Home
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/04...spended-for-displaying-confederate-flag/

"The African-American students who immediately saw it really exercised heroic restraint and fortunately a teacher immediately confiscated the flag and took the students out of the gym,� Cregan said.

The students were initially suspended for 10 days, but Cregan decided Tuesday they won�t be allowed back, Brown reported."

"In response to those who said the students were exercising their right to free speech, Cregan said there are limits.

�I certainly think this particular symbol of hate falls in the category of something that should be excised from our culture,� Cregan said."

Confederate Flag represents godly defiance to tyranny in my mind.
Nothing surprizes me anymore about this country. Sad times we live in....
Your country is so stuffed.
you should have posted the rest Father Cregan's remarks. Very reveling.
Typical. And selective enforcement from the Justice Dept. Imagine if the students had been wearing a Mexican Flag or a shirt with Malcom X's image on it. Have the New Black Prancers got a flag?
I can see how some folks (uneducated about it though they may be) view it as a symbol of slavery, racism, and prejudice. To these people, it's no different than Jews being offended by a Nazi flag being displayed in their presence.
I should have pointed out at the get go that this is a private Roman Catholic school.

It kinda shocks me, the fervency of the hatred.
What was it? A couple of years ago a fellow was shot on a sidewalk for having a confederate flag. And the young man gunned down in Tenn. for flying one from his pickup truck.

I nailed a big confederate flag to the side of my house right after the Lawrence vs Texas decision came down. I stand in defiance of sodom. But thats just me...

I found this:

Sarasota teen shot over Confederate apparel, police say

Sarasota Herald-Tribune

Published: April 25, 2009

Michael Mitchell

A Sarasota Military Academy student has been arrested in the shooting of another teenager in downtown Sarasota Friday night.

Police say Michael J. Mitchell, 18, shot Dan. A. Azeff, 18, in the chest at about 10:40 p.m. Friday in the 1900 block of Main Street. Azeff, a student at Sarasota High School, was flown to Bayfront Medical Center in St. Petersburg, where he is listed in serious but stable condition.

According to police:

Mitchell and Azeff were walking down Main Street last night, both with separate groups of friends. The two did not know each other. Azeff was wearing a hat with a Confederate flag on it and carrying a Confederate flag. Mitchell confronted Azeff, reportedly asking him if he was a racist. The two got into an argument and Mitchell pulled out a gun and shot Azeff once in the chest.

Mitchell, of the 5300 block of Southerly Way, was arrested at his house early today on a charge of aggravated battery with a firearm

Back in 1995:

Mr. Westerman, 19, a white graduate of a high school whose teams are nicknamed the Rebels, was killed by a gunshot to the heart. The four black youths, Freddy Morrow, Damien Darden and Tony Andrews, all 17, and Marcus Merriweather, 15, were charged with murder in juvenile court on Thursday.

"I've talked to all of them and the only thing that might have motivated them was the fact that the truck had a Rebel flag on it," said Detective Dave Benton of the Robertson County Sheriff's office.

WTF did the Confederate flag become the poster child for hate and racism?

People are friggin' nutz.
I wonder if the same attention and enforcement of the "rules" would have been exercised had he worn an Malcolm X T-shirt or one that depicted Black Panther images?
Sad thing is that neither student nor the administrators took the time to research the origin and true meaning of that flag....heck, I'm a "Yankee" by birth and I know those things. Maybe because I chose to educate myself on a variety of topics with an open mind....
People who choose to be offended are going to find something to be offended about. You can never make enough changes to satisfy them. Ole Miss gave up Col. Reb and half the student body is still pissed about something!
Pavementends
The Confederate Flag don't belong in Long Island New York anyway...

Them two ole boys would be welcome here.
My high school has been the Lamar "Redskins" since 1936, the PC crowd got a hold of it, now they are the Lamar "Texans". They thought it was offensive to native americans.
Originally Posted by 12344mag

When it was co-opted by Nazi hate groups and the Klan.

Now a decent American can't fly it without being labeled a Nazi or Klucker.

You can thank those azzholes.
�It represents slavery to us. It represents racism and prejudice to us,� parent JuJu Quinnonez added.

This quote right here, from the article, reminds me of the old Tarzan movies with Johnny Weissmuller where the african safari "bearers" were terrified of the deep jungle african tribesmen (head hunters) playing their drums, and would warn their white masters . . . "Bwana, Bwana, JuJu man come!"

[Linked Image]
To which the white hunter replies, "Ungawa! Pese, pese!", and the black safari headman would whip the bearers. They should have listened to the bearers, as they all get torn in half by "tear'em in half" bent trees or gorillas or just shot with poisoned arrows.

I also found humor in the name of the parent.

