Home
Ahh, day 4 of the kidney stone adventure.

Right kidney.

The journey of the stone can be tracked by a natural indicator called "pain".

I can tell that it's going to be a very slow journey. Yeah, we're still up in the side area where the roads are pretty decent. Having a heck of a time on the good roads, this might get interesting once we reach the narrow back roads, the ureter trail.

I wonder if it's worth placing bets on? How long before it passes?

Like when folks place bets on wimmin foke having babies (time of birth)?

start drinking now, lots of cheap light beer, acts a diuretic and numbs the pain.
Been on that adventure...good luck

Nothing like passing a bowling ball through a straw.
Try drinking some apple cider vinegar.

It's supposed to work.

Maybe.

Can we take bets on if your going to cry? grin
Mine looked like a ninja star. I would have kept it, but I felt I could inflict some type of revenge by flushing it.

Good luck Dave. Mine took 3 days to pass.

Clyde
I know a woman with experience in both who says passing a kidney stone is more painful than having a baby...
ouch wish you the best Dave, I'd be seeing if a doc didn't have one of those doohickeys to send sound waves? in there to bust that puppy up

I've seen magnified pix of those kidney stones. Yikes, talk about a jagged lil pill

they say what don't kill ya makes you stronger

I spect we'll being seeing pix of you balancing a tranny on one hand while bolting it back on any day now if that be true.

luck to you bud
My brother had one of those once. Then he wuz jerking off and he shot the dog.
I went in once for one of these.... meh.

They stuck me with an IV tube and pumped me fulla water.

I'm thinking "seriously? was that necessary? I can drink water ya know..."

I'm thinking maybe by Friday.

It has moved a little since yesterday. Today I can stand up pretty straight.

So I got that goin for me, which is nice.

Been there, no fun. Keep drinking as much as you can to flush it through.
Damn dude, I have had one about 6 months ago. Nothing like pissing out a goat-head. Good luck!
Must be a debris field this time.

Some came through, but there's still a boulder wedged in the ureter trail.

Well, at least it wont be a boring week. I was worried it might be boring.
A few from my collection the Dr. didn't want for analyzing...

Stay strong Brutha,...fight Whitey.!

[Linked Image]
Best to you my friend! Dad gets them. i want nothing to do with them. Even watching from the sidelines isnt fun!
Not been there, and don't want that journey.

Good luck.
I've got a shooting buddy who gets these with fair regularity.
I offered to set a chair up in the drive way so he could whiz it away and I've one less stone to replace.
He had something unprintable to say.

Jim
I hear repeated kicks in the Jimmy will help stones pass quickly,....might want to try that.

[Linked Image]

White bear offered to punch me in the kidneys. I'm still thinking about it....
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy
start drinking now, lots of cheap light beer, acts a diuretic and numbs the pain.

So you're telling him not to alter his usual routine? laugh
The odd part is, the pain isn't where people think it would be. I didn't even feel it when it finally passed. I pissed in a strainer and heard a little "clink". Between the kidney and bladder was the highway to hell.
yep.

I think I could piss beer bottle caps without much trouble.

It's the fine pluming tween kidney and bladder that's the real trouble. Pain is in the back for the most part.
Spend the day on a skid steer and shake that bad boy loose.
Had one of those last year. Thank God for Oxycontin.
I"m thinking shaking em loose might actually work... road a horrible bumpy ride to an ambulance once at Camp Perry. Pissed the stone out giving a sample when I got to the hospital.

I got one yesterday morning around 10am. Finally couldn't stand the pain at 115 pm and took some meds and kept drinking water. Woke up around 330pm and could pee like normal and life was back to normal.

Though I feel like I've been beaten in the left kidney by a bat still today. Amazing if I can get rid of one fast, that my body is still weird for a few days at least. Felt really chitty at a brush fire at lunch... could tell SUnday wasn't any fun.

Good luck!
Originally Posted by northern_dave
yep.

It's the fine pluming tween kidney and bladder that's the real trouble. Pain is in the back for the most part.

Yep. The last 14 inches was the easy part.
I'm going to collect ND's passed stones (after he retrieves and washes them). They work GREAT for brass tumbling media!
I like to refer to them as the "Pearl of David". smile

[Linked Image]
Had one of those bastards last year. About the size of a 100 gr. .243 Nosler. About 6mm wide x 15mm long.

