Home
Posted By: byc INDY 500!!! - 05/25/14
Summer has finally arrived!!!! I'm yanking the TV outside and firing up the cooker.

This should be a great race. Loads of real talent.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: INDY 500!!! - 05/25/14
what time does it start?
Posted By: Steve Re: INDY 500!!! - 05/25/14
9:00 AM PDT.
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: INDY 500!!! - 05/25/14
START TIME: Mari Hulman George, matriarch of the family that owns Indianapolis Motor Speedway, will instruct drivers to start their engines at 12:11 p.m. ET, followed by the green flag (waved by Dallas Mavericks owner and reality TV star Mark Cuban) at 12:17 p.m.
In about 45 minutes
Posted By: byc Re: INDY 500!!! - 05/25/14
Kurt Busch is doing the double. Indy and Charlotte. He's already trashed one car in Indy practice.

Lindsay Czarniak is HOT!
Posted By: 5sdad Re: INDY 500!!! - 05/25/14
As we near the end, it's beginning to look a lot like NASCAR.
Posted By: Steve Re: INDY 500!!! - 05/25/14
Red yellow green checkered finish?
I applaud Indy for stopping the race. They are saying for safety reasons but regardless. Fans deserve a racing finish either way.

Also kudos' to Kurt Busch, The man's hanging in there and doing well for the first time in an Indy car.
Posted By: 79S Re: INDY 500!!! - 05/25/14
Race sucks donkey balls for sure! That is not racing! bring on the coca cola 600 boys!
One thing for sure....all those racing boys have hot wives and girlfriends.

Busch finishes 6th. Good for him.
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: INDY 500!!! - 05/25/14
Some really hot racing there at the end. Good job by Kurt Bush. Congratulations to Ryan Hunter Rey for a well deserved win.
Originally Posted by TNrifleman
Congratulations to Ryan Hunter Rey for a well deserved win.

Had to put the tube on pause as some friends stopped by for a visit so I'm about an hour behind in the standings. Guess I don't need to watch the rest of the race now.
laugh laugh laugh grumblegrumblegrumblegrumble grin

Oh well, I have plenty of Gunsmoke recorded.
Posted By: tbear99 Re: INDY 500!!! - 05/25/14
i had my nephew working an being a rarity kept him working thinking i had it recorded but checked in on it in time to see hunter ray's wife and him drink milk and realized it didn't record
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: INDY 500!!! - 05/25/14
Just fast forward to the last 20 or so laps.
Thats when they all try to occupy the same spot in space.
Some were just good racing and one involved it it wrecked when something on his front end broke.

Was a good 200 mph+ race.
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: INDY 500!!! - 05/25/14
The last 20 laps were good, exiting finish.
Kurt did good.
Posted By: maddog Re: INDY 500!!! - 05/25/14
Watched the whole 500, beginning til the end. I thought it was an excellent race. Watched the first hr. of the coca cola 600, and switched channels. That race is a total bore.

maddog
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: INDY 500!!! - 05/26/14
amazing that we had to go 8 years before an American won 'our' race.
On the same subject, when was the last time an American engine won?
Posted By: byc Re: INDY 500!!! - 05/26/14
good point.

In his celebratory interview Ryan Hunter Rey made it a point to emphasize how happy and proud he was to be an American boy standing in the winners circle at Indy.

his words...

"I'm a proud American boy, that's for sure," Hunter-Reay said in Victory Lane. "I've watched this race since I was sitting in diapers on the floor in front of the TV. This is American history, this race, this is American tradition."
Posted By: 79S Re: INDY 500!!! - 05/26/14
Originally Posted by maddog
Watched the whole 500, beginning til the end. I thought it was an excellent race. Watched the first hr. of the coca cola 600, and switched channels. That race is a total bore.

maddog

I watched the last 7 laps I'm not a fan of Indy racing when a driver can hit a button on the steering wheel to get water that's enough for this guy.
© 24hourcampfire