Home
Posted By: 2ndwind Russian flight attendants - 06/10/14
http://thechive.com/2014/05/05/russian-flight-attendants-like-supermodels-in-uniform-36-photos/

Remember back in the day before PC removed weight restrictions on American flight attendants??? It used to be getting on a plane was something to look foward to....sigh...
Posted By: Paul39 Re: Russian flight attendants - 06/10/14
Seems that during the Cold War era, everything in the Soviet Union, including the women, was portrayed as uniformly dumpy and colorless, unattractive.

Since the big thaw, we're seeing Russian women who are smoking hot. From what I read, they are very conscious of their appearance, and seldom leave home without makeup and stylish dress.

Have politics made that much difference?

Paul

You should see the hookers in Moscow that work for the KGB.
Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: Russian flight attendants - 06/10/14
Beautiful girls, but after flying across Russia and back on Aeroflot I can assure you I didn't see any that looked remotely that good. Now the streets of downtown Moscow was a whole different story.

Mike
If I did I'd likely be sharing an apartment with Snowden...
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Remember back in the day before PC removed weight restrictions on American flight attendants??? It used to be getting on a plane was something to look foward to....sigh...

An early experience of mine was ahead of that curve. Flew overseas on a C-54 flight chartered from Slick Airways (no schidt, real name). It was 1958, homely stewardesses before they became PC and legally mandated.

Got our attention when they showed us the shark repellant.

Paul
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Russian flight attendants - 06/10/14
Originally Posted by toltecgriz

I remember the redhead that was outed in NYC as a KGB agent... IIRC Angelina Joule was interested in meeting her.... probably for more than acting research....
Posted By: viking Re: Russian flight attendants - 06/10/14
Some small cockpits right there.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Russian flight attendants - 06/10/14
I worked a project in Kazakhstan 15 years ago and the charter from Budapest to Atarau had Russian stewardesses. I still remember the leggy blond walking down the aisle swaying her hips like a model on the runway.

Seems like Russian women fall into two categories, smoking hot that take care of themselves, or hefty dough faced babushkas.
Posted By: mathman Re: Russian flight attendants - 06/10/14
[Linked Image]

I like this cutie because she hasn't caked on the makeup too thick and got her lips collagen fluffed like some of the others appear to have done.
That's a refreshing change! Based on what I've seen over the past year or so, I suspect that the flight attendants hired by American Airlines are selected because of their physical unattractiveness.
Or gayness
Posted By: jnyork Re: Russian flight attendants - 06/10/14
Originally Posted by Paul39

An early experience of mine was ahead of that curve. Flew overseas on a C-54 flight chartered from Slick Airways (no schidt, real name). It was 1958, homely stewardesses before they became PC and legally mandated.

Got our attention when they showed us the shark repellant.

Paul

I remember Slick Airways. grin (yes, I really AM that old :()

The airline was formed in January 1946 as the air cargo division of the Slick Corporation, headquartered in San Antonio. Slick Airways had its original fleet of Curtiss C-46 Commando aircraft based at Lockheed Air Terminal (Burbank) and San Francisco Airport.[1] In 1949, scheduled freighter flights to domestic destinations were commenced, and by 1951, the company had become the largest all-cargo airline of the United States.[2] On 16 April of that year, Slick Airways became the first airline to operate the freighter variant of the Douglas DC-6 (the passenger variant had been introduced with United Airlines five days earlier).[1]

In 1954, Slick Airways went into merger talks with Flying Tigers because of the increasing competition by passenger airlines, which failed because the respective shareholder would not approve of these plans.[1] In 1958, the company was forced to suspend all scheduled services, though it continued to operate charter flights on behalf of the United States Armed Forces,[3] also to European destinations. A fleet of newly built Lockheed L-1049 Super Constellation airliners went into service with the airline during 1959, initially being used to fly military freight from Travis Air Force Base near Sacramento to Japan. This operation was supplemented by Canadair CL-44s from 1962.[4]

In October 1962 scheduled flights were resumed,[2] when Slick Airways was granted permanent permission to operate its transcontinental Route 101. The trunk routing went from either San Francisco or Burbank to Dallas, St. Louis, Chicago, Indianapolis and New York City and was operated using the Lockheed Super Constellation. The DC-6 was used on side routes. Additionally, Slick Airways operated on so called Quicktrans domestic routes on behalf of the United States Navy.[5] In 1965, the L-1049 was withdrawn from the Route 101 in favor of the CL-44.

On 27 August 1965, scheduled flights once again were discontinued because of the poor financial situation Slick Airways was in, and military charter flights were terminated by the end of the year.[6] On 1 July 1966, Slick Airways was shut down, and the assets were acquired by Airlift International.[2]

Thanks for the historical perspective. I wasn't aware of that.

Paul
Posted By: EdM Re: Russian flight attendants - 06/10/14
I fly a lot and very few of the airlines I fly are American and about all have very attractive flight attendants. The US, nil.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Russian flight attendants - 06/10/14
Wow, fly Russia I guess.
I, too remember when being a flight attendant (we called the a "Stewardess" back then) was a job only for attractive, slender women. I made the mistake of referring to an American Airlines flight attendant as a "Stewardess" and I was quickly and oh so firmly corrected! I meant no harm, but WOW.... the reaction!

