Home
Posted By: seal_billy past & present fashion - 06/14/14
Was at the hobby lobby for some hi viz para cord and saw a guy wearing those toe shoes and while I think they are probably comfy they look horrid. Made me think of bad fashion from my youth and I remembered several bad fashion choices.

Remember Jams? Those kinda long non baggy shorts with all sorts of bright/loud and crazy patterns. I wore'em in middle school. Remember plaid paints? Laugh'n

Fashion from the past makes for a good laugh.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: past & present fashion - 06/14/14
If you don't want anyone messin' with you at the store, askin' for donations, tryin' to sell you some kinda television service, or what not,,, dress like this when you go shoppin'. Trust me. They leave you alone.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TheKid Re: past & present fashion - 06/14/14
Had a bitchin mullet as a little fella, just like dad's! Wore a pair of JeffO approved Hammerpants that my mom made me for a while, thankfully I was 5 when they were in style and outgrew them fast.

Strangely right after the Hammerpants episode mom started buying me Levi's and flannel shirts, dad may have had some input I'm thinking. But twenty some odd years later I wear Levi's and a flannel shirt everyday. Only thing that's changed is I grew a beard about five years ago and have had it since.
Posted By: seal_billy Re: past & present fashion - 06/14/14
Nothing better on a cool fall day than flannel and nothing beats cut off overalls and no shirt to wade fish. Kwood you can hang out with me in your attire anytime. To bad your trick doesn't work on telemarketers.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: past & present fashion - 06/14/14
Originally Posted by seal_billy
Nothing better on a cool fall day than flannel and nothing beats cut off overalls and no shirt to wade fish. Kwood you can hang out with me in your attire anytime. To bad your trick doesn't work on telemarketers.

Telemarketer answer. Let them give their speil. Then say two simple Words. " I'm nekkid!" They hang up fast!
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: past & present fashion - 06/14/14
Apparently. This is this years "must have" mens swimwear

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: past & present fashion - 06/14/14
laugh

Edited to add:

Good Lord! G12.... Where you hang out when not here at the Fire? sick
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: past & present fashion - 06/14/14
I'll never get over double knit suits, those long tipped collar shirts made out of Rayon, ties about 8 inches wide, of Double Knit also, and white Patent Leather belts and shoes. God they were nasty. laugh
I wonder if they come in Leopard print(hint)
Posted By: xxclaro Re: past & present fashion - 06/14/14
My wife's got some of those toe shoes, Vibram Five Finger I think they are called. She doesn't wear them in public though. Apparently supposed to be good for your feet, and she has problems with her feet and says these help. More like walking around bare foot I guess, which some say is better for you anyway.
Posted By: ingwe Re: past & present fashion - 06/14/14
Originally Posted by gitem_12

They do.
Posted By: seal_billy Re: past & present fashion - 06/14/14
OMG 12 where in the hell do you see people like that?! You recon Ingwe has a single sided sack sling in leopard print?!
OMG 12 where in the hell do you see people like that?! You recon Ingwe has a single sided sack sling in leopard print?!

facebook twatwaffle island

If he doesn't. He will at the next pig hunt
Posted By: pira114 Re: past & present fashion - 06/14/14
As a kid, it was an awful lot of corduroy pants and button up shirts. Rust colored seemed to be frequently worn.

Now it depends on the season. We have two here. Hot and cold.

In cold I'm wearing jeans, thermal under shirts with some type of long sleeve. And usually a heavy oil skin coat with wool lining.

In hot I'm usually wearing lightweight khaki pants or shorts and Hawaiian shirts. Hiking shoes or sandals if I'm lounging at home.

Some sort of rum drink is usually part of either outfit
Posted By: eh76 Re: past & present fashion - 06/14/14
Was at the hobby lobby for some hi viz para cord and saw a guy wearing those toe shoes and while I think they are probably comfy they look horrid. Made me think of bad fashion from my youth and I remembered several bad fashion choices.

Remember Jams? Those kinda long non baggy shorts with all sorts of bright/loud and crazy patterns. I wore'em in middle school. Remember plaid paints? Laugh'n

Fashion from the past makes for a good laugh.

You must be a young-un! laugh Elephant bell bottoms were the rage when I was in HS. Bottoms so big you could get a foot caught in them and do a face plant on a stairway. eek Glad I wore the old Levi's.
Posted By: eyeball Re: past & present fashion - 06/14/14
Originally Posted by ingwe

They do.

How many sets you have, Poobs?
Posted By: Colo_Wolf Re: past & present fashion - 06/14/14

[Linked Image]

For the man who has little to hide - but still wants to.
Posted By: eyeball Re: past & present fashion - 06/14/14
Originally Posted by xxclaro
My wife's got some of those toe shoes, Vibram Five Finger I think they are called. She doesn't wear them in public though. Apparently supposed to be good for your feet, and she has problems with her feet and says these help. More like walking around bare foot I guess, which some say is better for you anyway.