(Ungawa - generic African for hello, goodbye, lift that thing (to elephants), move your ass, or GFY.
Pese - "pace-ee or pace-ay" - faster, move your ass).
Shocking! Today the student with a Confederate flag is expelled; tomorrow, it'll be the student with a Nazi flag. smirk
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
Shocking! Today the student with a Confederate flag is expelled; tomorrow, it'll be the student with a Nazi flag. smirk

The Confederate Flag represents a place in the history of about 25% of this country. The Nazi Flag, not so much. smirk
That's the chance you take when you live in a nation that has a guarantee of freedom of speech.
I used to argue with this POS on the Obama forums when they were up and runnig. He's the head guy of a black militant group in Texas and this was his avatar.

His office rent, supplies and payroll are totally funded by government grants.

Damn sad.

Denny

[Linked Image]
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Whatever one thinks of the Confederate Flag, the Nazi flag, the American flag or any other symbol - the whole point of the 1st Amendment is to protect the unpopular viewpoint, not the popular ones.

That guy Cregan is the kind of person the 1st Amendment was written to protect us against.

While we're at it, the f*cking BLM might want to read that, especially the fifth and sixth clauses.
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
I used to argue with this POS on the Obama forums when they were up and runnig. He's the head guy of a black militant group in Texas and this was his avatar.

Damn sad.

Denny

[Linked Image]

So what did he do, jack cars for a living?
He lived off government grants for a living and damn proud of as well as he told me many times.

Not a bashful n*gger at all. I used to have his phone number.

Denny.

liberal education
He lived off government grants for a living and damn proud of as well as he told me many times.

Not a bashful n*gger at all. I used to have his phone number.

Denny.

They think "grants" are just free money with no idea where it comes from.....
Originally Posted by JohnMoses

Theres a slew of other southern flags that no one gives a chit about either. Flying the battle flag is like flying a swastica and saying you just like the shape.

Originally Posted by 16bore

Theres a slew of other southern flags that no one gives a chit about either. Flying the battle flag is like flying a swastica and saying you just like the shape.

Interesting enough that over here it is not seen as racial, rather it is seen as a call to resistance, much like flying the Southern Cross (Eureka flag).
KKK pretty much put the race cap on it. Funny, the only reason it looks the way it does was that the first national was confusing in battle.

Guess flying a rainbow means more than liking Lucky Charms too......
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
I wonder if the same attention and enforcement of the "rules" would have been exercised had he worn an Malcolm X T-shirt or one that depicted Black Panther images?
Sad thing is that neither student nor the administrators took the time to research the origin and true meaning of that flag....heck, I'm a "Yankee" by birth and I know those things. Maybe because I chose to educate myself on a variety of topics with an open mind....

Point well taken.
My next WV license plate will read WHITEBOY

Denny.

Well said.
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus

The Confederate Flag represents a place in the history of about 25% of this country. The Nazi Flag, not so much. smirk

---------------------------------------------------------------

Theo is a dumbazzz who is as ignorant as the people who think the Confederate flag is about racism --don't bother explaining anything to him/her..
The flag might not be, but the guys carrying it in the white robes see otherwise.

Damn sad.

Denny

[Linked Image]
. You boys in Texas let guys like that have guns ? LOL crazy
Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
PUBLISHED: APRIL 17, 2014

JACKSON, Miss. (AP) � A national fraternity group has closed its University of Mississippi chapter after three members were accused of tying a noose around the neck of a statue of the first black student to enroll in the then-all white Southern college.

The university announced Thursday that the national office of Sigma Phi Epsilon, based in Richmond, Va., had closed its Ole Miss chapter.

The names of the three students haven't been released. They were kicked out of the fraternity.

Besides the noose, someone draped a pre-2003 Georgia state flag with a Confederate battle emblem in its design on the face of the James Meredith statue in the pre-dawn hours of a Sunday morning in February.

Ole Miss spokesman Tom Eppes says the students face university disciplinary proceedings and the FBI is investigating.
[Linked Image]
An odd tidbit - the swastika (although reversed) was an old indian peace symbol, here in the southwest.

Mark
Guess flying a rainbow means more than liking Lucky Charms too......

It depends on the rainbow:
The rainbow flag, commonly gay pride flag and sometimes LGBT pride flag, is a symbol of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) pride and LGBT social movements in use since the 1970s. The colors reflect the diversity of the LGBT community, and the flag is often used as a symbol of gay pride in LGBT rights marches. It originated in California, but is now used worldwide.
Originally Posted by mark shubert
An odd tidbit - the swastika (although reversed) was an old indian peace symbol, here in the southwest.

Mark

It's also all over Asia, on temples and such.
also norse runes, celtic art etc.
© 24hourcampfire