Doc said it would be likely too big to pass. Wanted to go in, bust it up, and retrieve the pieces. I was none too keen on that after hearing a couple horror stories here, and put it off as long as I could.

Spent a good 6 months with that companion (probably much longer...pissed blood a year before and passed it off to too many muscle relaxers one day). Only a couple bad days, and a night where I fell asleep on my knees with my chest on the couch...only way I could get close to comfortable. Still, very uncomfortable at times, but not exceptionally painful. In all I had two bad rough patches where it got stuck, and required a little pressure from a pressurized kidney to move it forward a bit.

Every couple weeks or month, I'd be pissin' blood, and knew it was on the move. About the time I started feeling like the tip of my junk was being pinched ever time I pissed, I knew it was close to the bladder. Called the doc and got a prescription for flomax.

About 3am one morning, and after being on Flomax for about 36 hours, I was sitting on the can, half asleep, taking a leak. It was that moment I learned I could levitate from a seated position. When the fugger left the ureter and plinked into the bladder, it felt like someone snapped a super duty rubber band up against my bladder.

Went to sleep, took my morning piss. Nice root beer color. Then I felt a sharp stab at the base of my junk. Knew it was time. Popped a vicodin, and started drinking beer (combination bladder filler and pain killer). By 10 am I could hold it no more, and headed to the shower. Got half way through my stream and was wondering when it was gonna hit, when I looked down in the bottom of the shower, and there it was. Never felt it pass, other than a ever so slight burning. I was shocked. AND relieved.

By 10:30 I was back in bed sleeping off the beer and vicodin.
How much you need? You is in luck!

(went in for this once a year or 2 ago. They stuffed me into the magic picture machine, snapped some macro gut-tography. Showed I has plenty of them in me.)

Doctor said I'm full of em!

Pee rocks for everyone! Woooo!!
Originally Posted by DaveR
Had one of those bastards last year. About the size of a 100 gr. .243 Nosler. About 6mm wide x 15mm long.

Doc said it would be likely too big to pass. Wanted to go in, bust it up, and retrieve the pieces. I was none too keen on that after hearing a couple horror stories here, and put it off as long as I could.

Spent a good 6 months with that companion (probably much longer...pissed blood a year before and passed it off to too many muscle relaxers one day). Only a couple bad days, and a night where I fell asleep on my knees with my chest on the couch...only way I could get close to comfortable. Still, very uncomfortable at times, but not exceptionally painful. In all I had two bad rough patches where it got stuck, and required a little pressure from a pressurized kidney to move it forward a bit.

Every couple weeks or month, I'd be pissin' blood, and knew it was on the move. About the time I started feeling like the tip of my junk was being pinched ever time I pissed, I knew it was close to the bladder. Called the doc and got a prescription for flomax.

About 3am one morning, and after being on Flomax for about 36 hours, I was sitting on the can, half asleep, taking a leak. It was that moment I learned I could levitate from a seated position. When the fugger left the ureter and plinked into the bladder, it felt like someone snapped a super duty rubber band up against my bladder.

Went to sleep, took my morning piss. Nice root beer color. Then I felt a sharp stab at the base of my junk. Knew it was time. Popped a vicodin, and started drinking beer (combination bladder filler and pain killer). By 10 am I could hold it no more, and headed to the shower. Got half way through my stream and was wondering when it was gonna hit, when I looked down in the bottom of the shower, and there it was. Never felt it pass, other than a ever so slight burning. I was shocked. AND relieved.

Fascinating and horrifying at the same time.

These kidney stone threads bring out the neatest stories.

crazy

lol!

I like that "bladder filler pain killer", I'm gonna start medicating in about 45 minutes.

Mine looked like a mace and woke me from a dead sleep when it started making it's move. I thought I was dying and fought going to the hospital but eventually couldn't take it anymore.

It was 2 am and I told the wife i'm headed to the ER and i'll drive myself. Still can't believe I made it without passing out.

I hope like hell to never have another one of those damned things pass through me again. I'd rather have 10 colonoscopy's than pass another kidney stone.
Originally Posted by 280shooter
yep.

LOL.

I remember when I finally peed mine out it was 3am and I woke up the wife to tell her. Hurt to piss the next couple of days but then I was ok. Now I am paranoid for the next one.
Northern Dave! Lord of the Stones!