Yea, until you step on a tack or glass or hocker, or bubble gum or 145 degree gooey asphalt.

[Linked Image]

where do you suppose they anchor the other end of that?
Posted By: snubbie Re: past & present fashion - 06/14/14
Originally Posted by fluffy

[Linked Image]

I don't want to think about it but somewhere on the other side of their front.

Heck, I think I'll go find some bleach for my eyes now.
Posted By: seal_billy Re: past & present fashion - 06/16/14
Originally Posted by pira114
As a kid, it was an awful lot of corduroy pants and button up shirts. Rust colored seemed to be frequently worn.

Now it depends on the season. We have two here. Hot and cold.

In cold I'm wearing jeans, thermal under shirts with some type of long sleeve. And usually a heavy oil skin coat with wool lining.

In hot I'm usually wearing lightweight khaki pants or shorts and Hawaiian shirts. Hiking shoes or sandals if I'm lounging at home.

Some sort of rum drink is usually part of either outfit

I miss corduroy pants! They were nice in the winter.
Posted By: ingwe Re: past & present fashion - 06/16/14
Before there was 'designer camo' there was woodland�..and trucker hats!!! laugh

[Linked Image]
Posted By: kend Re: past & present fashion - 06/16/14
Leisure suits and then there is the Members Only jacket. I still see old guy's wearing polyester jeans and Members only jackets. Yea, I had both.
Posted By: derby_dude Re: past & present fashion - 06/16/14
They wouldn't work on me for a lot of reasons.
Posted By: KDK Re: past & present fashion - 06/16/14
Originally Posted by ingwe

They do.

Eeeeeeew....
Posted By: stxhunter Re: past & present fashion - 06/16/14
[Linked Image]
Well, it's kinda fashion. Back before Jeans were pre-shrunk,you had to buy them several sizes too large and too long. You'd have to cuff the legs until they shrank enough. Wear suspenders until the waist fit, then a belt. If Mom guessed wrong you might not be able to get them on or you might have high water Jeans.

Cuffs were kinda fashion positive until about 1960, after that cuffs were considered low class (locally).
Posted By: JSTUART Re: past & present fashion - 06/16/14
Originally Posted by fluffy

[Linked Image]

Judging by the two pictured it would probably be with an eight inch piece of plastic jammed up the coit.
Posted By: rifle Re: past & present fashion - 06/16/14
I was into many things back then...
[Linked Image]
Posted By: seal_billy Re: past & present fashion - 06/18/14
Ha, I see that seat is in her seat.
Posted By: Kojac Re: past & present fashion - 06/18/14
Seems about 20 years ago when the American truckers gave up their Levis, cowboy shirts, and boots; morphed into the American slob look with baggy ass, multi pocket shorts, oversize T-shirts, and those god awful, seldom tied Reeboks and Nikes with the big tongues hanging out.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: past & present fashion - 06/18/14
Originally Posted by Kojac
Seems about 20 years ago when the American truckers gave up their Levis, cowboy shirts, and boots; morphed into the American slob look with baggy ass, multi pocket shorts, oversize T-shirts, and those god awful, seldom tied Reeboks and Nikes with the big tongues hanging out.

Believe me, when you are sitting in a truck for most of the day you are looking for as much comfort as possible...and preferably some sort of footwear that doesn't make your feet stink.

In a truck, comfort is king.

Ps, be aware that I am referring to Semi trailers which I think you lot call tractor-trailers...God alone knows how you get "tractor" out of a cab-over or bonneted truck I have no idea.
Posted By: gmsemel Re: past & present fashion - 06/18/14
Well I am pretty much a Flanel shirt and Blue jeans sort of guy always has been. As for shoes, either Bean boots or a good work boot for general wear and Good Packs for hunting. I like simms stocking foots now a days, but spend a decade and a half in a pair of neoprene stocking foots from Thomas and Thomas and a boot that Danner use to make, then don't anymore, they were one of the best I ever owned it took me 15 years of hard fishing to wear them out. I get piss off If I have to buy clothes more often than 5 to 10 years. A lot of the stuff I buy as far as cloths go, don't last like they did in the pass. I think I am just going to just save more for cloths and buy nothing but Filson!
Posted By: jorgeI Re: past & present fashion - 06/18/14
Thanks, there's not enough eye or brain bleach in the universe...
Posted By: DIYguy Re: past & present fashion - 06/18/14
That goofy swimwear might be ok for guys with "shortcomings" but those of us that were "more gifted at birth" would struggle to contain ourselves in such a marble sack. grin
Posted By: Redneck Re: past & present fashion - 06/18/14

[Linked Image]
OMG

Somebody shows up at my place in that rig will get drawn on and held for the cops..
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: past & present fashion - 06/18/14
Somebody shows up at my place in that rig will get drawn on and held for the cops..

What exactly does "drawn on" mean? grin
© 24hourcampfire