Home
http://www.mercurynews.com/nation-w...ire-town-evacuated-35-houses-burn-flames
[Linked Image]

smoke here in North Idaho from that fire.
[Linked Image]

same view on a clearer day
Been there many times. Nice little town with a good restaurant and plenty of places to park a truck.

Son left Caldwell ID last night headed for Tacoma. I84 closed at the first off ramp. He had to swing down through Central OR across 20 to bend the up 26 to Portland. A lot of miles out of the way. Roads closed in several places in Central OR all because of fires.

yep, it's a real odd looking day here.
Looks like it's cloudy, but it's all smoke.
Keeping the heat down today, but the smoke smell is the trade off.

[Linked Image]
Courtesy of your friendly environmental terrorists.

They won't be happy until you ALL are gone from the West.
l will be gone from the west when they shovel dirt in my face.
Boise was very smokey yesterday. Nampa and Caldwell were just hazy.
Prayers on the way for everyone in the fire zones.
Originally Posted by 280shooter

Brother, you ain't kidding!

My wife and I had to strain it through or teeth to breath. wink

L.W.
That's from fires in OR. We're in Portland now. Yesterday we left ID intending to camp north of La Grande. I-84 was closed south of Baker because of a fire so we headed west toward John Day. We camped east of John Day then checked this morning for road closures. 26 was closed west of John Day so we headed north toward Pendleton. It was so smokey that sometimes we couldn't see across the valleys. My eyes are burning tonight. It only added 100 miles to our trip. NE Oregon is burning up.

some of the worst air pollution I've ever seen in Boise was around 92'. Nasty!
I am in Canby just south of you. We leave tomorrow morning to head back to the farm for another load. Wish we had time to buy you a cup of coffee or breakfast.
Originally Posted by okok

some of the worst air pollution I've ever seen in Boise was around 92'. Nasty!

The valley tends to hold the smoke in the summer and we are subject to inversions in the winter.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Ha. Odds it was started by Muzzies or by the Jews?
Originally Posted by deerstalker
[Linked Image]

smoke here in North Idaho from that fire.
[Linked Image]

same view on a clearer day

DS, WTF? You have a grizzly ranch in Idaho?
Originally Posted by Scott F
I am in Canby just south of you. We leave tomorrow morning to head back to the farm for another load. Wish we had time to buy you a cup of coffee or breakfast.

We're actually staying with our daughter in Vancouver. We're here for her baby shower tomorrow night and tomorrow I suspect I'll be a taxi service for proud Grandma to do some baby gift shopping all over Portland. I hate city driving.
Portland isn't the worst city to drive in but is may be in the top fifteen percent. We will be going up 205 to 5 and then on to 101 at Olympia. We load up and come back sunday.

Best of luck in you adventure tomorrow.
Boise is worse. It's far smaller than Portland but somehow they've managed to screw up the traffic enough to make it far worse than big cities. You can travel east & west in Boise without too much problem but they've never addressed north & south traffic.
If you can stay away from the down town parts you should do fine. At least you did not have to do a Friday at 4:00 thing. That can take a while.
back to the town burning...100 homes in a town of only 650 is a blow that they'll likely never recover from. Houses are likely insured but the landscape will be gone for many years. That's on the dry side of the Cascades where rainfall is pretty minimal. Trees grow much slower than farther west.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Boise is worse. It's far smaller than Portland but somehow they've managed to screw up the traffic enough to make it far worse than big cities. You can travel east & west in Boise without too much problem but they've never addressed north & south traffic.

Nobody in their right mind wants to end up in the North End and we sure as heck don't want them them in the real world with us.
Fire has already hit the river. Depending on the winds, the inner perimeter should burn as well. That smoke is coming straight here, and with the mung from Kelowna on the north, we can't see mountains which means bad air. Doesn't bother me, and the folks in the Okanaogan Methow are way worse off.
Oh, but this is NATURAL fire cause by Klymate Khange. Eff me.
Oh, but this is NATURAL fire cause by Klymate Khange.

Yeah.

People that just lost everything they own are gonna get tired of hearing that schidt...

Proper forest management is bad. Logging is bad. People are bad.

Wolves and grizzlies and bunnies are good.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

The Methow Valley was a hot bed of good patriots keeping the eco-nazis at bay: looks like they burned them out.

Want to bet zoning laws will prevent rebuilding?
A community effort and a a recall election can get zoning laws set aside but quick. The county belongs to the people, not to a few officials.
Originally Posted by deerstalker
l will be gone from the west when they shovel dirt in my face.

They'll be gone if we shovel dirt in their's........or feed them to the magpies and ravens. I'm open to either.
© 24hourcampfire