hours of time in the womb.

THANK YOU, in advance, to the many here who pray and care. You all mean MUCH to me and I know that you all have your own struggles. I am just pretty worried about my son's family and my newest grandbaby right now.

I am SO GLAD that my strength is in the LORD GOD, creator of this entire universe, who loves me and cares about me. You will understand this better when I give up the rest of the story:

This past Saturday, as Sherri and I were flying home from the Cancer Treatment Center in Zion Ill, I got a rather hysterical phone call from my mother in North Idaho. My aunt Bevery, her closest sister emotionally and geographically, had just died. There was no way that I could re route our flights to be with her at this difficult time, and I was exhausted from the cancer center trip anyways. My poor 94 year old Grandmother has now had to suffer through the funerals of two husbands and now three of her own children. I hope that I can comfort my grandma some with this memorial service, message and song.

On the SAME DAY (Saturday), while we are still in transit from the Cancer Center and worried about my mom and grandma, I also get a call from my son that Kristina and the baby are in trouble. Kristina is bleeding and having other trouble and they are in the hospital. Of course, I cannot get THERE to be with my son and his family, either. Sunday I was pretty wiped out and other than going to church I slept all day and night.

Monday I was asked by my mom and cousins to come up to North Idaho and conduct the memorial and Eulogy for my aunt. On my way to North Idaho this afternoon, while communicating with my cousins and mom about tomorrows service and what they all want, and while practicing my song that I will sing to try and bring some comfort to my mom and cousins and grandma, in addition to a Euology, I get the call from my son that Kristina's water has broken and my grandbaby is likely coming, ready world or NOT! But of course pre-mature by quite a lot.

So, right now I am trying to rest a little and prepare for conducting and preaching the funeral while monitoring my son and DIL's and #3 Grandbaby's condition from 3,000 miles away. Adding all of this to my news from my Nephrologist and the Cancer Center and trying to proccess all of this...

I am SO VERY GLAD that I KNOW in my heart and in my mind, thouroughly convinced, that our great God - whom I gladly declare as my Lord, Ruler and thankfully also Saviour and friend, has all of this wrapped up and planned out and is actually carrying this load. I cannot bear that which, without him, would otherwise be upon me right now in my weakened state.

Thank you, all of you, for your prayers and care. With those prayers plus a bit of faith resulting in Gods intervention and healing and Holy Spirit Power I will have a wonderful report of a healthy new grandbaby tomorrow and a wonderful time of remembering , honoring, grieving properly but also rejoicing for my aunt Beverly who is now at REST in Jesus and way better off than all of us put together!

All Praise and Glory and Honor and Worship be to God.

I am going to try and sleep here in a bit, but will surely have my telephone on by my bed here!

MARK
Praying now Mark. All things are possible thru Christ...
Mark, I am praying for you and yours as I type. My nephew was so premature, he weighed 2 lbs 6 ozs at birth. At 32 years old - he is 6 ft tall, and weighs 280# - NOT a failure to thrive case!
Best wishes to you and all of yours.

Mark
Consider it done Mark. For you and all of your family.
Hang int there.
Thanks, all of you.

I just got a text from my beautiful bride (Asphalt Angel here) INSTRUCTING and COMMANDING me to go right to bed! shocked

So, off I go, trusting in the Lord and thankful for her and for all of you.

More news tomorrow,

Good night.
Thoughts and prayers from Iowa.
Did it before reading your post, Mark. Talk to God and be still, He said. Give Him His time. He is never too late.
Mark, view it all as positive.

Your aunt is celebrating a homecoming, I'm sure your message will convey that to all.

All these other events are in God's hands. I pray that the neonatal unit will have all the utmost advanced medical capabilities possible and be staffed with caring, compassionate professionals.

I also pray that you Don't let the physical and mental loads of this drain you of your strength to keep your unwaivering faith high as we spoke about. Guard your witness as always sir, it is an encouragement to me.
Prayers sent.
Godspeed to all. Get your rest.
Prayers from here.
Prayers sent. I am a NICU doc, and while 7 weeks early is still quite premature we can support those babies very very well.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Oh man, don't know where to begin except to say you've got the answer.