Soon, he will piss out a hobbit.
Yeah, once you have one... and me, I dunno, probably not that many by some accounts but should be up to around a dozen or so by now.

I can't stand the dull onset because I know what the next 1-5 days might be like.

Though I"ve passed 2 without any meds due to locations so far... I try to have my meds with me at all times.
I've been feeling phantom stone pains the last couple of days, but my back is so bad it is hard to tell since I am so paranoid.

I had one a couple of years ago. Never felt pain like that before or since. Had the lithotripsy. After the procedure the pain was lessened greatly, however it Still took about 3 weeks to pass everything.
passed two in the last couple of months, allegedly two of the bastiges still in there..

I have enough pain pills to stun an elephant and i start chewing them when that dull ache starts just below my shoulder blade..

drugs are good

seriously sucks azz
Dave, I get these things every couple of years and its a bitch. About 5 years ago a doc gave me a bottle of Flomax and it's a blessing. First sign of back pain and I take 2 and then one a day for a week. It still hurts but is MUCH, MUCH Better.
See a doc and try it, it might help.

Greg
Felt that pain twice. I hate the stones.
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Mine looked like a mace and woke me from a dead sleep when it started making it's move. I thought I was dying and fought going to the hospital but eventually couldn't take it anymore.

It was 2 am and I told the wife i'm headed to the ER and i'll drive myself. Still can't believe I made it without passing out.

I hope like hell to never have another one of those damned things pass through me again. I'd rather have 10 colonoscopy's than pass another kidney stone.

sounds like my first one. woke me up at 3am out of a dead sleep. had the wife drive me to the ER, told her to run every red light after checking for cars first.
I had two at the same time once. I hope never again. I drink fresh squeezed lemon juice in water three times a day. The acid in lemons is supposed to dissolve whatever in your blood and collects in your kidneys that forms stones. Have'nt had any since. I feel for you brother.
got a collection of rocks at home in a bottle...anything that takes that much blood, sweat, and tears is worth saving.

found laying face down in bed helps some when they are on the move...that and drugs. for me, best cocktail to lessen discomfort was a couple of oxycodone with a promethazine kicker.

have had several analyzed...all calcium oxalate here. biggest to date is 6mm also , looked like one of those "rose rock" sandstone formations.

used to get them about once a year, at a doc's suggestion i cut back caffeine intake, and the size/frequency of stones dropped dramatically.

Got up one night in bad shape. Thought I was going to die. Doubled over,sweating profusely and severe back pain. I was in school at the time, so pulled out the stethoscope; self checked BP and pulse and honestly said a prayer. Crawled to the bathroom and over the tub. A short time later screamed bloody murder and passed out. Stalactite.
Originally Posted by DaveR

Great play by play. Thanks. wink Now we know what to expect. cry
Originally Posted by 280shooter
yep.

grin You guys kill me sometimes. Great sense of humor there.
Last one I had started in July.I went to the ER and 6 hours later I was really doped up, feeling no pain from Toradal, Duladid and muscle relaxers. They sent me home and said I had probably passed it. Fast forward to December,back to the ER. CT scan showed it was right where it was back in July. 1/2 way down the tube.

I leaned that one thing you don't say is "I'm not leaving until you get that damn thing out".

This was a little satellite hospital so they sent me via ambulance to the main facility where they had all the necessary tools. They wouldn't let my wife drive me, and I bet that ambulance purposely hit every pot hole on the way.

I get to the OR and they have tray of tools set out that looked like something from a medevil castle's torture room.

No way could all those things fit up there.

I wake up, my BP is 230 and I can feel everything is really sore. First whiz and I think I am pi$$ing fire. My vitals return to almost normal and they release me at 11PM with a handheld urinal. We stopped 6 times in 30 miles getting home for me to whiz.

Now I drink 60 oz. of water a day, no caffeine, and 12 oz glass of lemonade every day. The urologist claims that keeps the system a little acidic and counteracts the forming of the calcium oxalate stones. Seems to be working as I have not had done for awhile.
Such nice stories. Lol

Well, it feels like I been passing a debris field. Piss pipes from my kidneys on out feels like I shook about 40 broken beer bottles through a cheap plastic dryer vent hose.

Really looking forward to trying to sleep tonight.

