Home
Posted By: shrapnel Sako L-57 Heavy Barrel In 243 - 06/04/14

I am always looking for another reason to upgrade or add to my Sakos and this is the latest. I had a nice Pre-Garcia Bofors gun, but when I saw this one, I decided to upgrade. It has a 4 digit serial number.

L-57s are rare to begin with and in a heavy barrel, I really liked this gun. Selling the other gun helped to pay for this one and all said and done, this is a nice improvement. It will be in the Prairie Dog fields in about 2 weeks...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: eh76 Re: Sako L-57 Heavy Barrel In 243 - 06/04/14
Very nice!
I have owned 2 of those, although mine were L579 Forester's.(sp)
There was no such thing as Garcia's in Oz.
Great rifles and very accurate.
John
I have an L461 very similar to that one in .222. Absolutely love that rifle.

[Linked Image]

You musta got that one from Cabela's?
Me? Yes, I think I did, including the old Leupold M8 16X that turned out to be a great scope but awfully skinny cross hairs.Another pic...

[Linked Image]

Very nice! Good thing I'm a lefty gunny. There are too many very nice right handed rifles in the world.

I have a few heavy barrels including the rare L-469 in 222 Mag, another 222 mag in L-461, 6mm PPC single shot, Maybe one of the rarest, a 220 heavy barrel and the L57 in 243...

[Linked Image]
Very nice Sako Shrapnel!
You cause a man to lust in his heart. grin
Posted By: CCCC Re: Sako L-57 Heavy Barrel In 243 - 06/04/14
How accurately does this new one shoot?
Very nice, shrap.

A heavy barrel with sights?
seems odd.
heres my l-57 in 244 AI

[Linked Image]
i wish somebody would tell me where to find that end cap at the bottom of the pistol grip. Missing on the sako forrester .243 i have. Haven't found anyplace to replace it.
I have another pregarcia sako .243. It was bought in thailand at a AFB in the 60's.
I put a cheap azz 50dollar scope on it. Each year i take it out and shoot it at least once. In at least the last 15years it has never varied in putting them in a dime. They are good rifles.

A couple more L-57 actions on custom rifles. Nothing like older Sako actions and rifles...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by fluffy
A heavy barrel with sights?
seems odd.

They used sights back then, a peep on the rear bridge...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
How functional is the peepers?

Never tried one, but the system is supposed to be a QD type with return to zero (if using the original Sako rings).
Oh,

Put an L461 in a later Hunter stock.....its purty and it will piss Travis off when he sees it.
Originally Posted by HawkI
Oh,

Put an L461 in a later Hunter stock.....its purty and it will piss Travis off when he sees it.

Travis talks trash, but he does have that L-461 with that sight that is pictured and in 222 mag...
I might bring one of my Sako's to the Invitational. Just for fun.

Travis

Shrap, I believe there are still some Sako's available east of the Mississippi. grin

Dang, I may have missed one...
Posted By: eh76 Re: Sako L-57 Heavy Barrel In 243 - 06/05/14
Originally Posted by deflave
I might bring one of my Sako's to the Invitational. Just for fun.

Travis

Want to borrow a couple so you can be prestigious in good company?
© 24hourcampfire