Home
Free meals for vets and family members!
(tonight)

Memorial Day is one week away, but we are getting a head start on honoring our military veterans! This Wednesday, May 21 from 4 to 7 p.m., we will be celebrating Military Appreciation Night at all Washington, D.C. area Chick-fil-A restaurants! Join us for a
FREE Chick-fil-A Meal for all active and former military, and their immediate family members.

Attached picture cfa.jpg
It is nice, but I wish people would remember what Memorial Day is about and it's not the Veterans, we have a day for that called Veteran's Day.
I see your point but important for me to note they got the ad/flyer right

It's Military Appreciation Night.
I ate at Chik Fil A today. I was kind of suprised they were packed at 10:45 with people eating lunch. I got the last spot.
I dont think there is a Chik fil A eatery in WI. Nice of them to make the offer.
now if they just had anything fit to eat.hardly anyone i know eats there because the food is terrible.
Originally Posted by srwshooter
now if they just had anything fit to eat.hardly anyone i know eats there because the food is terrible.

I will say and offer it again -- tell me where you had such a bad experience and I will share with my niece who is a Marketing Director with CFA. I'm sure she will do everything she can to enrich your next experience to include wearing the eat mo chiken cow outfit. laugh

I would offer you free food vouchers but you seem to hate the menu and the company.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
It is nice, but I wish people would remember what Memorial Day is about and it's not the Veterans, we have a day for that called Veteran's Day.

Personal pet peeve for me too. Even when told, some don't seem to be able to distinguish the two?
I guess Chic-fil-A must have used the wiki definition. "A person who has served or is serving in the armed forces."
Chick fila is far and away the best fast food available imho.
you are full of sheyott
Originally Posted by GregW
Chick fila is far and away the best fast food available imho.

+1

Fair enough, but it's kinda tough to feed those who we remember on Memorial day.

If CFA want's to take the opportunity to thank our service members on Memorial day as well as Veterans day, that's fine by me.
Originally Posted by byc

I will say and offer it again -- tell me where you had such a bad experience and I will share with my niece who is a Marketing Director with CFA. I'm sure she will do everything she can to enrich your next experience to include wearing the eat mo chiken cow outfit. laugh

I would offer you free food vouchers but you seem to hate the menu and the company.
not planning on ever going back. i went to one in richmond,va. twice a while back and didn't like it either time. left there both times thinking over price and poorly seasoned chicken. they built one in waynesboro va. and the wife wanted to try it. it was the same thing,just don't like the food. the wife buys there iced tea some times but thats all. the tea is just like mcdonalds ,way to sweet for me.
The same people complaining about Chickfila giving away free food to veterans are the same people who will complain when a business doesn't do anything for veterans. Some folks are just miserable people regardless of what others do.

What exactly should a business do on Memorial Day? I'd say serving those who serve is a pretty good start. Maybe some of you would just rather they just post a few pictures of some dead vets and call it good. Certainly would be better for the bottom line.
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

Fair enough, but it's kinda tough to feed those who we remember on Memorial day.

If CFA want's to take the opportunity to thank our service members on Memorial day as well as Veterans day, that's fine by me.

Hard enough to get Christ to blow out candles on a cake, but we still have Christmas.
Originally Posted by byc

I go through the Chic-fil-A drive through window at least twice a week. They always have the fastest service, friendliest staff, and hot fresh food that's the same quality every time I go there!
And every one of their Restaurants are Exactly the Same, wherever I go. IMO, they are the best Fast Food Restaurants nationwide. And it beats the heck out of Micky-D's or BK ANY Day of the week!
And I pretty much eat Fast Food 6 days a week!

This!

Memorial day is about those who gave and will no longer need a free meal.
Without getting into the veterans/memorial day conversation I love Chik Fil A. Almost all of the people who work there are white, act like they enjoy working there, do their job, speak english and keep the place clean and fast/friendly service.

I read recently that they have 25% of the stores KFC has and are closed one day a week and still beat KFC earnings by a LOT. There's a reason for that.

I ate there today and had a hard time getting a parking spot at 10:45 for lunch.

Agreed.

And to add to the weirdness, our local hardware store is offering discounts this weekend to current military members, current police officers, current firemen, and current EMTs, but not veterans who did not "retire" from active duty. I'm not looking for the discount, but it seems odd to give one on Memorial Day to cops and firemen...
Won't touch the stuff. In fact, I won't touch chicken I have not cooked. Nothing against their food as I have never had it.
© 24hourcampfire