Home
Posted By: Bootsfishing Woodbridge VA! - 05/04/14
Gotta head there tomorrow for a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone had any reccomendations for a rental, food, and what to check out...thanks.

Scratch that.... change that....it's Woodbridge Va. I'm heading to. Any help? Thanks.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: portsmouth/norfolk VA - 05/04/14
Boots, I'll send you a PM.
Posted By: Colorado1135 Re: portsmouth/norfolk VA - 05/04/14
Mick's pancake house on oceanview drive in Norfolk. Best breakfast I ever ate. my brother and I ate there every weekend when we weren't out to sea.

Posted By: Bootsfishing Re: portsmouth/norfolk VA - 05/05/14
TOO DANG CLOSE to dc for me!!! Glad it's just a couple of weeks.....
Posted By: byc Re: portsmouth/norfolk VA - 05/05/14
lots to see and do in close proximity to the woodbridge area. tons of meaningful history. especially, if you've never been in the area. AND you can visit with a few of our quality members...:))

Chesapeake Bay and Eastern Shore for starters!!! Shenandoah Valley...list goes on and on....
Posted By: Crow hunter Re: portsmouth/norfolk VA - 05/05/14
It's a suburb of DC basically. Mt. Vernon is right up the road to the northeast and Quantico Marine Corps base is to the south. It was crowded when I was stationed at Quantico in 1990, can't imagine how crowded it would be now. Lots of civil war history in the area and of course all the DC stuff.
Posted By: 163bc Re: portsmouth/norfolk VA - 05/05/14
Cousin of my Mother owns Dawson's Sporting Goods on Rt 1 in Woodbridge. Pretty nice supply of outdoor stuff. I'd go to the Marine Corp museum then head to the Smithsonian. Air & Space at Dulles is pretty nice, & Manassas National Battlefield Park if time allows. 163bc
Posted By: LRoyJetson Re: portsmouth/norfolk VA - 05/05/14
It's called "hoodbridge" for a reason.

USMC museum is a must !
Air and space in Dulles, NRA in Fairfax.
I would stay outside of hoodbridge and drive in.
(traffic sucks no matter what, commute against if possible)
Posted By: Seafire Re: portsmouth/norfolk VA - 05/05/14
I miss the Northern Virginia I pretty much grew up in...

But that was a very long time ago, when the population was about a zillion per cent less....

Was a great place back in those days...

West Springfield High, Class of 1970...
Posted By: Crow hunter Re: portsmouth/norfolk VA - 05/05/14
Originally Posted by Seafire
I miss the Northern Virginia I pretty much grew up in...

Same here. I drifted in and out of Northern Virginia during my childhood due to my dad's military service. I even still semi-liked it when I was stationed there in 1990-1991. Now it just depresses me to go back, so crowded and so many nutjobs. It's become just another northeastern craphole. It was once a great place.
Posted By: smokepole Re: portsmouth/norfolk VA - 05/05/14
check and see if the shad are running in the Rappahannock at Fredericksburg.On ultralight tackle they are fun.
© 24hourcampfire