But the older I get, the less I have that I call my own. I dont have a Harley right now, nor a hot rod or muscle car, dirt bike, functional hunting truck....

But this pain, it's all mine baby. Can't sell this $hit.
The kids don't want it, nobody wants it. I finally found something I can keep for ever.

You're all probably jealous.

Too bad, go get your own pain.

Lol
Eat a can of frozen OJ and ...
Save em if ya can; they bring big money on ebay.
I had one back in March. Took a week to pass it. Something I wish on no one.
freakin bums, this is worse than watching a scary movie

ain't ever had one

don't want any

what in the hades were we doing spending alla that money puttin a man on the moon when guys get kidney stones?

little pink ribbons for cancer

lil red ribbons for heart disease

we need to pin bottle caps on our lapels for the fight against kidney stones

mebbe have Obama write an XO outlawing kidney stones (so only outlaws will have kidney stones)

it sounds like sheer misery from this angle boys....brrrrr honeycomb
Originally Posted by fish head
Try drinking some apple cider vinegar.

It's supposed to work.

Maybe.

Can we take bets on if your going to cry? grin

I am thinking Beefeaters and M&R Extra Dry. Worried about it while working in the Middle East and just hoped to hell I would not get it.
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Save em if ya can; they bring big money on ebay.

Jewellery like elk buglers?
Had my first one a year ago. A real treat, especially when you don't know what it is. Pizzed it out the next day. Tha damn thing looked like an asteroid.
The pain is humbling to say the least.
Originally Posted by thumbcocker
I had two at the same time once. I hope never again. I drink fresh squeezed lemon juice in water three times a day. The acid in lemons is supposed to dissolve whatever in your blood and collects in your kidneys that forms stones. Have'nt had any since. I feel for you brother.

Lemon juice does contain an acid or enzyme that will dissolve stones. Even this late in the game if you'll drink some condensed lemon juice it will dissolve the burrs off of the stone and make it pass easier. I've had over a dozen, the largest @ 7mm. I started drinking lemonade daily about a year and a half ago and have only had one since then. I didn't even know I had it until I passed it. The Lemonade/Lemon juice really works.
Good Luck with it,
Rick
some of you will be amused to learn that I took a swig of vinegar this morning and chased it with a big glass of water.

some of you will be amused to learn that I took a swig of vinegar this morning and chased it with a big glass of water.

I think that's called douching. laugh
OJ & a shave happen yet?
That's a private matter.

But was it Braggs Le Naturale apple cider vinegar?
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Northern Dave! Lord of the Stones!

Soon, he will piss out a hobbit.

Dave/Lord of the Stones,

Are going to name your stone?

How about "My Precious"?

laugh
Originally Posted by RickinTN
Originally Posted by thumbcocker

Lemon juice does contain an acid or enzyme that will dissolve stones. Even this late in the game if you'll drink some condensed lemon juice it will dissolve the burrs off of the stone and make it pass easier. I've had over a dozen, the largest @ 7mm. I started drinking lemonade daily about a year and a half ago and have only had one since then. I didn't even know I had it until I passed it. The Lemonade/Lemon juice really works.
Good Luck with it,
Rick

How about "mikes" hard lemonade?
Found a bottle of Braggs on the counter top at home.
I didn't buy it.
Wife has had stones before, guess it belongs to her.

Originally Posted by Raeford

But was it Braggs Le Naturale apple cider vinegar?

no, it was something in a white plastic jug, reglar ole distilled vinegar, tasted exactly like vinegar.

So your in pain lots of pain then?

Finish off that gal, good for you, melt out your insides.
Originally Posted by Wtxj
So your in pain lots of pain then?

Meh....

Originally Posted by Wtxj
Finish off that gal, good for you, melt out your insides.

It's just a qt.

Well........no more guns for you Dave- now that you've gotten stoned! grin

(Karma's gonna be bitch so I might as well continue........)

If you listen closely over your own groans you will hear your stones singing Seals and Crofts............yeah- "we may never pass this way again......" crazy
That would suck! Never had 'em. Never want 'em!! I feel for ya bud.

I have to admit though, I chuckled at the "douching" comment.

smile
Mine didn't pass. Urologist put a tube down my piss hole and done whatever needed. I know how ya feel the pain feels like a knife jabbed in you.
Originally Posted by RickinTN

Good Luck with it,
Rick

Not sure if Lemon juice will do anything once it passes out of the kidney.

