Home
Posted By: safariman VIKINGS FANS! - 05/09/14
In case you did not stay up late enough to see it, your brass got you a pretty decent QB last night, Teddy Bridgewater. Pulled off a trade with Seattle for their pick, and nabbed a guy who most feel is a better prospect than Johnny "Asleep at the wheel" or "Where's my money" Manziel.

This was, by all reports, a good move and pick up for them. There should be some decent experienced QB's available as cap space hits when the cut downs start, who can be a stopgap and trainer for your new guy.

Congratulations.
Posted By: Scotty Re: VIKINGS FANS! - 05/09/14
I for one am glad they did not over reach with their first pick. The last two times they did that with QB we ended up with Ponder and T-Jack. So far I am feel good with their picks.
Posted By: safariman Re: VIKINGS FANS! - 05/09/14
Bridgewater should be an upgrade for them compared to everyone else they have had since Favre. If only they can convince him to call himself TED instead of TEDDY! Ick! Teddy sounds like a damned stuffed animal toy for a little girl! Who came up with that idea, anyway? His mom? His sisters? Teddy??? Really???

A good player, though. "live" arm, good pocket presence and decision making from what I read and have seen.
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: VIKINGS FANS! - 05/09/14
Unfortunately, Teddy does not have NFL accuracy, so he won't be for long.
Posted By: safariman Re: VIKINGS FANS! - 05/09/14
Hey now, no Vikings fan here, but I was trying to give these guys a little hope. Sometimes (most of the time?) Accuracy can be upgraded with NFL coaching in the area of footwork. I like the pick for them.
Posted By: WyColoCowboy Re: VIKINGS FANS! - 05/09/14
I think they did as good as they could with the first round. I figured QBs would slip and getting Bridgewater next to last gives them a 5-year contract vs 4 year two picks later.

Bridgewater isn't the brightest bulb in the draft and bombed on pro day and at the combine, but it comes down to what you can do on the field. Some people have a game day "switch".
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: VIKINGS FANS! - 05/09/14
Bridgewater isn't the brightest bulb in the draft...

Just what we need, another illiterate qb.

I hate both Vikings picks. We'll be awful for years to come. Zero championships since 1961, why spoil a perfect record like that? grin
Posted By: Redneck Re: VIKINGS FANS! - 05/09/14
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

I hate both Vikings picks. We'll be awful for years to come.
With any luck..
Zero championships since 1961, why spoil a perfect record like that? grin
Not the rumor I've heard...

QUEENS ARE GOIN' TO THE SUPER BOWL!!

as long as they buy tix like the rest of us... laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: VIKINGS FANS! - 05/09/14
Rumor has it that Minneapolis will host the 2018 Super Bowl...but I can guarantee you we won't be playing in it.
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: VIKINGS FANS! - 05/09/14
lol, not much seems to brighten Lee's day like Viking misery.

am thinking that rivarly runs pretty deep up there on the border
Posted By: 4ager Re: VIKINGS FANS! - 05/09/14
A Raiders fan should be the last to comment on another team's QB draft picks.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: VIKINGS FANS! - 05/09/14
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
lol, not much seems to brighten Lee's day like Viking misery.

am thinking that rivarly runs pretty deep up there on the border

Noooooo

grin

[Linked Image]
"How many SB trophys you got QUEENS???"

[Linked Image]

laugh

[Linked Image]

laugh

[Linked Image]

Do y'all see the theme here?

laugh
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: VIKINGS FANS! - 05/09/14
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Do y'all see the theme here?

laugh

That you like to look at male Packers fans in various stages of undress?
Ohhhh you stinker!

[Linked Image]

grin
Posted By: W7ACT Re: VIKINGS FANS! - 05/09/14
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Are those the Packer Cheer Leaders? sick
Posted By: SoDakota Re: VIKINGS FANS! - 05/09/14
What is (or who are) 54 millionairs watching the Superbowl on TV?
Vikings
Posted By: SoDakota Re: VIKINGS FANS! - 05/09/14
Ole und Sven died awent to hell.
The first day the devil was out to get dem Norwegians so he turned up the heat in their room. The devil came around to see how they're doing. Ole replied to the devil seems like a nice July day in da cities. That pissed the devil off. He cranked up the heat in their room and came around again. Ole and Sven were in their bermudas basked in the heat. Ole told the devil seems like a rather hot day in Miny soata. We're sorta enjoying dis.
The devil thought I'll fix them. He turnes the AC on and freezes their room to below zero.
The devil came to see how they were doing. Ole and Sven were hoopin and hollerin and dancing around like dey were never going to have to eat lutefish again.
The Devil was obviously upset. "WHAT ARE YOU GUYS SO HAPPY ABOUT???"

Ole and Sven at da same time said, "DA VIKNINGS WON DA SUPERBOWL!!!"
Posted By: firstcoueswas80 Re: VIKINGS FANS! - 05/10/14
Originally Posted by safariman
Bridgewater should be an upgrade for them compared to everyone else they have had since Favre. If only they can convince him to call himself TED instead of TEDDY! Ick! Teddy sounds like a damned stuffed animal toy for a little girl! Who came up with that idea, anyway? His mom? His sisters? Teddy??? Really???

A good player, though. "live" arm, good pocket presence and decision making from what I read and have seen.

Maybe you don't remember a pretty Damn good linebacker who wears more then one ring by the band of teddy.... bruschi.
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: VIKINGS FANS! - 05/11/14
The only Vikings worth watching won�t be back until 2015 on the History Channel.
© 24hourcampfire