Originally Posted by safariman
All Praise and Glory and Honor and Worship be to God.

Prayers of course.
Prayers sent.
Prayers sent
Done
Originally Posted by slumlord

I also pray that you Don't let the physical and mental loads of this drain you of your strength to keep your unwaivering faith high as we spoke about. Guard your witness as always sir, it is an encouragement to me.

This, get some rest. Worry is a lack of faith.
Done.
sent from here
Continued prayers for your family Mark.
Praying right now for your son and his wife and especially your grandchild.

Sincere thoughts and prayers for your family. God's will be done.
Dear God, we are thankful that you are with us in good times and bad.
Help us to remember that you will always listen when we speak.
Amen.
I hope all is well.
Up to take my middle of the night prescriptions, and no messages from Miami. I will take this as a sign that everyone is sleeping and AOK. I will go back to sleep myself as soon as my pain is back under control.

Sleep came pretty easily so far tonight, knowing that God is, indeed, in control and more than capable and able.

Times like this remind me of a worship song that I love:

He is able, more than able

To accomplish what concerns me today

He is able, MORE than able

To handle anything that comes my way

To do much more than I have ever dreamed

To accomplish what concerns me today

I wish I knew how to find it in a U Tube video of this song to share with you all, it is a quite powerful, beautiful song, but more than that, so very true. And thusly, so comforting!

Also reminds me of a wall poster and bumper sticker I have seen once or twice:

"This is God, I have all of your 'stuff' handled and in control today, and do not need your help. Stand down, watch me work, and just enjoy mt presence today. I got this"

Thankfully, I have been able to do exactly all of this tonight and get some much needed sleep and rest. Big day ahead, so I am going to head back for some more sleep so that I can fully ENJOY what God is doing and thouroughly enjoy and bask in his love and his presence while I see Gods plan unfold before me. Good night all, version 2.0, Resting in the mighty hands of God as I should. MARK
Mark, more Prayers on the way from TX. May the Lord give you the strength of Jobe! Sounds like you need it here as of late. Neal
I will be praying for all of you guys. Please keep us posted.

Jim
I hope and PRAY everything will be the best it can be.
I pray that our Father God may extend his mercy and loving kindness to your family and you in this time of trial.
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Consider it done Mark. For you and all of your family.
Ditto from here.. At the same time, 7 wks early isn't uncommon - and survival rates at that stage are huge..

Let us all know when you can..
prayers offered up from Florida Mark.
Prayers sent. I was in that tough spot 20 years ago. My daughter arrived 6 weeks early while I was in CA on business. Today she is perfect and a sophomore at ASU.
Just saw this. Praying for you and your family. Any news from your trip to cancer center?
Done.
Mark, done here, best we can.

jeff
Prayers lifted up, Mark.

Ed
Prayers on the way.
Originally Posted by rufous
Just saw this. Praying for you and your family. Any news from your trip to cancer center?

Thank you friend Brian, you are truly one of my closest and dearest friends I have on this planet and a real gift from God. I hope that I am this to and for you as well. Sherri is doing great, got cleared to go and do what ever she feels up to doing. That was the good news. The not so wonderful news is that they agree with the Doc's here at home that no one can touch my tumor until after I get a successful kidney transplant. Also that it is now time for me to get set up with a kidney transplant hospital and get a dyalysis port put into my body.
Originally Posted by Sponxx
Prayers sent. I am a NICU doc, and while 7 weeks early is still quite premature we can support those babies very very well.
Let me know if you have any questions.

This reply, and those of the others here who have been down this road gave me SO much hope and joy last night and today! I guess I am (or was) more worried about this baby than I needed to be or should have been. There is a likelyhood that this one will be my last blood relation grandbaby, ever.
Update, such as it is. Daniel says that so far everyone is fine, no baby yet. But, this baby's time in the womb is probably to be measured now in hours or days rather than weeks or months as originally thought until the weekends events.