Today, in US based airlines an attractive female in the lineup is a rarity. Much the pity.

But then, I also remember airplanes being smoke filled, too.
I think US airlines require female flight attendants to be at least 50 years old.
Those in the USA look as if they were hired to clean outdoor 'two-holers'!! Most would make a freight train take a turn-row!!
Originally Posted by toltecgriz

I remember the redhead that was outed in NYC as a KGB agent... IIRC Angelina Joule was interested in meeting her.... probably for more than acting research....

Anna Chapman. She did make s a few politicians squirm... grin
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
I think US airlines require female flight attendants to be at least 50 years old.

Maturity isn't necessarily bad. I recall a domestic flight, and one flight attendant who was clearly no longer young, but incredibly attractive, to me at least. Polynesian, cute face, long black hair, very graceful bod, and great personality.

Sure got my attention, and that's unusual for this geezer.

Paul
I don't have anything against older women, and I'm not far from that age range myself, but I can't recall a young attractive female flight attendant on a US airline in the past 20 or more years.

As far as attractive older flight attendants, the oil co's in AK have a pair of 737's they fly workers to the oil fields with. One of their attendants is a drop dead gorgeous tall blond, and I'm sure she's over 50 as she's been part of the flight crew for the 17 odd years I've been flying up there.
Posted By: Godogs57 Re: Russian flight attendants - 06/10/14
#6...in the train...red dress....that cute little smirk of hers makes my propeller spin...
Posted By: gmsemel Re: Russian flight attendants - 06/10/14
Well there is another little bit of fact, there are about 15% more women that men in the population of Russia and near that much in Ukraine. They sure are nice to look at and feminism has not ruined the majority of them yet. I myself at 59, am a bit to old to Marry, but if I was 20 years younger, Russia and Ukraine is were I would look for a wife.
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
and make up a eye shadow wit a putty knife....
Originally Posted by gmsemel
Well there is another little bit of fact, there are about 15% more women that men in the population of Russia and near that much in Ukraine. They sure are nice to look at and feminism has not ruined the majority of them yet. I myself at 59, am a bit to old to Marry, but if I was 20 years younger, Russia and Ukraine is were I would look for a wife.

Not to rain on anyone's parade but having known many couples where a guy marries an Eastern European bride, I'd venture to say 90% of the marriages end in divorce. And having mentioned that thought to a Russian Orthodox priest he said my estimate was pretty much spot on. A combination of a cultural differences and language barrier makes for most of those failures. That and I think most of those brides are the worst sort of gold diggers. That's not to say that all Eastern European women are gold diggers, but I think most of the sweet ones want to stay in their home land to be with their families, no matter what the hard ship.

The one thing I love about those women is you never have to guess what's on their mind as they have no pretenses. The one thing I hate about those women is whether you could care less what is on their mind, they will tell you as forcefully and unambiguously as possible.
Posted By: gmsemel Re: Russian flight attendants - 06/10/14
Well my family comes from that part of the world, and a lot of Russians and Ukrainians settled were I grew up and I see the faces of my youth. And the fact that they are direct makes it trait i look for since I am that way myself. I am too old now, and my bank account could never recover should it fail. So I live alone. At least I have my hunting and trout fishing till they decide to take that away too.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Russian flight attendants - 06/11/14
I recall, during the '60s that the CA-based airline, PSA, really had some fetching stews on board; most were probably 20-22 years old and very hot.. Always fun to fly PSA back then.. smile
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Russian flight attendants - 06/11/14

I've flown with Russian flight attendants and they were hot as a 2 dollar pistol!
I'd do them all . . .
Originally Posted by DocRocket
That's a refreshing change! Based on what I've seen over the past year or so, I suspect that the flight attendants hired by American Airlines are selected because of their physical unattractiveness.

Originally Posted by Steelhead
Or gayness

True, aint that something?

My last flight we had black fancy gay boy for a flight attendant. He was the one that did the pre flight seat belt and floatation device simulation.... thought I was going to barf.

very animated, very queer.

Posted By: deflave Re: Russian flight attendants - 06/11/14
There are hot women everywhere. All you gotta do is throw some makeup on 'em and put them in front of a camera.

Travis
It's nice to see anorexia has gone global.
Posted By: kecatt Re: Russian flight attendants - 06/11/14
That was pretty special.

I had no idea rock music still existed.

Excellent!

grin

Posted By: kecatt Re: Russian flight attendants - 06/11/14
Glad you liked it.
Do you want to pork them or get a drink and peanuts in a timely manner?

Anyone remember when they had to be nurses to be stews?
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Russian flight attendants - 06/11/14
Originally Posted by ironbender
Do you want to pork them or get a drink and peanuts in a timely manner?

Um, does this have to be an either or answer? whistle
Posted By: rost495 Re: Russian flight attendants - 06/11/14
Never realized I was flying just to look at the gals.

I actually like the older ones now, they speak to you and with you. Like common folks. And remember you on a flight 2 weeks later etc...

The hot ones, well they won't do anything for me, got more than I can handle married. Never figured the point of getting all riled up for nothing.
© 24hourcampfire