Might have to assault it from the other direction...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Ahhh so, yew make a funny!

Make a norvern dave a raff owt roud! Ahh-haa-haa! Yew vewy funny!

I feel your pain because I've experienced two of them. Both were bad, but the last one was really special. I was in King Salmon, Alaska on a fishing trip and while waiting for the air flight back to Anchorage it started. The pain felt like I'd been stabbed in the back. I got on the plane and made it to Anchorage and began to feel a little better so decided to continue on to the next stop which was LAX. Bad idea. It was total agony. NO pain meds. The fight was full of children who wanted to play in the restrooms when I need to be in one of them. It was the flight from Hell. From LAX it was another 3hrs by auto to home. That was lots of fun too.
Dave, apparently my kidneys work by power of suggestion, so with that said F you, I woke up this morning and went oh-no, at least the bad stuff won't happen for a few hours.
Originally Posted by mathman

So you're telling him not to alter his usual routine? laugh

Sounds like an Orbit Beer and Hard Boiled Egg thing. As long as your going to suffer with that thing you might as well let the rest of the family enjoy the event along with you.
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
ouch wish you the best Dave, I'd be seeing if a doc didn't have one of those doohickeys to send sound waves? in there to bust that puppy up

I've seen magnified pix of those kidney stones. Yikes, talk about a jagged lil pill

they say what don't kill ya makes you stronger

I spect we'll being seeing pix of you balancing a tranny on one hand while bolting it back on any day now if that be true.

luck to you bud

The Doc can always throw a hand grenade in there to break it up so it'll pass with less pain.
Dave, apparently my kidneys work by power of suggestion, so with that said F you, I woke up this morning and went oh-no, at least the bad stuff won't happen for a few hours.

You're welcome?

grin
Seriously, try drinking a case of beer.

Probably flush it right outta there, and if it doesn't you won't care anyway.
I tried that over the weekend.

Okay, I talked to a guy about this. He claims this method helped him. I, thankfully, have not had the opportunity to try it.

Build up a full bladder. Wait. Wait some more. When you are ready to burst, start the firehose. Let out about 1/5 of what you think you need to do and then force yourself to shut it down. Wait 3 seconds with no flow and let'er rip! Repeat throughout the experience. Kind of a surge technique. Record your thoughts during the process (okay, that part wasnt his advice, but I think it might be humorous!!).
Yeah, how many stones has he had... that infernal burning sensation of I"ve got to go... won't allow me to build a full bladder unless I take a couple of 7.5 vics and some Ketorolac at a minimum.. then it'll build only because I"m out hopefully.
I passed my third one last week. Toradol and nothing else. I work in a small town hospital, the first and second ones, the doc gave me Morphine. I puked my guts out. He gave me a shot of Toradol after the Morphine with the second one. The latest one I passed before going back to work, about three hours total from first pain to passing it in the urinal.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Seriously, try drinking a case of beer. Probably flush it right outta there, and if it doesn't you won't care anyway.

I tried that over the weekend.

It didn't work because you did it wrong, you were suppose to drink that 24 pack in one sitting, not over the weekend. wink
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Well........no more guns for you Dave- now that you've gotten stoned! grin

(Karma's gonna be bitch so I might as well continue........)

If you listen closely over your own groans you will hear your stones singing Seals and Crofts............yeah- "we may never pass this way again......" crazy

smile
Such memories. My lone stone was 2 years ago. I woke up about 1am thinking I had crap. Didn't happen and went back to bed feeling mildly uncomfortable. Woke about 2am in agony that started in my lower back and wrapped around my right side. I'm pretty dumb because I STILL thought I had to crap!

A couple hours later and I was sure I was dying. I drove myself to the local small town hospital very very quickly.

They checked me in and put me in one of the ER rooms. They also said they were out of pain meds in the ER and had to go unlock the pharmacy. WTH? For the next 30 minutes I rolled around on the gurney moaning embarrassingly loudly.

When they showed up with the pain meds and Flowmax I might have cried a little. 15 minutes later all was right with the world.

They sent me home with a hand urinal and tiny screen to piss through. I chucked the f_ers in the garbage and went to sleep.

Good luck Dave! Can't imagine having lots of those little bastages.

I've never strained for any.

© 24hourcampfire