Home
Regardless of search terms, all it now shows me are the most recent posts. If I restrict it to my own posts, it shows me all of my most recent posts, none of them having anything to do with the search terms. Please change it back to the way it was. I knew how to use the old one.
I tried using the new search function a couple weeks ago. I knew most of the title of the thread and the approximate time it was active, so I put all that handy-dandy info into the searching machine and, voila! Nothing.

Good thing I can just use the google search function for the 'fire.
The whole board is quirky to the extreme now. My message indicator never stops now. About half the time, when I can manage to log in, I'll get logged out in between clicking on a post and/or making a reply.
my personal opinion is that the anti-gun hackers have focused in on this site.

we find ourselves delayed from connection for whatever reason.

recently, the website is failing to defend it's territory. the wait for connection is becoming inexorable.

the site is being under constant attack, no doubt.
" . . . has become?"
No, it has always been worthless! It is easier to search this site using Google or Yahoo, putting in your terms plus "24 Hour Campfire".
Really? It works for me.
I am not seeing any change. I had no trouble pulling up information from posts made in early 2011.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I am not seeing any change. I had no trouble pulling up information from posts made in early 2011.
It appears that the new search feature works perfectly for some, but not most Fire members. For most of us, it's literally unusable.
When did it become "new"?

Enter a topic word, and a date range. For instance "newer than 5 years and older than 4 years."

User name may be left blank or included.

What could be easier?

Garbage in = Garbage out

As I've said before it works just fine but apparently many ain't bright enough to use it.
Try this

24Hourcampfire Search

Enter a topic word, and a date range. For instance "newer than 5 years and older than 4 years."

What could be easier?

It's easy enough to use, but often turns up irrelevant posts. Also, I guess it required a minimum input and didn't work with requests like "308".

A couple weeks ago Rick posted that he had done some tweakage to it. That's the 'new' part.

The search that eh posted is about the only one I've used since (who done it?) it was created.

I'd prefer Rick hotlink that search engine to the search function link. But, it ain't my website. wink

What could be easier?

Yeah, it used to work perfectly, just like you describe. For many of us, since the change a month or two ago, it just simply no longer functions.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

What could be easier?

Yeah, it used to work perfectly, just like you describe. For many of us, since the change a month or two ago, it just simply no longer functions.

Dang joos at it again...
I thought that the new search function was no longer available to KOTYs?
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
KOTYs?

,...be damned,..

he got all the letters in the right order this time.

That's pretty fuggin' impressive considering he couldn't recite the alphabet until age 47.

"D" always hung him up fer some reason,..

,...be lookin' all up at the ceilin',...rollin' his eyes and a'carryin' on,...talkin' bout,..."D,....D,.....Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,...Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee".

It'd go on all fuggin' day if somebody didn't cut him off.
DKOTY
no,...D-EFGH

Keep workin' at it.
Damn or Dumb both work for DKOTY

I should have known that you are a charter member of the Down With the Letter �D� world conspiracy.
�D� is one of the finest letters in the alphabet.
I use four of them in my full name.

Maybe so,...but you're going to have to get past your fascination with it if you ever expect to get to "Z".

You can't just say, "A-B-C-D!",..then start waving your arms up and down and walking in a circle expecting applause from the audience.

The whole world doesn't share your enthusiasm for the letter "D".
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Maybe so,...but you're going to have to get past your fascination with it if you ever expect to get to "Z".

You can't just say, "A-B-C-D!",..then start waving your arms up and down and walking in a circle expecting applause from the audience.

The whole world doesn't share your enthusiasm for the letter "D".
laugh
© 24hourcampfire