I am moving (in my heart and head) from a place of great worry to a point of rejoicing. Just looking forward to hearing about a healthy baby and delivery!

Time to organize my thoughts about todays funeral service and put them to paper and then note's in my bible, used also as markers for the various places I plan to read from.

Very fascinating that we are anxiously awaiting and celebrating a new life starting out here on the same very day that we say our good by's and also celebrate a life well lived who has just now achieved the ultimate graduation and promotion.

My deepest thanks and gratitude for all of you here who are praying for both my grandbaby and my grieving family as well as for me as I negotiate these waters. Again, I am SO glad that my Pilot knows these waters well, and has been through this place many, many times before. I am more than happy to give Jesus Christ the wheel here and play a supporting part! Whenever I forcibly take the wheel of my life, thinking of myself instead of others and Christ JEsus, I run it into the rocks and in SHORT ORDER! Every time this happens, God lovingly removes my life's ship from said rocks, and somehow ALWAYS turns my wreckage into something beutifull, sea worthy and useful again. In Gods word this is reffered to his trading "Beauty for ashes" How many times have I come to God with a 'ship' (my life) in a heap and piled into the rocks and burned to a crisp by my own foolishness. And how many times has he lovingly and patiently, like a father fixing a broken toy for a small child, taken my mess of ashes and splinters and turned them into something beautiful again.

While I have enjoyed watching his work, and am enjoying a life of beauty and blessings given to me by God even right now, I am FINALLY learning - I think - to quit taking the wheel back in the first place! God has this day ordained and figured out. Now, it is for me to listen and find out how I can best jon him in his work and allow myself to be an object of blessing to my grieving family today and be a conduit of Gods love and GOOD NEWS.

Prayers said for Kristina and Daniel, and for their baby.
Mark, for what its worth I was a premature baby by six weeks way back in 1980 and a decent hospital then could handle it. I weighed 3 pounds but I made up for it since I packed on another 280 since then lol

Thinking of you and I hope my experience can calm your ragged nerves a bit.

Prayers sent for the family and child.
Prayers on the way
GeoW, THANKS for finding and posting that song clip! I showed it to my mother just now, as her heart is very heavy as well today. It was a blessing to us both. Muchos Gracias.

Finishing my second cup of coffee, then it will be time to don my suit, and get this Euology ordered and into notes and thoughts for later today.

I am a man highly blessed,

Thanks to all of you!

MARK
Prayers sent from West Texas. You guys are in good hands Mark.
Prayers sent
Sending up one now, Mark. My son was born 10 weeks early, 15 years ago. He is now healthy, happy and an honor student. 7 weeks is early, but if there are no other complications, your grandchild should be just fine.
Prayers for the family and a healthy baby.
Done my friend.
Done, sir.
Just saw this Mark, they have the prayers of Kath & I for a great outcome and healthy child.
Comin your way!
Prayers sent. E
Adding to the other examples:

My twins born at 33 weeks. Although a couple of issues can come up and they will prolly spend time in the NICU, modern NICUs are well versed at handling these. Kids now 13 and perfect (except the condition of their bedrooms)!
Originally Posted by jimboshrmp

My twins born at 33 weeks. Although a couple of issues can come up and they will prolly spend time in the NICU, modern NICUs are well versed at handling these. Kids now 13 and perfect (except the condition of their bedrooms)!
Originally Posted by jimboshrmp

FUNNY stuff right there, and I can relate! Problem is, my wife says the same thing ab out my gun room! (keeps her out of there, though..... )

Thanks
So happy to hear the news about Sherri's prognosis. Trusting in God with you regarding your tumor and kidneys.
Just saw this. Prayers and best wishes from here.

Paul
Prayers sent.
Prayers sent for God's care for all involved
Thanks, I did give an update, but I must have missed doing so in this particular thread.

My grandson was born on Thursday afternoon, 4:45PM, 7 weeks pre mature but weighing in at SIX lbs! and 19.1 inches. Needs some breathing apparatus right now, but other than that doing A-OK.

We all very much APPRECIATE your prayers!

MARK
© 24hourcampfire